- The content of the video by Anas has shown officials of the GFA taking huge bribes to fix matches
- Nyantakyi was seen taking a bribe in dollars as he made comments about some powerful forces in the NPP
- Sanni Darrah was also seen taking a bribe to influence a Hearts-Kotoko match
The explosive video on the corrupt activities within the Ghana Football Association (GFA) has left so many Ghanaians shocked to the core.
The video, watched under heavy security at the Accra International Conference Centre, has uncovered heavy revelations. Here are some updates we know so far:
1. Public relations officer of the GFA, Sanni Darrah was seen taking a 4000 cedi bribe to fix a player in the Black Stars.
2. Kwasi Nyantakyi says he "knows for a fact" that President Akufo Addo sold his properties to win the elections so his family is very broke. "His brothers are always asking for money, therefore, the $5m bribe will ease the burden". To this, he demanded 5 million dollars to let investors through.
3. Nyantaki reveals that "They (NPP) wanted to make ken a minister but he says he does not have the discipline to. So they gave him the roads ministry and he put somebody there...he's called Asiamah. He is very powerful."
4. Nyantakyi has revealed that "Kennedy Agyapong is loud, very undisciplined to be a minister but has too much money."
Hundreds of Ghanaians eager to feed their eyes with the Anas corruption video have thronged to the Accra International Conference Center with their tickets to watch the video.
As it stands now, the Accra International Conference is full with a huge crowd outside being denied entry despite efforts to show their tickets.
YEN.com.gh is gathering that there have some security hitches as officials failed to check the time on the tickets.
What this means is that those with 7 and 10 PM tickets are currently seated watching the video as those with 5 PM tickets left stranded at the entrance.
Investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas, appeared at the Accra International Conference Center (AICC) where his video on the corrupt practices in Ghana football will be shown.
Security is tight at the venue with high-tech scanners and heavy presence of the police deployed to ensure safety.
So far, The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has made some changes at its top hierarchy following an emergency meeting. To this end, the head of the MTN FA Cup committee, Kurt Okraku, has been appointed as the new vice president of the GFA.
It is not clear what might have triggered this decision by the football association but there are suspicions this could be a timely reaction to the premiering of the investigative piece by Anas Aremeyaw Anas of Tiger Eye PI.
Anas Aremeyaw Anas has been respected as the most feared investigative journalist in Africa. Having used deep investigative skills to uncover grave cases of corruption in Ghana and across the African continent.
There is no denying the fact that so many people want to clear Anas off their path. He is an investigative journalist and would do everything possible to get in his way and if possible annihilate him. It is for this reason that Anas would always have to watch his steps just so he does not risk losing everything he spent years building.
Ghana Trends: How Anas Aremeyaw Anas Сaused a Stir With Latest Investigation | Yen.com.gh
Want to be featured on YEN.com.gh? Send us a message on our Facebook page or on Instagram with your stories, photos or videos.