Ghanaians adore their celebrities so much, especially those in the entertainment field.
They don’t joke with them, and to a large extent, they idolize them with some Ghanaians trying to behave just like them or copy their style.
Interestingly, there are some celebrities who seem loved by their fans and followers that no matter what they do – whether good or bad – they still have massive following.
Some of these celebrities keep low profile and do their best to stay out the news unlike those who seems to be ‘all over’ and are constantly in the news.
YEN.com.gh brings you the list of 11 celebrities – both males and females – in no particular order who according to a YEN.com.gh’s survey, have been mentioned by most people as the most loved.
1. Nana Ama McBrown: Nana Ama McBrown is undoubtedly a lovable person. She has a large following on social media. This is someone who posts a photo on Instagram and can garner over two thousand likes in less than thirty minutes, as if her fans were just waiting for her to drop a photo. Nana Ama McBrown is a versatile entertainer. She features in both English and Twi- speaking movies and this makes her stand tall among her contemporaries.
She also has a deep sense of humour which attracts many people to her. According to an earlier report, Nana Ama McBrown revealed that she cannot even boast of a BECE certificate because her parents couldn’t afford her education back in the day. However, no one would know this if not told because her command over the English language is impeccable. Nana Ama McBrown is married happily to Mr. Maxwell Mawu Mensah, and everything points to the fact that they are enjoying a happy married life.
2. John Dumelo: John is also a loveable person and in fact, the crush of most Ghanaian ladies. Aside his handsomeness, John Dumelo’s attitude and charisma has also won him a lot of admirers and followers. He is currently rated among the top five Ghanaians celebrities with a large following on social media. On Instagram alone, John Dumelo has over 2.3 million followers. He has acted in a lot of movies both here in Ghana and in Nigeria.
John Dumelo in May got married to his heartthrob Gifty Mawunya at a star-studded wedding. The many people who attended the wedding and the kind words said about them show that John Dumelo is indeed loved by Ghanaians.
3. Nana Aba Anamoah: The ever eloquent and beautiful television presenter is also in the hearts of many. Nana Aba is currently the reigning Radio and Television Personality following the 2017 RTP Awards. Ghanaians would not forget her infamous and unfair treatment from her former employers TV3 which eventually led to her resigning from there. She was caught up in a photoshop scandal which according to TV3, was unprofessional. She was taken off air for sometime and unable to bear it anymore, Nana Aba Anamoah resigned.
She later joined the EIB Network and is currently doing wonders there. She championed the fight against Tramadol abuse with her ‘State of Affairs’ show on GhOne TV. Nana Aba is also the head of news at GhOne and everything points to the fact that she is doing really well at her job.
4. Shatta Wale: He calls himself ‘Champion’ and his fans believe he is indeed a champion in his game of Dancehall music. Despite the fact that Shatta Wale has often been in the news for mostly negative reasons, his fans and followers have remained loyal to him. Information gathered by YEN.com.gh from his camp has it that Shatta Wale spends a lot of money on his close followers especially after he performs at a show.
Shatta Wale is also the only musician on record to have gifted brand new cars to two of his followers. In 2017 alone, he released over hundred songs, such an enviable record! Unlike other celebrities, Shatta Wale relates well even with the ‘less- revered’ people in the society. Yes, people from Nima and Korle-Gonno. No wonder he also calls himself the ‘Korle Gonno Ninja’. Indeed, these and many other reasons are why Ghanaians can never forget Shatta Wale now or in a long time to come.
5. Sarkodie: Born Michael Owusu Addo, Sarkodie is also the favourite of many Ghanaians. His success in the music industry cannot be left out when Sarkodei is being talked about. Having released his debut hit song ‘Baby’ in 2009, Sakordie can now boast of uncountable number of songs which are all hits upon hits.
He was in the news recently following his beautiful wedding but not without issues. Their wedding cake which miraculously appeared in the ceiling has many people admiring it. But a lady who claims she was the brain behind that wedding cake concept blasted the makers of Sakordie’s cake for stealing his concept and implementing it for the celebrity couple. Sarkodie finally married his long-time girlfriend and baby mama, Tracy Sarkcess, after reportedly dating for thirteen years.
READ ALSO: Becca set to wed her man in November
6. Yvonne Okoro: The beautiful and voluptuous actress has not been in the news in recent times but still she was mentioned as one of Ghanaians most loved and respected actress. For some of the people YEN.com.gh spoke with, especially the men, her beauty, features, and personality is what drives them ‘crazy’ about her. Yvonne Okoro has featured in many movies both in Ghana and Nigeria. She was in the news recently following Counsellor Lutterodt’s advice to her that she should marry before it’s too late for her because she is growing old.
7. Moesha Boduong: Moesha shot to deep popularity following her interview with the CNN which landed her in trouble. Moesha had said in that interview that she depends on another woman’s husband to make ends meet because Ghana’s economy is too hard for her to make a living on her own. She added that Ghanaian women all depend on men for survival. But she was severely criticized for her views and later Moesha had to apologize.
Aside from that, she has also ‘killed’ her fans and followers with wild photos and they can’t stop admiring her. Moesha has also been in the news for allegedly having a liposuction which has given her the curvaceous body she carries around now. Others have said she is deformed following a photo which went viral because she was accused of supporting her hip with her hand in order to stop it from falling.
8. E.L: Born Elorm Adabla, E.L has also written his name deep in the hearts of Ghanaians. Most of his releases are all hits songs. E.L has often been out of the news. He was recently in the news for saying that anyone who hates on Shatta Wale obviously shoots himself in the foot. E.L has also been rumoured to be dating TV presenter Berla Mundi. Though they have not confirmed or deny the rumours, photos of them together show that something is brewing between them.
9. Akrobeto: The who ‘nose’ tomorrow actor is indeed loved by both young and old alike. He is funny and could pass for a professional comedian. Born Akwasi Boadi, Akrobeto is noted for his many featuring in the Twi-speaking movies popularly called Kumawood. He also reads the ‘real news with Akrobeto’ on Accra-based UTV. Most people YEN.com.gh spoke with confessed that Akrobeto’s news readings helps to relieve them of stress and so they like him very much. Not much is known about his private life with respect to his wife and children, but considering his age, it is believed that Akrobeto has raised a family.
10. Ebony Reigns: The late Ebony Reigns was deeply loved though she lived in the music industry just for a short time – three years. Though she was often described as a bad girl Ebony was loved for her talent, her voice, and her hard work. She also proudly called herself ‘Original 90sbadgyal’. Ebony was noted for hit songs such as ‘Maame Hw3’, ‘Hustle’, ‘Sponsor’, and others. She met her untimely death on February 8, 2018, on the Kumasi-Accra Highway when she was reportedly returning from Accra after she had visited her mother in the Brong Ahafo Region.
READ ALSO: The 4 richest kings in Ghana
11. Patapaa: Others also mentioned the ‘One Corner’ hitmaker as their favourite celebrity. Some of them explained that Patapaa is amusing and that makes them laugh much and forget their stress. Patapaa is known for his hit song ‘One Corner’ which took Ghana and other parts of Africa by storm. He has also been featured by other musicians including Article Wan on their song ‘That thing’.
Most of the celebrities listed above are loved also for their fashion sense, calmness, and their personalities.
YEN.com.gh wishes them all the best in their endeavours.
Ghana News 2018: John Mahama’s Salary - Why Everyone Discusses It Now? | Yen.com.gh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page