- Nana Addo has effected a ministerial reshuffle
- The reshuffle has seen the deputy information minister promoted to a minister
- Ceclia Dapaah, the former minister for aviation will now be the minister of sanitation
Akufo Addo has made changes to his government with immediate effect. This major appointment has seen the gender minister kicked out of office and Peter Amewu of the lands and natural resources elevated to the position of energy minister.
1. John Peter Amewu, former minister for lands and natural resources is not the minister for energy.
2 Kwaku Asomah-Cheremeh, former Brong Ahafo Regional Minister is now Minister for Lands and Natural Resources.
3. Kofi Adda, former minister for sanitation and water resources is not minister for aviation
4. Cecilia Abena Dapaah, former minister for aviation is now minister for sanitation and water resources.
5. Dr. Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, former minister for information is now minister for inner city and zongo development.
6. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, former deputy minister for information is now minister for information.
7. Cynthia Morrison, member of parliament for Agona West is now the minister for gender, children and social protection designate.
Here are other details of the reshuffle:
8. Paulina Tangoba Abayage, former Ambassador to Italy, is now Upper East Regional Minister designate.
9. Hon. Evans Opoku Bobie, Member of Parliament for Asunafo North constituency and former deputy Brong Ahafo Regional Minister, is now Brong Ahafo Regional Minister designate.
10. Hon. Martin Oti Gyarko, Member of Parliament for Techiman North constituency, is now Deputy Brong Ahafo Regional Minister designate.
11. Hon. Boniface Abubakar Saddique, Member of Parliament for Madina constituency and former Minister for Inner City and Zongo Development, is now Minister of State at the Office of the Vice President.
12. Rockson Bukari, former Upper East Regional Minister, is now Minister of State at the Office of the President.
13. Pius Enam Hadzide, former deputy Minister for Youth and Sports, is now Deputy Minister for Information.
14. Perry Curtis Okudzeto, former deputy Minister for Information, is now Deputy Minister for Youth and Sports; and
15. Otiko Afisa Djaba, former Minister for Gender, Children and Social Protection, is now Ambassador-designate to Italy.
What this means is that all ministers will have to report at their various ministries effective August 10. Meanwhile, contrary to expectations that the trade minister will be moved to the health ministry, this list shows Alan Kyeremanteng will remain the trade and industry minister.
Ghana News 2018: John Mahama’s Salary - Why Everyone Discusses It Now? | Yen.com.gh
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.