- The Brazilian posted a picture of himself earlier today thanking all his care givers and well wishers
- He was on holiday in Ibiza when he was suddenly rushed to a nearby hospital after being struck by pnuemonia
Brazil legend Ronaldo has been discharged from the hospital following the brief illness that landed him on the sick bed over the weekend.
The 41-year-old was struck by pneumonia while on summer holiday in Spain and he was quickly rushed to a hospital.
He was said to have spent some time in the intensive care unit of the hospital following the doctors' diagnoses.
READ ALSO: Famous sportsmen who are into music
The former Barcelona and Real Madrid however took to social media to let his fans know everything was under control.
"Hi guys! I'm already at home after a few days at the clinic," said Ronaldo, who retired as a player in 2011.
"Thank you all for the kind comments and positive energy.
"Thanks to the team of doctors and nurses. Now let's focus on football! This season will be incredible and promises more news."
Ronaldo confirmed on Twitter on Sunday that he had been diagnosed with influenza and that he was expecting to be discharged on Monday.
"Guys, I had a bad case of influenza here in Ibiza, I was hospitalized on Friday, but everything is under control!" he said.
"(On Monday) I get discharged and I go back home! Thank you all for the messages and affection!
Watch: Ghana News Today: Shatta Wale May Become A President Of Ghana | #Yencomgh
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook