Knutsford University College continues to thrive due to the growing demand for higher education. Education is one of the sectors that the Government of Ghana has put emphasis on. Several colleges and universities have been set up and chartered. The government is putting in all these efforts to ensure that everyone gains access to education which will in turn cut down the levels of illiteracy. If you are looking forward to enrolling for your undergraduate or graduate studies, you should consider being part of Knutsford University College. This article is intended to be a guide on the courses offered at the college as well as the fees charged.
Knutsford University College, commonly referred to as the royal university of Africa, is a private university which is affiliated to the University of Ghana. The University was established in 2005 by a team of entrepreneurs under the leadership of Mr. John Kwamena Essel. The University was granted accreditation in 2008 and in 2011 was made an affiliate of the University of Ghana.
Knutsford University College location
For an international student who might wonder about Knutsford University College's location, this is the answer to your worries. The University has two campuses, one in Accra and the second campus in Kumasi, Knutsford University college Kumasi campus. The Accra campus is located at East Legon, near the Mensvic Grand Hotel. The Kumasi campus, on the other hand, is located at Bomso, Kumasi near the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
Knutsford University College operates under a set number of goals and objectives. Some of the objectives that Knutsford University College aims at achieving include;
- Develop first-class human resources relevant for national and global development.
- Help increase access to higher education for a growing number of qualified students all over the world, especially, in Africa.
- Provide a world-class university education to students seeking international education outside Africa.
- Train moral and ethical leaders who will use their knowledge responsibly for the advancement of the society.
- Develop students’ innovative and entrepreneurship skills needed for sound integration into the society.
- Advance the frontiers of research and disseminate it for development.
Apart from the objectives, like any organization, Knutsford University College also has a vision and mission that it wishes to accomplish;
To become one of the world’s best universities in Africa, where students are well groomed, transformed and inspired to lead and serve distinctively in any part of the world with creative excellence, entrepreneurial mind and godly character.
To educate, inspire and produce first-class human and material resources relevant for personal, national and global well-being and development through quality teaching, experiential learning, and ethical research
From the goals and objectives of Knutsford University college, it is evident that the institution is after ensuring that it moulds its students into all-round citizens, both physically and mentally. It also aims at ensuring that the students come out of the university competent enough to tackle the employment world with brevity.
Courses offered at Knutsford University College
Knutsford University College is a diverse and well equipped University that offers both undergraduate, graduate and professional studies for a number of courses. The courses offered at Knutsford University College range from science and technology courses, to business to humanities and education courses. Courses offered at Knutsford University College have been categorically grouped into schools. These are Knutsford University College programmes as per their schools;
School of business
The school of business at Knutsford University College offers both undergraduate and graduate programmes. Under the School of business, the courses offered include:
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance
- Bachelor in Business Administration in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Finance with computing and Masters in Accounting and Taxation degree.
The Knutsford University College tuition fees for each one of these courses varies depending on the nationality of the student. Ghanaian students pay lesser amounts compared to students from other African countries. Students from non-African countries pay more than students from other African countries apart from Ghana.
The table below is the Knutsford University College's tuition fees for programmes in the school of business;
School of Science and Technology
The School of Science and Technology is the second school at Knutsford University College. The school offers three courses which are undergraduate programmes. They include;
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science of Nursing.
Tabulated below are the various Knutsford University college tuition fees for the courses offered in the School of Science and Technology;
READ ALSO: Ghana Telecom University Courses
School of Humanities and Education
The School of Humanities and Education is the third school at Knutsford University College. The courses offered in the School of Humanities and Education include;
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Administration in Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- Bachelor of Administration in Psychology and Sociology degree and Bachelor of Science in Communication and Media.
Knutsford University College tuition fees charges for these courses are tabulated below;
School of Graduate Studies and Research
The fourth school at Knutsford University College is the school of Graduate Studies and Research. This school is specialized in graduate programmes. It only offers two masters programmes. The two programmes are;
- Master in Philosophy in Accounting and Finance
- Master in Science in Accounting and Taxation.
Knutsford University College admission requirements
For a prospective student who wishes to realize their dreams by being part of Knutsford University College, there are set Knutsford University College admission requirements that he or she should meet. Since Knutsford University College is an international University and accommodates students from all over the world. There are different categories of admission requirements, depending on the level of education and the examination that a student sat for their O levels. These are some of the categories that have been used to set Knutsford University college admission requirements;
- The first category is the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) Applicants option. Prospective students who sat this exam are expected to have scored credit passed (A-D) in at least six subjects, among which three are core subjects. The core subjects include English language and Mathematics. Candidates are also expected to have scored a credit pass in another three elective subjects. In total, the candidate should have an aggregate of 6-24 points in the West Africa Examination Council Examinations.
- For those candidates who sat the West African School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), their Knutsford University College admission requirement is six credit passes, (A-D) in six subjects, among them Mathematics and English language, and any other three selective subjects. The aggregate points in the West Africa Examination Council Examinations that a candidate should have should range between six and thirty-six.
- For candidates who sat the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) for their O level, their Knutsford University College admission requirement is a credit pass, (A-D), in six subjects, among them Mathematics and English language and any other three relevant subjects. There is no limitation for the number of points that a candidate would have scored for these applicants.
- The fourth category is the General Certiﬁcate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level applicants. The Knutsford University College admission requirement for this category of applicants is that they should have attained passes in three subjects. Out of the three subjects, one of them should be a grade D or better. In addition to that, the candidate should have scored credit passes (Grade 5) in not less than five subjects examined at GCE Ordinary Level. Mathematics, English language and a Science subject, for students who did not select Science as an option and Art for students who selected Science as an option, are the subjects that account for the five subjects in this category. To add on it, the student should have scored a Pass in the general paper. Candidates who meet all these qualifications are placed at Level 200.
- The fifth category of applicants is the Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) applicants. Prospective students in this category should be in possession of a Full Diploma Certificate in ABCE. The student should have also attained credit passes in not less than five subjects. The subjects which account for the credit pass are; English language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies. This applies for the West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) or Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE). For ABCE applicants, they may be considered for Level 200 of the undergraduate programme.
- For candidates who have the Higher National Diploma (HND) certificate, the minimal requirement is a second class Lower Division. For candidates who have the First Class in the HND certificate, they can secure a chance in level 300 only if they proceed with the same programme they did in their HND. If they choose to pursue a different course, they secure a chance at Level 200. For candidates who graduated with Second Class Upper or Second Class Lower, they secure a chance at level 200 regardless of whether they are pursuing the same course or a different one.
- Candidates who are holders of Post-Secondary Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’/Diploma form any institution that has been accredited by the National Accreditation Board also qualify for level 200 is they apply.
- Candidates who have University Diplomas in Communication Studies, Journalism from institutions that have been accredited by the National Accreditation Board can also apply. Those applicants with a Final Grade Point Average of 2.99 will be considered for Level 200 while those with a FGPA of 3.0 will be considered for Level 300.
- There is a special category for applicants. The mature students. Knutsford University College admission requirements for this category of applicants is that they should be not less than 25 years of age. The candidates should provide support documents for their age. The University provides a Mature Students’ entrance exam in Mathematics, English language and Aptitude Test. The candidate is expected to pass this examination. Apart from that, the candidate should also prove to have passed Mathematics and English in SSSCE or WASSCE. For students who are not come from other regions and do not sit any of the examinations under the West African Examination Council, they are expected to present their O level examination qualifications to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for the eligibility for admission to the university.
- For candidates who hold the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) certificate, it is required of them to have credit pass in five subjects in the GCE O level. Out of the five, two are English and Mathematics. The other three should be relevant at the advanced level.
- For candidates who have the International Baccalaureate (IB) certificate, it is required of them to have at least grade 4 at the Higher level in at least three subjects that are of relevance to the programme they wish to pursue. They also supposed to have a minimum grade of 5 in Health and Allied Sciences. Apart from that, applicants are also expected to have at least grade 4 in either Mathematics or English/Literature.
- For students who sat the American High School Grade 12 Examinations, it is required of them to have scored a Final Grade point of 3.0.
Once a student counter-checks and finds they meet any of the above Knutsford University college admission requirements, they can then proceed to apply to Knutsford University College for the programme of their choice. The process of application is both online and manual. Knutsford University college application form is found online on the university’s website. Alternatively, a student can pick the form from the accounts office after paying an admission fee of 240 Ghana Cedis for international students and 100 Ghana Cedis for students from Ghana. The form should be filled and submitted.
While submitting the Knutsford University college application form, the candidate is also expected to attach the following documents;
- Two passport sized photographs
- Copies of their academic certificates or statement of results
- A completed reference forms. All these documents should reach the University’s admission office before the stipulated deadline.
Once the documents reach the University, they undergo preview to select the students that qualify for admission. After the previewing process, the documents are then forwarded to the Admission Board which decides which students to offer admission. After that the selected applicants are contacted, they can proceed and download their admission forms from Knutsford portal and proceed to pay tuition fees within 3 weeks prior to the stated registration dates.
For more information, you can reach Knutsford University College through these contacts;
Tel: 0302 521610/ 521611 Mobile -0244 372072/0269604253 for Accra campus.
For Kumasi campus:
Tel: +233 3220228925
Mobile: 0244372072 / 0244589667
With all the facilities and good quality service that Knutsford University College offers, it is evident that it has the interest of learners at heart. With Knutsford University College, you are guaranteed of quality education.
READ ALSO: Ghana Telecom University Courses