- Vice president, Bawumia, has thrown his support behind Anas Aremeyaw Anas
- The vice president has encouraged Anas to do more of such corruption videos
- Bawumia's statement debunks several allegations that government wants to sabotage the journalist
For those of us who feel the NPP administration is plotting to sabotage investigative journalist, we may have to think again because the vice president has made know his firm support for the journalist.
Bawumia in a pre-video shoot ahead of the premiering of the investigative piece, 'Number 12' expressed his support for the journalist stating it was revealing the dark activities happening in the country.
So far, the investigative journalist has suffered stiff opposition from some high-powered politicians who feel Anas Aremeyaw Anas is using illegal means to extract information from his targets.
In fact, member of parliament for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong, has argued that Anas is using entrapment tactics to get information from his targets. But the vice president has spoken and we may draw some conclusions from it.
Based on Bawumia's assertion, it could be concluded that:
1. Anas Aremeyaw Anas may have the power from the corridors of power to embark on these investigations.
2. Anas Aremeyaw Anas has caused no confusion at the seat of the presidency.
3. There are no plans by the government to sabotage Anas Aremeyaw Anas as being circulated.
4. Claims that government is sponsoring Kennedy Agyapong to expose Anas could be displaced.
5. Based on the " I will encourage Anas to do more" comment by the vice president, it could be gathered that the premiering of 'Number 12' will go on by all means.
6. Anas Aremeyaw Anas truly won the admiration of government with his 'Number 12' investigative piece.
The 'Number 12' investigative piece which airs on June 6th, will reveal to Ghanaians how serious corruption practices at the Ghana Football Association (GFA) has been.
So far, the president has watched what many say to be a 5-minute portion of the entire video hence calling for the immediate arrest of the GFA president, Kwesi Nyantakyi.
Ghana Trends: Rawlings Official Apologizes to Mahama and Kufuor | Yen.com.gh