Reports have indicated that the rate at which marriages are collapsing all over the world is alarming.
For some known and unknown reasons, the marriage keep failing and it seems there is no end to that soon.
Some of Ghana’s celebrities have also witnessed bitter divorces and fortunately for some, they have had the opportunity to marry again while some of them remain single.
YEN.com.gh brings you seven of the female celebrities who have witnessed the pain of divorce in their life.
1. Nana Ama McBrown: The versatile actress has been divorced before her beautiful marriage with her current husband, Maxwell Mawu Mensah. Nana Ama was reportedly married to a chief in the Ashanti Region but the marriage couldn’t work. According to reports, Nana Ama was maltreated because she had not had a child for that chief after some years of their marriage. Therefore, she bowed out until her marriage with Maxwell two years ago. But Nana Ama has dispelled that report explaining that she was not married to the chief. According to an earlier interview she granted Peace FM, the farther she got with chief was the "knocking" stage, but they never got married.
2. Emelia Brobbey: Emelia Brobbey, according to reports, has been divorced twice but the actress herself has said that she has married only once. Her recent divorce was with her former husband, Dr. Kofi Adu Boateng, of Endpoint Homeopathic Clinic.
He had secretly married another woman when he was said to be having issues with Emelia Brobbey. Though Dr. Boateng has accused the actress of many offences including promiscuity on her part, Emelia Brobbey has refuted those allegations, saying that she has left the matter to God.
3. Bibi Bright: The Zylofon Media actress got married some weeks ago when she said that she is ready to take her marriage with all seriousness. This could mean that she didn’t do that with her first marriage which led to it collapsing. YEN.com.gh cannot tell the inside story of how her divorce came about but the most important thing is that Bibi Bright is married again and definitely enjoying herself.
4. Jackie Appiah: The beautiful Jackie had married Mr. Peter Agyeman in 2005 when they had a son, but the marriage did not last. Jackie Appiah’s son, also called Peter Agyeman, is currently thirteen years and from all indication enjoying his mother’s sole attention.
5. Juliet Ibrahim: Juliet Ibrahim was formerly married to Dr. Kwadwo Safo, son of the founder of Christo Asafo church. That marriage produced a child but it did not last due to some challenges it faced. Juliet Ibrahim is still not married since then. She was in a relationship with a Nigerian singer and rapper, Iceberg Slim, but reports show that that relationship has been called of.
6. Obaapa Christy: Formerly called Christiana Love, Obaapa Christy was married to Pastor Love Hammond who by then was also her manager. The marriage did not work out as the couple started making their problems public in 2010. She finally married Nana Yaw Franke in 2014, and they welcomed their first child earlier this year. Obaapa Christy currently lives in Germany with her new family.
In My Feelings Drake: Stop It! | #Yencomgh
READ ALSO: We know Castro is not dead - Andy Dosty
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page