The stakes of having a well-toned body has never been higher. Many women are looking for alternatives in the medicine world but it really lies on the exercises for wider hips. You don’t need to take down some pills to achieve that smashing hot figure. All you have to do is put in the work through the exercises for wider hips. It has been done before and there are many success stories that can bear witness to the system. The main goal for the exercises for a wider hip is to burn down the excess fat and add more muscles.
So what is the secret ingredient in the exercises for wider hips fast? Well the exercises of how to get wider hips have been scientifically proven to focus on the gluteus minimus, gluteus which form the part of the bum muscles. A combination of this group of muscles is what makes up the shape of the hips and the butt. These exercises for wider hips and bigger bum are all infused in the workout plan. Diet is also an essential part of these routine as it plays a crucial role in the formation of muscles. It is impossible to change the bone structure but who said it is impossible to change the way the muscles are sculptured?
Wider hips exercises
Before we embark on our mission on how to get bigger hips and smaller waist, it is important to understand the shape of your body and the pelvic size. These exercises vary depending on the structure of your bones. For women with a genetically narrow hip, it is going to be more work and a lot of exercises in order to increase the hip size and achieve the desired results. The exercise that are highlighted below mainly focus on the intense moves that target what we call the ‘butt muscles’ comprised of the gluteus medius and minimus muscles.
The exercises will results in better results if they are combined and done on a regular basis. Foregoing the routine for a while only derails the results. This is a mission that takes heart, determination, and commitment. Prepare yourself mentally and physically before delving into the exercises. In case of complications, always seek help form a professional trainer. The exercises have been divided into home exercises and gym exercises. You can go for either depending on your schedule and access to the facilities, follow the exercise for wider hips with pictures.
Home exercises for wider hips
You are probably in the loop that squats are the best remedy to the perfect butt. But many people think it is just a matter of squats a day and alas! Perfect body. Squats engage both your leg muscles and back muscles. If you dip your thighs at an angle 90 degrees lower than the common squat parallel to the ground you will be able to activate the gluteus maximus muscles more.
Here is a step by step guide to help you do the perfect squats:
- Stand in an upright posture with the width across the hips apart and the toes turned out.
- Keep the arms by the side with the palms faced inwards. Hold u your shoulders with the chest out and up. During the entire time ensure that your body is tight.
- Take a breather as you lower your hips gently. In a continuous manner move up and down. A hinge like movement should be produced by your knees in case you are wondering if you are doing the right thing.
- It is crucial to commence with the hips backwards and not contrary to popular belief that it’s the starts by bending the knees.
- Proceed with going down until the thighs are nearly parallel to the ground. In case you are still comfortable you can go lower in order to maximize the movement.
- Breathe out as you progressively extend your knees and use the hips to raise yourself back. Use your knees for support until you stand again.
2. Bicycle crunches exercises to get wider hips fast
Bicycle crunches are the perfect maneuver done in a cycling motion with the legs in the air and which focuses on the core while flexing the oblique muscles along the side of your torso. It helps to lose the fat in the stomach area as well as streamlining the body to accentuate the hips. Here is a quick tutorial on how to execute them:
- Lay on the ground with your back, the knees and the hips must be bent at a 90 degree angle. The lower parts of your leg must be parallel to the ground. The fingers must be on the either side of the forehead.
- With the rest of your body firmed on the ground, raise your shoulder gently as you hold this position.
- Gently twist the upper part of your torso to the right while continuously pulling the right knee swiftly and immediately it touches the left elbow. While in motion, remember to straighten your left leg to the maximum. A cycling motion must be produced as you begin with the starting position with repeated movements on the side.
- Do the crunches in three sets each with close to 15-25 cycles.
3. Lunge exercise for flat tummy and wider hips
Lunges are best and elevating the heart while simultaneously targeting the quads, hamstrings and gluts. A perfect lunge ensures that your muscles benefit with the reduced risk of occurrence of an injury:
- Stand in an abreast manner with both your feet together. The shoulders should be pulled back with the abdominal muscles braced.
- Take a step forward with the right leg. Lift the leg up and take a quick pause in order to maintain the posture and balance and bring it down to the floor.
- Bend the knees to the maximum extent as you proceed forward at the hips. Maintain lowering the body until the thigh front is parallel to the ground. Continue with the step until you feel a discomfort building up. At all moment in the exercise, the front knee must be behind the toes.
- Push up a bit with the heel of the front foot down in the ground as you straighten the leg. Leverage both the butt and the thigh muscles as you progressively return to the starting position. Watch this out.
4. Glute Bridge exercise for wider hips and thighs
The exercise is designed to tone down the butt and thighs as it strengthens the lower back and also strains the pelvic muscles. Below is a step by step guide on how to carry out the exercise:
- Settle down on a comfortable mat with your legs width apart with the knees in a bent position. Ensure that the feet lie flat on the mat with the arms and knees on the side of the mat.
- Prepare yourself for motion by taking a breather and contracting the abdominal muscles while pressing the lower back into the mat.
- Breathe out while holding the abdominal muscles in a contracted manner and raise your hips off the mat. In case you feel the gluteal muscles contact then you are doing the exercise right. Do not strain too much since it will hurt your back.
- Take a breather as you slowly and gently lower your body down to the mat in the starting position. This video will guide you
5. Yoga exercises for wider hips
Yoga exercise help in the toning down of the body with focus on the lower body. It strengthens your muscles and attains the flexibility of the body. It also burns down the excess fats and calories in the body while improving the metabolism of the body. There are different great yoga poses to make hips wider naturally. You can make use of the following yoga poses to help add more muscles to your hip. These poses have been scientifically proven to help with the hip muscles.
6. Frog yoga poses exercises for getting wider hips
Get on all your fours. Ensure that the palms are on the floor and the knees are bent on the mat. Slowly and gently widen your knees until there is a development of a comfortable stretch in the inner thighs while keeping each side of the calf with the foot in contact with the mat. Ensure that the ankles are in line with the knees. Slowly get down on your forearms. Maintain the position for close to a minute. To increase the intensity of the exercise ensures that you lift your butt up. Click here for a video.
7. Chair poses for wider hips and smaller waist
According to the name of the pose, you have to position yourself in the form of a chair with both the hands raised upwards. This pose helps in toning the butt while simultaneously strengthening the glute muscles. Here is a quick tutorial:
- Stand in an upright position with both feet touching each other while slightly bending the knees.
- Drop your his gently while bringing the upper body weight into the legs while bending.
- Lift your arms upwards with both the palms touching each other as you look upwards.
- Maintain the position for close to 20 seconds as you relax.
- Combine this pose for two minutes in a day with other work outs that focuses on the glute muscles.
8. Triangle poses exercises for wider hips and flat stomach
It is the perfect exercises for working on the upper part of your body. It focuses on the toning the body while straightening the hips while inhaling with the back. The combination of all these muscles helps in the strengthening in the butt muscles. Here is a step by step guide of ho to execute the triangle pose:
- Stand in an upright manner with both the feet wide apart.
- Slowly move the left leg at a left angle with the right foot at a 15 degree angle.
- Bring the both legs to the center of the heels; ensure that the legs are firmly rooted in the ground.
- Breathe in deeply as you breathe out while ensuring that you bend the body to the left and the right hand facing straight upwards. The left hand should be on the mat adjacent to the right foot.
- Stretch your muscles to the maximum while maintaining the balance and posture of the body. Inhale and exhale in a chronological manner while performing the exercises. Repeat the exercise on the other side for at least two minutes in a day. Watch this out.
READ ALSO: Are Juliet Ibrahim's hips real or fake?
9. Exercises for wider hips after pregnancy
After childbirth, many mothers are always insecure about their figure. They are always open to jump on a routine to get that hot attractive body back. We have a proper workout plan for you which are safe and has been tested.
Kegels workout for wider hips
- While sitting on a bench, keep your shoulder-width apart with the hands on the hip. Contract your pelvic muscles imitating a process as if you are holding in a nature of call.
- Hold the kegel for a while and return back to the starting position.
- Proceed with the 1 to 3 steps for close to 2 minutes.
- Complicate it a bit with the back to the bench as you stand a foot in front of the bench seat as you bend the elbows to clasp hands in front of the chest.
- Lift the leg in a straight position in front of you which is a few inches off the ground as you bend the right knee to sit down for a moment as you perform the Kegel. Throughout the whole exercise ensure that you stand up immediately while releasing the kegel and pressing to the right leg to straighten it.
10. Floor bridges best exercises for wider hips
The exercise targets the hamstrings at the same time the butt muscles.
- While lying on your back keep your knees bent with the feet flat on the floor with the arms by the sides.
- Lift your butt slowly off the ground in order to flex the core while pressing the legs into the floor.
- Hold the position for close to three seconds as you return slowly and gently to the ground.
- Do the exercise for close to 3 sets each with 15 to 20 repetitions