NDC Organizer dead as petrol explodes at home

NDC Organizer dead as petrol explodes at home

- An NDC Youth Organizer in the Northern Region, Alhassan, has lost his life in a fire outbreak

- Four other family members are currently in a critical condition

- Petrol exploded at his home and caused injuries to the victims

A 42-year-old farmer, Alhassan, who is the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Youth Organizer at Kotito in the West Gonja District of the Northern Region, has lost his life.

Information available to YEN.com.gh shows that, the deceased’s entire family was at home when petrol exploded and causes severe injuries to them.

All the victims were rushed to the Tamale Teaching Hospital, but Alhassan lost his life, and the others are in critical conditions.

A man using microphones

Kofi Portuphy, NDC National Chairman Source: theheraldghana.com
Source: UGC

READ ALSO: Double track system is just like first and second church services - Bawumia

The leadership of the NDC in the Northern Region and his family have since buried the deceased.

According to reports, the deceased was also a petrol dealer, who buys petrol in drums and retails to customers as a business in the community.

YEN.com.gh understands that a drum containing petrol suddenly exploded when the entire family was at home at that particular time.

Four family members were severely burnt by the fire and were rushed to the hospital for immediate medical attention.

Some residents expressed their frustrations about the lack of ambulance in the West Gonja District.

They appealed to government to repair some broken ambulances in the district to enhance health delivery.

The family had to be transported to the hospital by an ambulance which came all the way from the Sawla Tuna-Kalba District.

READ ALSO: Duncan Williams explains why his first marriage failed

Ghana News Today: President Akufo-Addo’s Tour | #Yencomgh

Subscribe to watch new videos

Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish on YEN.com.gh? Please contact us on Facebook or Instagram now!

Source: Yen.com.gh

Related news
Another woman dies over no-bed syndrome in Accra

Another woman dies over no-bed syndrome in Accra

Another woman dies over no-bed syndrome in Accra
YEN.com.gh
Mailfire view pixel