Jose Mourinho to sign two new players this summer to complete squad

Jose Mourinho to sign two new players this summer to complete squad

- Jose Mourinho is looking forward to bring in two new players at Manchester United before the start of the new campaign

- The Red Devils are likely be without 12 senior squad members during their fixture against Leicester

- The Premier League side have already signed Brazil midfielder Fred and Portugal right-back Diogo Dalot

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho says he needs two new players to complete the Red Devils squad going into the new campaign.

According to a UK Sun report citing ESPN sources, the Portuguese manager is eager to beef up his side before the end of the ongoing transfer season which is just over 14 days.

Already, the Red Devils will likely be without 12 senior squad members during their fixture against Leicester, Mourinho knows he has to head back to the market.

Jose Mourinho keen on signing 2 new players this summer to complete squad

Jose Mourinho keen on signing 2 new players this summer to complete squad. Photo Credit: Getty Images.

READ ALSO: Mourinho wants his players to return but Pogba throws party in LA

At the last count, the former Chelsea boss brought in midfield maestro Fred for £52million from Shakhtar Donestk, with the Red Devils also signing Portugal right-back Diogo Dalot from Porto for £19m.

The Old Trafford dwellers also sealed a deal for ngoalkeeper Lee Grant from Stoke to provide added competition for Spanish goalkeeper David De Gea.

However, the Portuguese isn't too optimistic of new signings at Old Trafford, he told ESPN: "One thing is what I would like. Another thing is what is going to happen."

And when asked further about how many players he needs to bring to Manchester United, he added: "I would get two more players."

The ex-Los Blancos manager has hinted he won't be eyeing a right-back, despite Antonio Valencia calf injury after just seven minutes against San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday.

On the other hand, Matteo Darmian is reportedly being courted by the duo of Juventus and Napoli.

"I don't think he will be available to play any one of the three matches of the International Champions Cup.

"It's not a moment to take any risks. Antonio is a player that's not a young boy anymore. We have to take care of him and to try to have him ready for the start of the season.

"We bought a fantastic player (Diogo Dalot). Young, 19 years old, but I think probably the best right-back at that age in European football.

"But he had a surgery last May and is recovering for that, so one more reason to take care of Antonio,” the 55-year-old Mourinho was quoted as saying about his recuperating skipper.

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously had reported that Manchester United Portuguese boss Jose Mourinho is willing to allow grumbling French forward Anthony Martial leave the Old Trafford outfit.

According to a UK Sun report, the Red Devils boss is tired of Martial and his agent’s persistent request for a switch away from the Premier League side.

Credit: Naij.com

Source: Yen.com.gh

Related news
Manchester City star Raheem Sterling drives flashy motors worth over £1 million

Manchester City star Raheem Sterling drives flashy motors worth over £1 million

Manchester City star Raheem Sterling drives flashy motors worth over £1 million
YEN.com.gh
Mailfire view pixel