The National security in Ghana is a tier of the government that deals in securing the Ghanaians from a range of various threats including cybercrimes, physical threats and even environmental threats that come in form natural disasters and calamities. This body is the mother of all security agencies in the country and undertakes the national security Ghana recruitment.
National security in Ghana can mainly be subdivided into:
- Ghana Police Service
- Ghana National Fire Service
- The Ghana Immigration Service
- The Ghana Prisons Service
These national security agencies have been conducting recruitments country wide. They open doors to the Ghana National Security jobs. You might have visited sites all over looking for information on how to apply and the requirements needed for each. Well, look no further as we shall be looking at each National Security agency recruitment for the year 2018 and what is needed of them. This piece will also be explaining how to join National Security in Ghana so read on!
Ghana Police Service
This is one of the major law enacting agencies in Ghana if not the main. It deals with over 20,000 police officers from +651 stations across the country. Based on previous recruitment exercises, we shall look at the requirements, qualifications and how to apply, since the 2018/2019 exercise is yet to begin. The general eligibility requirements include;
- At least 5 feet and 8 inches tall for the males and 5 feet and 4 inches tall for the females.
- Must be a Ghanaian citizen
- Should be older than 18 years and not more than 25 years
- Must be of splendid character
- The applicant should be free of any criminal records.
- For the academic qualifications put forward by the authorities, the applicant must possess a minimum of six credit passes at WASSCE including Mathematics and the English language.
Interested parties should apply online, in the following steps:
- One must first purchase an Electronic Voucher at 100 Ghc from various branches of the GCB Bank Ltd. Give your full name at the point of purchase. Of importance to note is that the service no longer sells forms.
- Log in into the official portal of the service at
- Click on the CONFIRM VOUCHER button and sign in.
- Create an en account with the email address you provided at the bank and enter the voucher Serial Number and PIN.
- After creating your account successfully, choose the category of your application wisely as it lead to your disqualification.
- Enter accurately your educational background(cheating is punishable)
- Upload a passport size photograph of yourself not more than 1 MB in the PNG or JPEG formats
- Read through to assure of accurate filling. You can review on the summary page.
- Complete your application by clicking the GENERATE DECISION button. Instant qualification or disqualification notices will appear with reasons as to why you are not qualified.
- In case of qualification, print the form and obtain a copy for keeping as it will be presented at the screening process.
- In case of disqualification, you can acquire a new Electronic Voucher and try again for another category.
Ghana National Fire Service
This agency has also seen the forefront in advertising its positions for the 2018/2019 recruitment year with them posting full requirement and qualification for all the posts required. For the general eligibility, the following qualities are needed:
- One MUST be a Ghanaian citizen through birth.
- Be physically and medically fit by Fire Service standards.
- Be not less than 18 years or more than 30 years by January 1 2018 for the Officer Corps.
- Have a clean criminal record with aspects of good character.
- Have a minimum height of 173cm for the males and 163cm for the females.
- Be not less than 18 years and not more than 35 years for Driver and Mechanic applicants and not more than 30 years for tradesmen by January 1 2018.
- For the academic and respective qualifications, in general the applicant s must have a minimum of a HND from an accredited university in their respective fields. For the Officer Corps, an additional experience of two years is required in their working fields.
The Ghana National Fire Service is applied through the following ways:
Purchase an Electronic Voucher from any GCB Bank Ltd countrywide at a cost of 50GHc.Note keenly that the service DOES NOT sell forms for recruitment.
- Visit the official service’s website to access the online form.
- After a thorough go through of the form, click the APPLY NOW button on your screen.
- Enter the Voucher Serial Number and Pin code and choose your type of qualification and SUBMIT.
- Enter all required detail and confirm before clicking on the NEXT button.
- Fill in your academic qualification and upload scanned copies of the:
- BECE Certificate
- WASSCE or TECHNICAL/VOCH Certificate.
- Check to confirm that all uploaded document are not more that 1 MB and that they are all in the PNG or JPEG file formats.
- PREVIEW to check whether all data is accurately filled before submitting.
- Press on the SUBMIT button and wait for an instant confirmation via SMS/Email that your application has been received.
- On receipt of this, print a copy of the form that will be checked at the screening point.
After this, all applicants will receive invitations to the various regional screening centres via SMS or Email after which due processes will be followed. Applicants are advised to use the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser to avoid complications that might arise with the forms.
The Ghana Immigration Service
The positions offered by this branch of the National Security Council Ghana are also immense but first have requirements and qualifications that act out as doors to filter only the best of the best into the service. However it is important to note that the forms are set to be released either at the first quarter of the year or the last quarter of the year 2018.The eligibility requirements are:
- MUST be a Ghanaian citizen by birth.
- Must be physically and medically fit by Para-military standards.
- Has no criminal record.
- mist not be bonded
- Must be above 18 years but not over 30 years by 31st December 2018
- Be of a height of 1.73 metres or more for males or 1.63 metres or more for females.
- For the academic qualifications, one must hold SSCE or the WASSCE Certificate with five credits including Mathematics and English Language.
The mode of application is quite simple:
- Visit the Ghana Immigration service recruitment portal
- Click on the apply now button and fill in the E voucher serial number and pin code and select your highest education level
- Select your preferred branch and fill in your education and Bio data
- Upload a passport sized 200 by 180 pixels before submission
- Print out a copy of the application summary report containing your ID number and other important details
- After successfully submitting the application, visit again before the closing date to print out the summary report using the card you bought.
Ghana Prisons Service
This National Security Agency of Ghana has also made open vacancies for their 2018/2019 recruitment for various post that include different requirements to get in. They are:
- The applicant must be of Ghanaian origin by birth.
- Have good character and zero criminal record and history
- Must be open for any prison training and any other form of training.
- Must be a fluent speaker and eligible writer of the English Language.
- Be physically and mentally fit by Prison Service standards.
- Must be of ages between 21 and 32 years by 31st May 2018 and 21 to 35 years of age by 31st May 2018, for artisans only.
- Not have been relieved of duties from the previous employer.
- Have a minimum height of 168cm for the males and 157cm for the females.
- Be registered with their appropriate professional bodies and hold valid Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- In addition to the General Eligibilities, one must possess a SSSCE or WASSCE with at least six credits and passes in Mathematics and English. For all the various posts, one must have completed at least a diploma in that field and registered with the respective professional bodies.
To apply, one must follow the following process:
- Obtain an Electronic Voucher from any GCB Bank Ltd countrywide for 50GHc.
- Give your full accurate name at the point of purchase of the voucher.
- Use your Serial Number and PIN (found on the voucher) to enter the official portal www.prisons.gov.gh.services and obtain the application form.
- Read thoroughly before applying and again after before submitting it.
- Keep well your UNIQUE number as it will help in obtaining summaries all throughout the process.
- The agency will get back to all applicants through E-mail and SMS only.
- For more information and updates applicants advised to regularly visit the Prison Service official website.
That is all the official information and correspond sites all applicant should be conversant with during this period of the National Security Ghana Recruitment 2018. It is important again to note that for the agencies yet to begin recruitment, the information is based on the past exercises and is meant to prepare you for the upcoming recruitment exercises.
The National Security Ghana Uniform will be given out to all successful trainees before the commence of the work. All applicants are cautioned by the Ministry of National Security Ghana to be aware of the middlemen who might try to extort money from them. They deny any form of involvement and they should be reported to the nearest police stations.
This is your prime chance to kill two birds with a single stone: serve your nation and earn while you are at it. Take it!
READ ALSO: Top 10 security companies in Ghana