Argentina close calls to winning in the 2014 FIFA World Cup tournament makes the players to have loads of pressure to lift the Trophy 2018. The forthcoming Word’s tournament will commence on June 14th and the 23-man Argentina World Cup squad 2018 list has been confirmed by their boss, Jorge Sampaoli. Their captain, Lionel Messi seems unstoppable as always and we are definitely sure that he and the rest of the team have quite improved their playing techniques. Read on the confirmed 23-man Argentina squad of 2018 World Cup together with the noticeable absentees.
Argentina squad for world cup
Here is what you need to know about the Argentinian team set to to represent the country at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Argentina world cup squad goalkeepers
Argentina World Cup Squad features one of the top goalkeepers such as Sergio Romero who plays for Manchester United; his fitness though alerts worries. Sergio suffered a serious injury on his right knee (that was during a friendly match against Spain).
The 2nd best Manchester united goalkeeper appearing in the Jorge’s sheet means his fit for the worlds tournament. Wilfredo Caballero a professional goalkeeper playing for Chelsea, is among the squad. Nahuel Guzman, a UANL’s club player is could afford to be left out. This is because his among the top-class Argentina goalkeepers having in mind his efforts during the FIFA 2014 finals. The River Plate professional footballer, Franco Armani is also a good option for the team
Argentina world cup squad defenders
The lucky best defenders from different national teams have been confirmed. They have a big role and they must be making efforts to work on their playing styles to emerge Argentina as the ‘World Champion’ team. Lionel Messi said that if they don’t win this season might be their last chance. Time is ticking and its time for the valuable defenders to make a difference.Blow are persons that qualified to final list of squad 2018.
- Gabriel Mercado, he plays for Sevilla club.
- Eduardo Salvio, an influential footballer for the Benfica club.
- Javier Mascherano, Hebei China Fortune player.
- Nicolas Otamendi, player for Manchester City.
- German Pezzella, a valuable Fiorentina playing that is packed with experience.
- Federica Fazio, he plays for Roma.
- Marcos Rojo , a Manchester United top player.
- Ramiro Funes Mori, could not afford to miss in this squad; he plays for Everton.
- Nicolas Tagliafico, the professional footballer plays for Ajax club.
- Marcos Acuna , a valuable Sporting Lisbon club player.
- Cristian Ansaldi , an influential Torino club player.
Argentina world cup squad mid-fielders
A few top Argentina football team midfielders that most football admirers predicted to be a watch out are missing. Here are the Argentina squad for World Cup midfielders.
- Manuel Lanzini, the professional footballer who plays as midfielder for the West Ham club.
- Ricardo Centurion, Racing club valuable player.
- Maximiliano Meza, Indepeniente player.
- Lucas Biglia, a professional striker for the Milan club.
- Guido Pizarro, a influencial talented player for the Sevilla club.
- Enzo Perez, a watch out player for River Plate with great playing style.
- Ever Banega, the Sevilla player improvement on his technical skills made him lucky to appear on this 2018 squad.
- Giovani Lo Celso, a valuable Paris Saint-Germain player.
- Leandro Paredes, a Zenit St Petersburg midfielder watch out his amazing playing tricks.
- Rodrigo Battaglia, Sporting Lisbon player that will surely represent the team well.
- Angel Di Maria, a Paris Saint-Germain club best player.
- Cristian Pavon, a 22-year old professional Boca Juniors player.
- Pablo Perez, a Boca Juniors valuable as well as talented player.
Argentina world cup squad forwards
The Argentina FIFA World Cup finals 2018 squad attackers are the best performing Lionel Messi of the Barcelona club being part of them. He is fully experienced having played the previous FIFA tournaments and together they form strong Argentina football attackers.
- Paulo Dybala, Juventus valuable player, he is also among the youngest in the club.
- Diego Perotti, Roma talented player.
- Lionel Messi, unstoppable captain for the Argentina team as well as Barcelona club.
- Sergio Aguero, Manchester City talented player.
- Gonzalo Higuain, a Juventus star.
- Lautaro Martinez , a Racing influential player.
- Mauro Icardi, Inter club player.
Argentina full squad World Cup 2018 players
The list clearly shows that among the 23-man squad, only 9 of them played in the FIFA 14 and this makes to feature an extreme number of world cup debuts. The 9 valuable players include Sergio Aguero, Lionel Messi, Marcos Rojo, Lucas Biglia, Angel Di Maria,Javier Mascherano, and Gonzalo Higuian. The other 14 players in that squad have never been part of any previous World’s tournament,
In spite, the average age statistics unsettling, we all know that the 2018 Argentina World Cup squad age gap is between 22 and 36; Willy Caballero for Chelsie club being the old. The youngest players at 22 years of age are Cristian Pavon as well as Giovani Lo Celso. The Juventus valuable professional footballer follows with his 24 years and the list goes on.
Argentina national football team notable absentees
A total of 12 players who had been selected among the 35 squad for Argentina players missed out, Mauro Icardi, one of the best co-top-scorer inclusive. What made him not to make it to the final squad is his 29 Seie A goals.
Sergio Romero who plays for Manchester United club was named in Argentina’s 23-man squad, was ruled out on Tuesday evening after suffering a joint blockage in his right knee.
Willy Caballero, Ricardo Centurion, as well as Lautaro Martinez were also left out even after being selected among the 23-man squad. Two players that some feel that the Argentina coach overlooked them are Matias Krevitter as well as Emiliano Rigoni; they play for Zenit. Other last minute left out players in the Argentina 2018 World Cup squad, include:
- Enzo Perez
- German Pezzella
- Diego Perotti
- Guido Pizarro
- Leandro Parades
- Rodrigo Battaglia
Argentina national team fixtures 2018
Argentina will play their first group game on the 16th of June against Iceland. On the 21st they will play their hardest group game, against the Croatians, and end their group stage on the 26th against Nigeria. Let us hope for the best and flock in Russia to support them. Argentina is one of the strongest teams in the world cup, with a long list of fanatics with very high hopes from them.
Yes, all the 2018 world cup teams dream on taking the trophy home, but Argentina close calls makes them more determined.
READ ALSO: FIFA World Cup 2018: Top 10 players to watch
Source: Yen Newspaper