- Two pupils have been electrocuted following Thursday's heavy downpour
- The students were on their way home when the incident occured
- One of the students has died as a result
Two female students of CRIG Primary School have been electrocuted leading to the death of one while the other is in critical condition at the Akyem Tafo government Hospital.
According to a report sighted on Starrfmonline.com, the incident occurred on Thursday afternoon at Akyem New Tafo Zongo in the Eastern region after the heavy rainstorm.
The Assembly Member for Akyem New Tafo Zongo, Fuseini Shaban in confirming the news indicated that the students had just returned home from school when the incident happened.
According to him, the siblings were electrocuted by a Metal Television Pole in their home.
He added that preliminary investigations revealed that there was an electrical fault in the house which electrified the roof and the television pole.
In a related development, the heavy downpour which was recorded in a number of regions and accompanied by strong winds led to the destruction of some properties in many places.
In a suburb of Accra, specificaly the areas around KFC in East Legon some two heavy trees fell on the road causing heavy human and vehicular traffic.
The police were called in to salvage the situation and helped to keep the traffic from building up on that part of town.
Some loggers were later called in to cut the trees with chainsaws to enable them move it off the road.
No loss of life has been recorded in Accra yet after the heavy rainfall.
Top signs that show that you are really a Ghanaian:
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident?
Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook page.