Unemployment is one of the social evils in any growing economy. For a government, eradicating this menace is one of the top agendas. The government of Ghana as taking this responsibility seriously thanks to NABCO (Nation Builders Corps). Through our article we seek to educate you about this institution, it’s role in the economy and how to enroll. Read on to find out more about the proram and how to be part of the 2019 intake.
What is NABCO?
NABCO is an acronym for the Nation Builders Corps, a Ghanaian government initiative that seeks to address the every rising unemployment in the country. Through the initiative focus of solving service delivery in the public sectors such as agriculture, education, health, governance, revenue collection and mobilization and technology, the Ghanaian government seeks to provide over 100,000 graduates in the country. So far the initiative has been received well across the county as it has seen more than 40,000 graduates already apply for the program in less than two weeks since its launch.
What are the objectives of NABCO?
NABCO Ghana is founded on key objectives that include:
- Providing temporary employment opportunities to the many unemployed university graduates
- Improving skills and employability status for graduates thus helping them transition from the programme to their permanent employment
- Better public service delivery
- Develop government revenue mobilization
- To provide needed infrastructure to improve access to basic public services
READ ALSO: How to apply to NABCO programme?
7 NABCO Modules
NABCO jobs are divided into 7 key models which are explained on their official website. These seven modules include
- Educate Ghana: The main focus of educate Ghana is on STEM and other subjects in primary and secondary schools.
- Heal Ghana: This modules focuses on providing healthcare delivery to deprived and rural communities across Ghana.
- Feed Ghana: The aim here is to provide extensive support to farmers across Ghana.
- Revenue Ghana: Revenue Ghana provides a workforce and minimal technology solution to generate the requisite revenue.
- Digitize Ghana: Provide a converging solution to most of the active and latent government programmes and initiatives.
- Civic Ghana: Give some resource base at the District and Constituency level.
- Enterprise Ghana: This module helps with the effort to industrialise all parts of the country
Who qualifies for NABCO jobs?
This is one of the main questions that is on the mind of every Ghanaian citizen now. According to the blue prints of the program the Nation Builders Corps is opened to all the Ghanaian graduates who have successfully completed their degree and diploma courses at Ghanaian accredited tertiary institutions.
When is the NABCO online registration?
The current years NABCO online registration process is on with the process officially starting on 1st of May 2018 and will run to the 1st of June 2018. On the other hand, the national districts offices will open the process to applicants from 4th June 2018 to the 15th of June 2018 in an effort to ensure that nobody is left out in the process.
NABCO 2019 terms and conditions
With the advancement of technology you do not require to visit the nabco head office in order to send your application since everything can be done online. However for you to get an admission to the institution there are a number of things you need to comply to. The following are some of the terms and conditions you are requires to comply with if you want to gain admission at this institution.
1. Email address
2. Softcopy of your passport size picture
3. Scanned copy of highest degree/diploma qualification (in pdf format)
4. Certificate number of degree/diploma (if available)
5. Ghana Post GPS digital address of residence. If you do not have the digital address, download and generate one:
6. District of residence
7. National Service Scheme (NSS) PIN
8. In addition to the NSS PIN, Heal Ghana Module is open to only graduates with healthcare training and professional license. Applicant license number/PIN is required.
9. Any of the following National IDs:
- NHIS Card
- National ID card
- Voters ID card
10. Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) Number
11. E-zwich Card Number
How to apply
Once you have meet the above terms and conditions the next stage is to apply. Remember since most of the process is online you need to have IT skills in order to apply. The following is how to go about this.
Step 1: Vist apply.nabco.gov.gh
Step 2: Fill in your basic information and complete the Google Captcha.
Step 3: After confirming your details you will be taken to next stage of the application process. Here you can save your progress and resume at a later time.
Step 4: Key in your details essential to locating you whenever need arise
Step 5: Key in your employment details
Step 6: Confirm that you have provided your accurate information and where errors are correct before proceeding
Step 7: Confirm your submission and print the receipt
Step: Validate your information before the actual interview of your job module
Important NABCO Builders Schedule for 2019 (May to August)
- Online application: May 1, 2018, to June 1, 2018.
- District offices open for applicants: June 4, 2018, to June 15, 2018
- Interviews: June 25, 2018, to July 7, 2018.
- NABCO District and Module Placement Orientation: July 16, 2018, to July 27, 2018.
- Placement and Commencement : August 1, 2018.
How much is nabco builders pay?
Under this NABCO programme eligible graduates will be paid an allowance equivalent of 700 Ghana Cedis monthly and they will be in the program for a period of 3 years.
NABCO head office address are located ate 2 Abafun Cres, Accra, Ghana with their digital address being GL-026-0106.
Call info: 0302 000 111