Madina Institute of Science and Technology programs and office locations
Madina Institute of Science and Technology was established back in 2013 by the Medina Foundation for Science and Technology. The institution is renowned for offering quality tertiary education to Ghanaians which aspirations to acquire and advance their knowledge in the field of technology. They have been involved in providing quality and affordable education for the Ghanaian youth which has contributed immensely to the development of the community.
Madina Institute of Science and Technology is one of the pioneer Islamic institutions that offer a wide range of different courses in Ghana. The institution has been at the forefront in providing quality education to the learners. The institution has many alumni from different parts of the country involved in various sectors. Here is a comprehensive list of the courses offered at Madina Institute of Science and Technology.
Madina Institute of Science and Technology contact information and office location
Madina Institute of Science and Technology is located at Lakeside Estate in Eastern Accra, It is a few meters away from the Marina Park and East Legon. Here is their contacts:
- Postal Address: P.O. Box CT 10159, Accra, Ghana, West Africa.
- Phone number: (+233) 303 932 887
- Email address: email@example.com
About Madina Institute of Science and Technology
The institution started off from humble beginnings with only three schools; School of Engineering, School of Business and School of Liberal Arts and Sciences and a Center for Professional Development. Among the plans of the institution is the establishment of a Language Center and an Islamic Banking Center. The institution is firmly rooted in its Islamic religion and seeks to pass the Islamic values and ethics to the learners
MIST has been at the forefront in the integration of the highest academic and professional standards of excellence that have been invoked through teaching, research and community service during training. The institution is an affiliate of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) and the University Of Development Studies (UDS). As means to elevate the academic standards, the institution also continues to explore both local and international affiliations, partnerships and collaborations.
Madina Institute of Science and Technology courses
Schools and departments
School of Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Oil and Gas Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
School of Business and Technology
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Banking and Finance
- Department of Human Resource Management
- Department of Marketing
School of Engineering
- BSc Civil Engineering
- BSc Oil and Gas Engineering
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSC in Civil Engineering
BSc in Mechanical Engineering
The institution is set in a relaxed and stimulating environment to offer the students who are attached to theory and practice of mechanical engineering and auxiliary fields, such as materials, micro electro mechanical systems (MEMS), information technology, nanotechnology, and bio engineering.
Upon the completion of the program, learners are assured of an understanding and appreciation of critical issues in mechanical engineering such as Modeling and simulation; power generation; design of machinery; manufacturing; guidance systems; product design and development; robotics; propulsion engineering; policy analysis and design; and many others.
READ ALSO: Islamic University College Ghana courses and admission requirements
BSc in Oil and Gas Engineering
Energy has become one of the primary drivers of global economies. Many economies and societies are growing more reliant on premium fossil fuels such as oil and gas. The Oil and Gas industry, therefore, needs improvements and sustenance to continue to increase the growth. This program is made to enroll the students in theory and practice to identify, analyze and leverage the practical knowledge of science and technology to offer engineering practical solutions applied in the oil and gas industry.
Also, the learners with the support of faculty and experts examine areas including Petroleum and Natural Gas Extraction, Petroleum reservoir Engineering Design, Oil Well. Drilling Laboratory, Reservoir Modeling, and Production Process Engineering among others to give them the capacity to solve simple and complex everyday problems.
Bachelors of Science in Business Administration (Accounting Option)
The concentration is designed to usher students into the world of a typical accountant grappling to find antidotes to lack of effectiveness in financial reporting, compliance, financial management, taxation, investment management, and accounting information systems management. On completion of the program, they develop an understanding of a wide array of accounting related issues, including budget analysis, financial and investment management and planning, financial control, and internal controls as well as auditing.
Bachelors of Science in Business Administration (Banking & Finance Option)
The Banking and finance gives the learners with exceptional and incomparable skills for them to become rainmakers in the fields of general banking and finance with the ability to develop and create to financial forecast, comprehend the banking operation, identify and mitigate banking risk exposures, analyze the endpoints of investments, generate banking products and services from a complex organizational setting.
The institution has also placed technology in at the core of the business programs because of its ability to touch on the theory and practice in the banking and financial services industry. With these under review, learners are given a chance under the tutelage of the industry-experienced Faculty to partake the core practice and enroll in the high-level analysis of real companies' situations throughout the undergraduate program. The capstone project designed to make students work towards a startup or add knowledge to industry.
Bachelors of Science in Business Administration (Human Resource Management Option)
The concentration provides the opportunity for students to acquire critical skills in recruitment, training, employee development, change management, interpersonal skills, maintenance of fair and equitable compensation system, and human resource procedure and policies, as well as allied skills needed to ensure organizational effectiveness.
Bachelors of Science in Business Administration (Marketing Option)
Marketing has become one of the fastest evolving fields in business because it drives competition. To effectively execute the marketing function, one needs to have people skills, interpersonal communication skills, and creativity.
For this reason, the institution provides the opportunity for our students to acquire in-depth understanding of marketing theory and practices to function effectively in marketing research, brand management, retail and sale marketing as well as e-marketing setting. After completion of this comprehensive marketing program, graduates can design promotional campaigns to Influence customer perceptions, develop new products, create messages that connect and resonate with the targeted audience, create new marketing channels as well as design and execute marketing and promotional plans.
Madina Institute of Science and Technology fees
Below is the fee structure for the different courses offered at MIST
School of Engineering
- BSc, Civil Engineering – GHc 1500 per semester
- BSc, Oil and Gas Engineering – GHc 1500 per semester
- BSc, Mechanical Engineering – GHc 1500 per semester
School of Business and Technology
All departments GHC 1,250.00 per semester GHC20
Fees for the 2017/2018 academic year for freshers and continuous foreign students
Fees paid in US$ 2017/2018 Fees
- Oil and Gas Engineering 6,000
- Civil Engineering 5,500
- Mechanical Engineering 5, 500
- School of Business and Technology programs 4,000
Madina Institute of Science and Technology admission requirements
For one to be admitted to MIST they must meet the admission requirements outlined by the National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE), National Accreditation Board (NAB), University for Development Studies and the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST). The applicants are assured of no discrimination during the process of registration based on their ethnic background, religion, financial background or any other non-academic considerations.
The successful candidates must, however, be willing to abide by the rules and regulations of the Institute, which in the main, conform to the tenets of the 1992 Constitution of Ghana. As an Islamic faith-based Institution, morality is held high, and infractions are bordering on drunkenness, use of banned substances/drugs, indecent dressing, stealing, fighting will not be sanctioned at MIST. Applicants who wish to join the Madina Institute of Science and Technology must fulfill the following entry requirements as follows:
1. Holders of the General Certificate of Education / School Certificate of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) with credit pass in, at least, five subjects at the Ordinary Level. Candidates must also have three passes at the Advanced Level and, with one of them a Grade D., A pass in General Paper at the Advanced Level shall be pass as a requirement.
2. Holders of the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) of WAEC with general passes in the following core subjects English, Mathematics, Integrated Science/Social Studies and other three elective subjects which counts to an average aggregate of close to 24 or better.
3. Holders of the Senior High School Certificates (WASSCE) of WAEC with passes (at least C6) in the following core subjects English, Mathematics, Integrated Science/ Social Studies and three elective subjects with an aggregate of 36 or better.
4. For the mature applicants with a minimum age of 25 years who do not necessarily satisfy the above requirements for admission but have reasonable educational backgrounds, or professional experience or have demonstrated the ability for academic work shall be considered for admission. Such applicants shall have passed the Institute's Entrance Examination. They may also be requested to submit an extended essay and give an interview.
International students with qualifications equivalent to those in (1), (2) and (3) above would be considered for admission. They must, however, show evidence of proficiency in the English Language.
A student may beadmitted to the MIST on transfer from other University/institutions under the following conditions:
- Transmission cannot be affected beyond entry into Level 200.
- Transfer course credits must agree with those already covered at the MIST in the previous semester (s)
All students must:
- Show abidance to the rules and regulations of the Institute Pay appropriate fees as proclaimed.
- In case the learner cannot hold an award that has been handed by the Government of Ghana or any renowned institution, it will be a requirement for them to finish off all approved fees during or before registration.
- A student with unpaid fees at the beginning of the academic year shall not be allowed to either register or commence with the lecturers with the other students. The entry of the learners to the institution shall be subject to passing a medical test from a renowned medical hospital around Ghana.
How to apply to join MIST
The Madina Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) are open to receive applications from all the qualified applicants for entry to the Undergraduate programs for the ongoing learning in the institution. For the qualified applicants, they are urged to carefully go through all the relevant information that entails the guidelines and admission requirements for applicants before applying.
The applicants for the admission are open for the learners with the Nov/Dec Private WASSCE results. However, the application in this field must fulfill the requirement of indicating their respective WASSCE index numbers and subjects on the online application forms.
The Madina Institute of Science and Technology Bannu is affiliated to the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST), and the University for Development Studies; all applications will, therefore, be considered based on results requirements by its affiliate institutions and also as provided by the National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE) and National Accreditation Board.
The institution carries all the programs on the following schedule from the regular morning sessions on each working day from Monday to Friday. It is a requirement for the application to complete the form of the program online immediately upon the purchase of the Online Serial Numbers (OSN) that is available at Eco bank or consequently go for the online purchase option through the Visa/Master Card.
READ ALSO: Akatsi College of Education admission requirements
Steps to apply
1. The applicant can visit the nearest Eco bank branch and purchase the Mist Online E-Voucher. The general price of the Online E-Voucher goes for GHC 100.00. In case of foreign Students, the learners can directly make payments using Visa/Master Card
2. The applicant can then proceed to press the "Apply online" option; they can then use the bought OSN as your PIN and click Login.
3. The applicant can then begin with filling the application form with relevant information. The corresponding field is marked * and should not be left blank. Applicants should supply the related information about the document.
4. Upon the completion of the online application form, the learners can finish off with uploading their currently edited passport size photographs with the background white.
Applicants are advised to be careful of any persons or group of persons who may approach them under the pretext of assisting them to access the admission for fees.