Ghanaian ‘Highest’ rapper Sarkodie has finally married his long-time girlfriend, Tracey Sarkcess.
The marriage ceremony reportedly took place on Tuesday, July 17, 2018, at Tracey’s family house at Tema Community 8.
Barely a week to the wedding, a photo the invitation card leaked online, but the date for the ceremony was concealed and it was only the venue and names of the couple that were visible.
It was an open secret that Sarkodie was hiding his wedding from Ghanaians, or better still he wanted to have a secret wedding.
Nobody could have challenged him on his decision, however, many people have wondered why Sarkodie would still keep his wedding photos a secret after having a successfully secret wedding.
YEN.com.gh has been scouting around for possible reasons why Sarkodie might have done this, and we found six of these reasons.
1. Money to feed more mouths: Sarkodie has long been rumoured to be very stingy. He has been said to be very frugal when it comes to spending. Therefore some people YEN spoke with concluded that it is his frugality nature that made him hide his wedding.
Perhaps, he did not want to spend too much money on food and drinks if he should invite more people or open up his wedding to Ghanaians or the whole world. It has been alleged that his hit song ‘Hand to mouth’ which advises people to prioritize saving, was actually his real life story.
2. Underground girlfriends: Sarkodie and Tracey have been dating well over twelve years and everyone knows this. However, it is being alleged that Sarkodie might have some girlfriends who would dare to mar his wedding when he makes it public. Hence, the secret wedding and hidden wedding photos.
3. Low-profile wedding: Having a low profile wedding where only families from both sides are present is no sin. But why then again why would the wedding pictures be kept as a secret even after a successful secret marriage ceremony?
4. Privacy: Others have argued that Sarkodie wanted to enjoy his privacy and so kept the wedding a secret. But this argument cannot hold because Sarkodie is a huge public figure with many fans and followers both in Ghana and on the international scene so what privacy again does he want? In fact, one man who spoke with YEN.com.gh rightly said that Sarkodie can best enjoy his privacy only in his bedroom, not with the media or in the public domain.
5. Professional photographers: After the wedding, poor-quality photos of Sarkodie and his wife have been released by unidentified persons. Once again, it is being wondered if Sarkodie did not employ the services of professional photographers. However, this is likely not to be true because ceremonies like weddings are best captured in photos for lasting memories.
6. Above all, Sarkodie should have known better that there is no way his wedding pictures could forever be kept a secret even though he was able to keep the wedding itself a secret. No matter how long it takes, the pictures would be leaked someway somehow, therefore, it was totally unnecessary for him to have hidden them.
READ ALSO: Fans criticise Becca’s look in new photo
Interestingly, YEN.com.gh reported the story of one of Sarkodie’s own friends, Mix Master Garzy, who believes Sarkodie is to blame for the leaked of his poor-quality photos.
He was of the view that if Sarkodie had released the wedding photos himself, whoever is behind the leak of the ‘quack’ photos would not have done so.
As at now, those photos have gone viral on the internet, leaving many people disappointed in the ‘Highest’ rapper.
Yenkasa: How Bad is the Healthcare in Ghana? | Yen.com.gh
READ ALSO: Funny Face involved in near-fatal accident
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page