“You are the best in the world, father.” How many of you have ever said this to your father till today? Over the years, we grow up; and in that process we see and learn a lot of things. We see our mother taking care of the entire house, while our father works hard to keep the family sustained and happy. We usually don’t have a lot of conversations with our father because of their busy schedule. It is through this that we miss the opportunity to tell them how much we love them, and that they mean the world to us. Of course, that is not the case with everyone, and you might actually have a cool, friendly relation with him. Either way, our fathers are who we look up to, or we learn the more serious ways of life from. A particular day has been set for the whole world to show them our love and appreciation and tell them what we might not say every day. It is for that very reason that Yen.com.gh proudly brings you the very best of happy father’s day quotes. Celebrate this day with your parents and let your father know he can count on you.
READ ALSO: Anas Aremeyaw Anas real face photos
Father’s day in Ghana
We celebrate father’s day all over the world to honor the efforts and contributions made by all fathers and father figures to our lives; from our childhood till now. Even though this day is commemorated on various dates globally, a lot of nations celebrate father’s day on the third Sunday of the month of June. Ghana observes father’s day with as much appreciation and excitement as other countries. We love our fathers and appreciate them for all the love and care they have given us, and this day remains incomplete without father’s day wishes.
If you are asking “When is father’s day?” this year’s father’s day in our country is going to be commemorated on 17th June. The time is almost here. Have you started packing your surprises and ordering all the necessary items for that day? Alright, some of you have and some are still deciding what to do and how to make the auspicious day even better. I would say, all your efforts are no doubt, going to be cherished by him; but do you have anything in mind that you would want to tell him? I believe words can be the best way to express your emotions rather than only presents. I would want to help make this event even better by showing you lists of different types of father’s day quotes and sayings. Below are some of my hand-picked collections of words that you might love to share with him.
Let us start with a few happy father’s day sayings
- “A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely.” – Emile Gaboriau
- “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Antoine Francois Prevost
- “I only hope when I have my own family that every day I see a little more of my father in me.” – Keith Urban
- “One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” – George Herbert
- “On behalf of every man looking out for every girl, you are the God and the weight of her world.” – John Mayer
- “When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.” – Jewish proverb
- “He adopted a role called being a father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a protector.” – Tom Wolfe
- “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” – Linda Poindexter
- “Fathers are angels sent from heaven.” - Anonymous
- “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” – Billy Graham
- “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by the little scraps of wisdom.” – Umberto Eco
- “I love my father as the stars – he’s a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart.” – Terri Guillemets
- “To a father growing old, nothing is dearer than a daughter.” – Euripides
- “I’ve had a hard life, but my hardships are nothing against the hardships that my father went through in order to get me where I started.” – Bartrand Hubbard
- It’s only when you grow up and step back from him–or leave him for your own home–it’s only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it. - Margaret Truman
- “Dad, wherever you are, you are gone but you will never be forgotten.” – Conrad Hall
These sayings on Father’s Day are from the heart and most of these come from some really famous personalities. I believe your father is going to feel really good when you wish him.
READ ALSO: Ghanaian holidays calendar 2018
Cool happy father’s day quotes
The stereotype feeling that quotes on such an occasion only need to be on a serious note is cracked with such quotes on happy Father’s Day. See for yourself.
- “Fatherhood is great because you can ruin someone from scratch.” – Jon Stewart
- “Me and my dad used to play tag. He’d drive” – Rodney Dangerfield
- My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, “You’re tearing up the grass". Immediately dad would reply, "We’re not raising grass, we’re raising our boys.” – Harmon Killebrew
- “Four-year-old: Tell me a scary story! Me: One time little people popped out of your mom, and they never stopped asking questions. Four-year-old: Why?” – James Breakwell
- "When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry." – Yiddish proverb
Happy Father’s day long quotes
- “On the perfect Father’s Day. There would be just Dad, wearing his oldest surviving undershorts, free of pressure, maybe just sitting in front of the TV, watching the NBA finals. There would be no conversation, other than Dad periodically observing that these players today could carry the ball across Montana and never get called for traveling. Of course, that’s not all. You’d also make a restaurant reservation, and at the end of the day, you’d dress up and go out and have a nice dinner, during which you’d propose a toast to Dad. Who would be back home, in front of the TV, happily asleep in his veteran underwear.” – Dave Barry
- “Father’s Day is important because, besides being the day on which we honor dad, it’s the one day of the year that Brookstone does any business.” – Jimmy Fallon
- "When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant; I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” – Mark Twain
- “I think that my strong determination for justice comes from the very strong, dynamic personality of my father. I have rarely ever met a person more fearless and courageous than my father. The thing that I admire most about my dad is his genuine Christian character. He is a man of real integrity, deeply committed to moral and ethical principles. He is conscientious in all of his undertakings. If I had a problem I could always call Daddy.” – Harmon Killebrew
Are these not some really good long quotes? One of these could make a really nice spot on your card or present; or your own tongue as you tell him how you feel through these quotes.
Happy father’s day quotes from wives
- "The best thing having you as my Husband is our children having you as their DADDY!"
- "One day is not enough to honor how special of a father you truly are because you are amazing every day of the year. Thank you for all that you do. I love you!"
- "I ADMIRE YOU, I wake up each morning with a handsome man next to me the one I cherish, I also admire you for being a terrific father."
- "Life has given us a wonderful family, a happy home, and love for each other. Most importantly, it has given us each other. I am so grateful to have you as my husband. Happy Father's Day."
- "You have given our children someone to look up to and admire. You are such a fantastic father. I love you. Happy fathers’ day."
- "Happy Father’s Day to the man of my heart, the father of our children, the love of my life. I love our family and I love you!"
- "Happy Father’s Day to the man of my heart, the father of our children, the love of my life."
- "You give our children someone to admire, respect, and honor. You are a fantastic dad. Happy Father’s Day to my loving husband!"
- "We’re a family and we’re totally cool! Happy Father’s Day!"
- "I’m so grateful to be sharing life, love, and parenthood with a wonderful man like you."
- "Seeing what a great dad you only make me love you more."
- "You are so full of compassion, love, and strength. When we need a strong hand of support in our family, you are always there. I love you for being who you are and for all that you do. Happy Father’s Day to a wonderful husband and father."
One of your friends might just happen to say to you, "Hey, can you help me with some nice happy father's day sayings my husband would love? I'm out of ideas. That is when you suggest to her some of the fine sayings and quotes you have come across in this article.
If you are a lovely wife and you want to tell him how much he means to you and your children, the above mentioned father’s day sayings from wife are for you.
Nice father's day SMS
- "I pray to be a good servant to God, a father, a husband, a son, a friend, a brother, an uncle, a good neighbor, a good leader to those who look up to me, a good follower to those who are serving God and doing the right thing." – Mark Wahlberg
- "I can definitely say the older I’ve got the better I’ve become at being a dad and a husband." – Rod Stewart
- "By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong." – Charles Wadsworth
- "My dad’s not here, but he’s watching in heaven." – Bubba Watson
- "A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again." – Enid Bagnold
- "Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad. – Anne Geddes
- "When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry." – William Shakespeare
- "He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." – Clarence Budington Kelland
I’m hoping these are some great wishes that you can use as Father’s day message for the man who has held the family strong. Let him know he is special. You can also use these quotes on the father’s day cards that you might have prepared. It works both ways.
I could go ahead and describe to you some of the quotes and what they actually mean. But ask yourself and you will know that this would mean burying your own emotions and memorizing the feelings of someone else. I know you are well prepared with all these wishes and sayings and you are going to light up this beautiful day with your love and appreciation. We, at Yen.com.gh wish you a very Happy Father’s Day.