Academic City College is a tertiary institution in Ghana with a state-of-the-art ultra-modern campus in Accra. The institution offers holistic education in order to create well-rounded minds among its students. This makes its students conscientiously and proactively contribute to the development of the country. The dedicated focus of the institution is on an active and experimental student learning, supplemented with ethical decision making and emotional learning. The mission of Academic City College is to produce students who are able to innovate and solve complex problems within an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and ethical environment. This article will provide you with detailed information about the programmes offered at Academic City College including the admission requirements.
Are you looking for an excellent place to study? Look no further because Academic City College is the best place for you. Academic City College has successfully churned out many graduates since its establishment who are contributing significantly to the technology and science landscape of Ghana. Are you looking for an excellent place to study? Look no further because Academic City College is the best place for you. Academic City College has successfully churned out many graduates since its establishment who are contributing significantly to the technology and science landscape of Ghana.
READ ALSO: Abbeam Institute of Technology courses, location and contacts
About Academic City College
Eureka Africa group launched Academic City College Ghana in 2009. It is a National Accreditation Board accredited institution. The institution was launched with the aim of delivering the much needed affordable education so as to create a competitive labor pool within the country. Since the establishment of the institution, it has been a standalone facility in Ring Road, Accra. The institution was known for the affiliated programmes with Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) it offered.
Nine years after its establishment, it has managed to graduate more than 3000 students from twenty-three countries in Africa. The College offers the best education and training which is evidenced through its alumni who have established themselves as unique in various fields. The students are working at reputed organizations like financial institutions, educational institutions, manufacturing firms, international banks, corporate offices, and government departments in Ghana and West Africa.
City College Academic programs
City College Academic has four faculties which offer various programmes. The faculties are:
- School of Engineering & Technology
- School of Business
- School of Communication Arts
School of Engineering & Technology
City Academic College is providing a world class engineering & IT. The curriculum is coupled with a state of computer labs and art engineering on campus. In addition, the department is equipped with the latest in mechanical, electronics, and digital gear to empower the students from the first day of their admission. The programs offered by the Engineering & Technology department are:
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (in development)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
READ ALSO: LUCAS College Ghana courses and admission requirements
School of Business
The business curriculum offered by the Academic City College drives deliberately-planned education that makes students be competent and acquire characters significant for becoming good leaders. The training provided to the students makes them become good decision makers who devise streamlined and effective business solutions. The programs offered at the school of Business are:
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Banking & Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Marketing
School of Communication Arts
The school of communication arts was developed to prepare students to engage in a challenging career concerning media content, advertising, and public relations. The students are exposed to various social media and communication platforms that are active across corporate communication. Programs offered by this faculty are:
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism & Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Advertising & Public Relations
Academic City College Ghana School fees
The fees charged by Academic City College is competitive in the market. This makes it affordable for many students in Ghana to receive a college education and after that get employed. Academic City College Tuition is the best in Ghana because of the advanced technologies and qualified lecturers within the institution.
Academic City College Ghana Tuition Fees is as shown below:
In US Dollars per Academic Year (2 Semesters)
- Engineering: $7,000
- Other Programmes: $5,000
- Shared Room : $1,000
- Single Room : $2,000
- Single Room with AC: $2,500
Meal Plan (Optional)
3 Cafeteria Meals Daily: $1,800
Estimate only, subject to selected meal plan.
Academic City has a Merit-Based Scholarships that are provided to qualifying students. Also, the institution has a Financial Aid that is made available for students with financial problems. However, the Financial Aid is subject and limited to the availability of funds, therefore is it awarded strictly to applicants having a genuine financial need.
If you want to apply for the financial aid, you are expected to select 'I need financial aid' after logging in to the online admissions application. You can also apply for the aid by obtaining a financial aid form from Admissions.
We also provide the students with payment plans especially those who are unable to pay the full fees. For more information, you can contact admissions.
- Students who want to pursue any course in engineering should ensure that they passed in WASSCE/NECO. They should have six credit passes with a minimum of C6 and three core subjects which are English, Maths, and Science including three elective subjects which are Maths, Physics, and a science subject.
- SSSCE applicants should have a minimum of D or a pass in six different subjects including three core subjects and three elective subjects.
- IGCSE O-LEVEL & A-LEVEL applicants should have a minimum of five credit passes including English, Maths, Physics and Chemistry and three passes. The applicant also qualifies for the application if he or she grade D in the A-Level including Maths, Physics and Science/Additional Mathematics.
The international applicants should have Mathematics and Physics SL with 5 or better OR Mathematics and Physics HL with 3 or better. The applicants will also be considered if they have a Credit passes in 5 O-Level subjects (including English, Maths, and Physics).
Mature applicants will be considered for the application if they are 25 years of age and above, but they should apply as mature candidates and at the same time pass the mature entry exam.
IT, Business & Communication Arts
- Students wishing to undertake a course in IT, Business or Communication Arts should have six credit passes with minimum C6 including three core subjects (including Math + English) and three elective subjects in WASSCE/NECO.
- They should also have a minimum of D or a pass in 6 subjects including three cores subjects (including Math + English) and three elective subjects
- Students with a minimum of 5 credit pass in the IGCSE O-Levels (including Math and English) and three passes or grade D in the A-Level qualify for the application.
- English IB-Minimum score of 4 in 3 higher Level (HL) subjects & in English & Mathematics
- French IB-Minimum of 50% pass including Mathematics and English
- American High School- Minimum GPA of 3.0
City College academic calendar
The academic calendar of Academic City College is as shown below”
The current academic year is 2018/2019.
How to apply
Admissions for September 2018 is in progress. You can apply by visiting our website and download the application form. On the website, you can also download the financial aid form. There is also an online application form where you will be expected to fill the form and submit it online without downloading it.
Applications that will be received by the institution before the 20th of August will be prioritized for financial aid and admission. After downloading and filling out the application form, submit it in person to the admissions office or through our email.
If you need more clarifications, you can call on 233) 262 693 960 / 262 693 870. You can also reach the school through WhatsApp through (233) 554 264 486. The email address is email@example.com, and the official website is.
The contemporary environment is rapidly changing, and new things are being developed. The products that are considered cool now will be part of the landfills of tomorrow. Various technologies are converging with one another to create new disruptive technologies. Various fields of human activities are looking for further disruption and convergence. The World-class programs provided by Academic City College provide platform, depth, and latitude for all the students in order to enable them to re-engineer and rethink the future. We have state of the art heavy-equipment workshop, activity-based learning, modern laboratory facility, industry-tested, and dedicated faculty.
If you are interested in innovation and discovery, Academic City College provides world-class courses in technology, engineering, and entrepreneurship. While at the institution, you will manage to explore robotics which is made possible by the Entrepreneurship and Technology Center or launch an app at the maker-space. Apart from the classroom studies, you will be provided win an opportunity to pair your rigorous coursework with various research opportunities, coding camps including community impact projects. Therefore, enroll now and get the fulfillment of the promise you will receive the best education and training.
READ ALSO: Lincoln Community School Ghana: fees, address, and pictures