- Government has launched the mobile money interoperability
- There has been so much concerns over how this new system works
- Vice president believes this new system will deal with cyber fraud
If you have been monitoring the news recently you will find out that those of us who transfer money to friends and family through mobile money can now do that on a new platform.
This system, called the mobile interoperability, gives you the chance of transferring cash from your phone to any other mobile network.
So far, vice president, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, has launched the system saying it is aimed at reducing instances where you will have to use cash to make payments.
“It is a historic day for Ghana. A very big deal.This singular achievement reinforces President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s belief that with the right conditions and leadership, there is nothing we cannot achieve as a people.”
It has been days since the mobile interoperability was launched and there have been so many questions regarding this new system. Just to help you understand what this system is all about.
1. What is the mobile interoperability (MMI)? This is the service which allows direct and seamless transfer of funds from one mobile money account to a different other network.
2. You can simply dial your existing mobile money short code to access the service. Your mobile money network will provide the menu to use the MMI service.
3. Everyone is qualified to use this service and all mobile money subscribers can take advantage of this service
4. This service does not mean you can’t use your existing mobile money PIN to authorize all transactions to other networks.
5. A subscriber can transfer any amount of money to their recipient by their mobile money operator.
6. The mobile money interoperability will deal with the issue of cyber fraud once and for all.
If you want some more information on the mobile money interoperability, you might want to speak to your network operator on the matter.
Top Signs That You Are a True Ghanaian | Yen.com.gh
Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish on YEN.com.gh? Please contact us on Facebook now!