- The executive council of the defunct GFA has outlined new reforms to the association
- One of the resolutions is to meet government over the election of a new GFA president
- All GFA officials seen in the Anas video have also been referred to the police commissioner, DCOP Kofi Boakye
Days after the resignation of Kwesi Nyantakyi from the Ghana Football Association (GFA), the executive committee of the dissolved GFA has come out with some new resolutions on the next way out for Ghana football.
In the 8 point resolution, the council agreed to terminate the contract of all officials implicated in the Number 12 video by Anas Aremeyaw Anas.
The council also laid out a roadmap for the selection of a new president that will steer the affairs of the football association. Here is the full list of plans the GFA executive committee has agreed on.
1. The officials of the GFA that were seen taking bribes in the Anas video will be forced to resign from their positions with immediate effect.
2. The Police commissioner, Kofi Boakye, has been tasked to take care of all GFA officials implicated in the Anas video
3. The GFA shall not interfere in the works of the ethics committee and shall embrace any decision that the ethics committee may come out with.
4. So far, the referees' appointment committee has been dissolved.
5. All the competitions of the GFA including local leagues have temporarily been put on hold.
6. A five-member team comprising of Messrs Kweku Eyiah (Leader), Benjamin Nab Eyison, Kurt Okraku (Spokesperson), Isaac Addo and Samuel Opoku Nti has been tasked to meet Government for a resolution of the current impasse as well as draw up a program for lasting reforms.
7. The GFA shall soon come out with a roadmap for the elections of a substantive president in accordance with its statutes.
8. The GFA has assured the general public that it shall take all legitimate steps to restore confidence and trust in the beautiful game of football.
Remember that the president has dissolved the Ghana Football Association (GFA). This happened 24 hours after the premiering of the explosive video by the investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas.
The Ghana police service has also cordoned off the entire GFA building as it has termed the place 'a crime scene'. Kwesi Nyantakyi is bound to be thrown in prison based on such drastic action by the president.
From the look of things, the presidency is terrible mad about the stench of corruption at the football association and thinks the best way to uproot this rot is by collapsing the entire association.
Ghana Trends: How Anas Aremeyaw Anas Сaused a Stir With Latest Investigation | Yen.com.gh: