NSS registration is opened to individuals between the ages of eighteen to forty years especially the newly qualified Ghanaian university graduates from accredited tertiary institutions. Act 426 which governs the NSS requires graduates to do a one year national service to Ghana regardless of where a graduate has had his or her tertiary education. The National Service Scheme is vital because for an individual to enjoy formal employment within Ghana, they are required to serve as service personnel in the country.
The National Service scheme has a sole purpose of empowering young minds so that they are able to acquire the spirit of self employment which should as a result lead to the growth of the economy of Ghana. This article is going to enlighten you on nss registration Ghana 2018-2019, when is nss registration starting, how to get your nss registration number and, the deadline for nss registration much more.
National service scheme registration procedures
In case you are interested in being a part of the national service scheme, you are supposed to follow the guidelines below so as to have a smooth nss registration process and avoid any complications.
2018 NSS registration requirements
Here are some of the requirements you needed when filling your nss online registration form.
- One valid ID -passport, voters card, SSNIT card or a driver’s license.
- A Scanned Passport Photograph that is not more than 1 mb. This is supposed to appear on the final certificate and therefore needs to be formal.
Obtaining your pin
- Visit the NSS Pin Portal through the website below.
- Under the applications menu, you should click on My NSS PIN Code.
- Put in your school ID or Index Number so as to retrieve your nss registration pin Code.
You should know that as a prospective National Service Personnel, you are supposed to check with the students’ affairs office/office of the Dean of Students/students representative council so as to pick your PIN. Enrollment PINS are normally released in February or March of every service year.
The registration process
- You are required to pay your registration fee and NASPA dues at any Agricultural Development Bank (ADB) so as to commence your nss registration procedure. The fees and dues are currently 40 Ghana Cedis. You should note that without the required payment, you will not be able to access the registration platform so as to register for your compulsory national service.
- You should then use the link below to log on the NSS portal in order to download the nss registration form. http://www.nssghana.org/nssenrollment/(S(qeck3y55pm5dz145aepta445))/default.aspx
- Then go to the APPLICATION tab, once a drop down menu appears, click ENROLL.
When uploading your photo, it is advised that you use a standard passport photo. Additionally, the passport picture ought to be equal to or less than 1mb.
- You should start by clicking on New Enrollment
- Enter your Pin number and Index number by clicking on the PIN tab.
- You are then required to confirm whether the PIN number you have entered is correct and then click on the section GET ENROLLMENT FORM.
- Once you have gained access, the form will then come with your details which include name, course pursued and institution attended.
- In order to avoid your form being rejected, you should ensure that all tab -spaces are correctly filled.
- You should keep in mind that all tab spaces on the form where there are triangles are pull- down menu. You therefore have a list to select form.
- For those schooling and working, it is advised that you fill the right field and send copies of letters that grant you study leave. The copies should be sent to the NSS headquarters through fax: 03221-769074/772714. Alternatively, you could take them to a nearby NSS office.
- You should then scan your passport photo in the right format which is JPEG. (The size of the photo should not be more than 2mb but could be less). In order to select the picture, you should then browse for the location where the picture has been saved.
- Once you are done with the form, you should click on SUBMIT.
- The system shall then generate an NSS number which after submission which appears on the top left hand of the enrollment form.
- You should then go back to the first window and click on the QUERY ENROLLMENT tab and enter the NSS number that the system generated for you plus your index number.
- You should the click on the slot GET ENROLLMENT FORM whereby your form will appear with a picture on it. You should then print it out.
- You will use the NSS number generated to get your posting information.
READ ALSO:NSS monthly report form for duty 2018
Accessing your postings
Here is a guideline as to how you should go about your nss posting registration.
You will get your postings through the NSS website below.
You should then go to THE DEPLOYMENT tab whereby a drop down menu shall appear and then click on CHECKING POSTINGS.
You should then enter your NSS registration number in order to get access to your posting.
- Click on SUBMIT and wait for the results
- Your posting information will then appear
- Then click on the Posting Letter tab in order for the posting letter to be displayed.
- You are advised to then print two copies of you posting letters and posting information.
- You should then take the printed posting letters and posting information to the regional director in the region you have been posted in for the sake of endorsement.
- You should then report to your user agency where you will be doing you national service so that the head of that institution also endorses your appointment letters so as to testify that you have reported as posted. It is vital that the date of endorsement is indicated on the appointment letter to avoid any inconveniences.
- You are then required to send your fully endorsed and dated letter to your respective NSS District Officer.
- You are then required to return to your User Agency so as to start the program as it is required in September of the year you were posted.
- After beginning you national service, you are required to submit to your NSS District office a duty reporting form that has been endorsed by your supervisor at user agency where you have been posted on a monthly basis.
All in all, you ought to know that this form is not only designed to facilitate the processing of your allowances but also to help your supervisor obtain your performance information.
NSS registration deadline
The Management of the National Service Scheme has officially announced the nss registration closing date 2018/2019 so that interested personnel could get hold of the nss registration form 2018 as fast as possible.
1. The NSS Registration 2018 is set to close on Thursday, 31st May 2018.
2. The NSS Application Portal is supposed to shut down on Thursday, 31st May 2018 at 11:59 PM.
You should take note of the fact that once the National Service Scheme Portal is closed, no applications shall be submitted. Therefore, you should ensure that you submit your application before the nss registration deadline in order to avoid being left out. Below are NSS contact details that could be of benefit to you.
46 Patrice Lumumba Road
Airport Residential Area
Accra Accra Ghana
Call center numbers:
READ ALSO:NSS assessment form 2018
NSS registration closing date 2018/2019- Interesting aspects about the scheme
Facts to note about the national service scheme
There are important facts you need to know about the national service scheme that could be of benefit to you. Here are some of them.
- Objectives of the Scheme
The National Service Scheme focuses on enabling Ghanaian youths acquire the zeal and urge to use their skills positively so as to promote the economy of the country.
It also seeks to not only promote national unity and integration but also to develop common ties among Ghanaians.
- Terms of Service
Like all organizations, the NSS has a number of rules and principles that govern it for the sake of order. Here are some of the terms of services of the NSS.
- Assessment form
An assessment form is a form given to every personnel on a monthly basis. The employer uses it to give feedback regarding the performance of an individual. The form is to be completed and submitted on the fifth of every month to the NSS District office. Failure to submit the form on time, personnel could risk losing his or her allowance for that particular month.
Every service personnel ha a right to monthly allowance by the government. The ministry of finance is responsible for that.
- Leave during period of service
The NSS is quite considerate due to the fact that each personnel are allowed a one month terminal leave. However, for expectant personnel, you are supposed to inform your employer in advance so that he or she informs the regional directors of the secretariat and executive director in order to be granted a maternity leave. When on maternity leave, it is important to note that you will not get paid.
- End of year service
Once service personnel complete the one year compulsory service, they are issued with a Certificate of National Service.
- Offences in NSS
Despite NSS being accommodating, the program does not compromise on its rules and basic principles. There are offences that do not go unpunished. Here are some of them.
This is whereby personnel do not report to their posts for more than three months. This is considered as evasion of service and there is no excuse towards such an offence.
b. Self posting
This is a case whereby personnel post themselves to establishments other than the ones they were officially posted. When this happens and they are fished out, they will have their services nullified and the journey in the NSS service therefore ends at that point.
Desertion is whereby service personnel do not complete the set period for NSS service which is usually a year without any authorization from the Board. When such an offence occurs, the service personnel is declared an evader under the NS act and will therefore be nullified and asked to start all over again.
- NSS hierarchy of power
Normally, the board of the service takes care of the affairs of the National service. After the board, there is the Executive Director and two Deputy Director who are in charge of human resource management and operations. One deputy executive director takes care of finance matters and administration while the other takes care of the service’s operations. On the other hand, the executive director and the deputies have the duty of supervising the activities of the heads of various departments that are all at the national level.
READ ALSO:Download and fill NSS allowance form
At the regional level, the regional director heads the activities of the NSS. He or she bares the duty of supervising the work of different district directors. In total, there are ten regional heads that supervise the ten regional capitals.
Benefits of national service scheme in Ghana
The Ghana national service scheme boasts of a number of advantages to the youths in Ghana. Here are some of the advantages of being a member of the NSS.
- Personnel acquire the ability to not only practice social harmony but also national integration.
- The youth participating in the NSS Scheme also develop capacity to tackle emergencies and natural disasters through the training they undergo during the one year program.
- They also develop the competence needed to work as a group and share responsibilities.
- They also acquire the ability to utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to different problems that affect them as individuals and also the community as well.
- The youth through the NSS scheme also gain skills in mobilizing community participation and much more.
In a nut shell, with the information provided above, it is crystal clear that the National Service Scheme is very important to the youths in Ghana and the county’s economy as well. Additionally, the registration process is very clear and easy. You only need to follow instructions and pay the necessary fees for you to be a part of the NSS scheme and give back to the community. Therefore, if you do not want to be locked out of the 2018/2019 ongoing enrollment scheme, you should ensure that you submit your form around early may for the first slot or around August ending for the second slot.
You can always make contact if you want to learn more. use the email and phone numbers below.