YEN.com.gh reported the news of President Akufo-Addo ordering for the arrest of Kwesi Nyantakyi, the President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA).
Kwesi Nyantakyi was reported to have used Akufo-Addo’s name to defraud investors under false pretenses.
Akufo-Addo ordered for Nyantakyi's arrest after he reportedly watched the latest investigative video of Anas Aremeyaw Anas, titled 'Number 12'.
However, Kwesi Nyantakyi was out of Ghana at the time his arrest was issued.
Upon arrival from Morocco, the GFA President was reportedly led by the CID to the Police Headquarters in Accra, where he was to assist in investigations concerning the issues raised about him in the video.
The first name reportedly mentioned by Nyantakyi while with the police was Kennedy Agyapong.
According to reports, Kwesi Nyantakyi named Kennedy Agyapong as his “link” in government in all his ‘shady’ deals as uncovered in Anas’ 'Number 12' video.
Since his name was mentioned, Kennedy Agyapong has not responded to that accusation directly, but made subtle comments which seems to be threats to Anas.
Here, YEN.com.gh brings you five of Kennedy Agaypong’s hot comments which could mean that he has something to hide, and that the possibility of him being found guilty after the video is premiered on the scheduled date, June 6, 2018, is high.
1. Anas’ video must be banned: Kennedy Agyapong has urged the security agencies to ban Anas’ video so that it would not be screened for the public to see what it really contains.
No one understands why Kennedy Agyapong would make such a comments against an investigative work which seeks to exposè corruption in Ghana. Kennedy Agyapong’s comments have led people to believe that he has something to hide in this whole Anas-GFA saga.
2. Anas doesn’t have the right: Kennedy Agaypong has emphatically stated that Anas does not have the right to go under cover with his latest exposè on the GFA. According to him, Anas’ move could amount to breach of privacy. He made this comment following his earlier appeal to the security agencies that Anas’ video should be banned.
3. The video could put the NPP government in trouble: The outspoken NPP MP has also said that the 'Number 12' video, could put the NPP government in trouble. According to him, the fraudulent acts Nyantakyi was caught dealing in in the video using Akufo-Addo’s name, and the names of other government appointees could put the NPP in serious trouble.
4. Akufo-Addo’s hotel room number: Kennedy Agyapong is also alleged to have said that Nyantakyi gave out Akufo-Addo’s hotel room number to investors when they had once traveled to Dubai. It is believed that if Kennedy Agyapong knows about this, then he would also know about other “secrets” of Kwesi Nyantakyi.
5. Anas would soon enter bedrooms: Upon all his reasons to have Anas stopped from showing his latest investigative piece, Kennedy Agyapong believes Anas would soon enter into people’s bedrooms which could be dangerous. To him, stopping the investigative journalist from going ahead to show the content of the video is the best way to go.
Ghana Trends: Joy FM blasted over Royal Wedding, Mahama plans comeback in 2020 | Yen.com.gh
Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish on YEN.com.gh? Please contact us on Facebook now!