On Tuesday, May 22, 2018, Ghanaians were hit with the news of the call for the arrest of top football administrator, Kwesi Nyantakyi.
The directive, which was allegedly issued by President Akufo-Addo, sparked a debate among a cross-section of Ghanaians.
The new development comes a few weeks before the announced date for the premier of a video titled ‘Number 12’, to be released by the Anas-led Tiger PI Investigative team.
READ ALSO: Kwasi Nyantakyi granted bail
Since then, numerous questions have filled the minds of Ghanaians. YEN.com.gh brings to you 5 important questions which need answers as soon as practical:
1. Why didn’t you wait till after June 6 before calling for his arrest?
2. Is he the only one caught engaging in fraudulent deals in the video?
3. Were either you or the Vice President aware of bribery and corruption at the Ghana Football Administration (GFA)?
4. Is this an attempt to divert attention from allegations of corruption against members of your government?
5. What measures would you recommend to the Ministry of Youth and Sports to help redeem the image of the GFA?
Inasmuch as the answers may not necessarily salvage the situation, they may shed light on issues pertaining to the state of GFA at the moment, and in that respect, create the opportunity for remedial measures to be implemented.
Renovation of Nana Addo’s GHc9.5m private residence:
Source: Yen Newspaper