On Wednesday, June 6, 2018, an explosive investigative video by Anas Aremayaw Anas, dubbed "No. 12", confirmed what many Ghanaians had long suspected: There is massive corruption in Ghana football and Ghana sports in general.
The video, premiered by Anas at the Conference Centre in Accra, involved over 120 sports personalities who had engaged in one form of corruption or another.
Over 100 referees and match commissioners were caught receiving bribes to influence one match or another.
YEN.com.gh brings you a breakdown of the top GFA personalities indicted in the corruption investigation.
1. Kwesi Nyantakyi, GFA president
Nyantakyi was caught on video attempting to negotiate 25 per cent of sponsorship money for the premier league for himself. He also spoke of colluding with some government officials to bribe President Akufo-Addo, vice-president Bawumia and other state officials to secure lucrative government contracts.
2. Sannie Daara, GFA communications director
Sanni Daara was caught on camera, directing undercover investigators posing as football agents to give GHc4000 to his aide as "appreciation" for recommending a Hearts of Oak player for invitation to the national team.
3. Kofi Manu, vice-chairman of the Player Status Committee of the GFA
Kofi Manu was caught receiving money to influence player selection to the national team.
4. Leanier Addy, match commissioner, GFA executive committee member,
Leanier Addy received a bribe to influence a premier league match, abusing her position as match commissioner.
5. Umar Teni, member of GFA referees appointment committee : He took bribes to influence referee selections.
6. M.N Mohammed, match commissioner: He took bribes to influence the outcome of a local football match.
7. Thomas Numoo, member referees appointment committee: He took bribes to influence referee selections and outcome of matches.
8. Joseph Wellington, vice-chairman referees appointment committee:
He was captured taking bribes to influence referee selections.
9. Mr Annor, member refereee's review committee: He was captured receiving bribes to influence matches.
10. Abdulai Alhassan - GFA chairman, Northern Region.
A right-hand man of Nyantakyi, Abdulai was caught scheming with the GFA president to pocket 25% of GFA sponsorship deals. He was also in on Nyantakyi's plan to bribe top government officials in exchange for lucrative government contracts.
11. A.A Lawal, GFA chairman, Eastern Region: He was caught in attempts to illegally influence matches
12. Eddie Doku, GFA Chairman, Greater Accra.
He was seen on video collecting money allegedly to manipulate playing time for a Hearts of Oak player.
The explosive Anas football corruption video has stunned the nation and prompted calls for the GFA president to resign and the association disbanded and rebuilt.
Share your views on this with us in the comments section below.