For some time now, the argument of who rules the airwaves as ‘Dancehall King’ in Ghana has become keener.
Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy are the ones at the center of it all.
The two have claimed supremacy over the other and their fans have often engaged in banters on social media fighting over who really deserves that title.
Stonebwoy claimed he is a better musician than Shatta Wale saying that he is better than him lyrically and musically.
Shatta Wale responded saying that he would murder Stonebwoy musically like he did to Samini.
However, just like the popular saying that goes like “one before two,” there is always the best when it comes to competition.
Against this backdrop, YEN.com.gh brings you five striking facts that prove that Shatta Wale still rules as the King of Dancehall in Ghana:
1. Forerunner: When we talk of who the forerunner in the music industry between Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy, fact remains that Shatta Wale is. As at the time Shatta Wale was making music under the music name and brand ‘Bandana’, Stonebwoy was nowhere to be found on the music scene. Probably, he was still struggling to come up as an underground musician, or he had not even thought of doing music at all. In those days, Shatta Wale was rubbing shoulders with music gurus including Tinny, Tic Tac, Lord Kenya, Samini. When Wale was widely known for his songs ‘Bandana from Ghana’, ‘No Problem’, no one knew Stonebwoy.
2. Crowd ‘puller’: When it comes to who is able to pull and command a mammoth crowd between the two, Shatta Wale stands tall. It is common to have more people patronizing shows where Shatta Wale has been billed to perform than where Stonebwoy is to perform. Recently after his interview with Jessica on Citi FM following his ‘Reign Album’ music tour, people were shocked to see the crowd that had gathered at the entrance of the radio station impatiently waiting for Wale to come out so they could catch a glimpse of him.
In a video sighted by YEN.com.gh, it was obvious that the crowd was difficult to handle at Citi FM because they were bent on really seeing the man Shatta Wale. This cannot be said of Stonebwoy who also had an interview recently with a radio station in Accra.
3. Prominence: It is well known in the media landscape that Shatta Wale is given more prominence than Stonebwoy. For instance, during his signing at Zylofon Media in January this year, Ghanaians witnessed the massive publicity that heralded Shatta Wale's signing and after. Since Shatta Wale joined Zylofon Media, it has been widely reported also that his presence poses a threat to Stonebwoy’s prominence at Zylofon.
That event occupied and overshadowed all activities in the entertainment industry for some time. Meanwhile, nobody heard that Stonebwoy had even joined Zylofon. Even if it had some publicity, it cannot be compared to what Shatta Wale enjoyed.
4. Power, riches, and fame: Everyone, or the majority of Ghanaians are aware that Shatta Wale is more popular than Stonebwoy. Again, Wale is richer than him. This is for the fact that Shatta Wale is the highest paid musician in the industry currently. He boasts of two mansions with swimming pools which according to him, no other musician – not even his fiercest rival Stonebwoy – can boast of.
5. Milestone: Shatta Wale is the only musician in the history of Ghana Music Industry who has been honoured by a sitting president. He was invited to the Jubilee House by President Akufo-Addo on the occasion of Wale’s birthday. He received a special gift of the Coat of Arm from the President as his birthday gift. After Shatta Wale’s visit to the presidency, many other artistes including Stonebwoy and Samini “begged” the President to invite them too but their pleas seem not heard by the President.
READ ALSO: Photos of Moesha’s mother pop up
Meanwhile, Shatta Wale has been in the news recently following is ‘Reign’ album which will be launched in October.
He has been embarking on a radio and television tour to speak on the album ahead of its release on October 13, 2018.
He has also been in the news following his relationship with his baby mama, Shatta Michy.
He also stated reasons in a report published by YEN.com.gh earlier about why he is not ready to marry Michy anytime soon.
Wale and Michy have a son together whom they affectionately call Majesty Wale.
Ghana News Today: Shatta Waly May Become A President Of Ghana | #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page