Pan African University is a name often mentioned when talking about institutions of higher learning in Ghana. Pan African University Ghana is one of the best Educational institutes in the entire African continent. The university is a combination of initiatives from all over the continent to promote higher education and research in Africa.
About the university
The University has been a benchmark for African educational institutions since its establishment. It has been a core factor of development in Africa due to its higher levels of resource and quality of teaching staff. It has been able to attract the topmost African scholars, throughout the years, in taking their courses in the university. Pan African University has five different institutes and they are usually located on five geographical locations of Africa. They are located as follows;
- Central Africa: PAU Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS) at the University of Yaoundé, Cameroon.
- Eastern Africa: PAU Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation (PAUSTI) at the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Western Africa: PAU Institute for Life and Earth Sciences (including Health and Agriculture) (PAULESI) at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Northern Africa: PAU Institute for Water and Energy Sciences (including Climate Change) (PAUWES) at the Abou Bekr Belkaid University of Tlemcen, Algeria.
- The fifth hub of Pan African University will be established in South Africa and it will cater for Space Sciences.
- The sixth Pan African University hub will be established in Cameroun. This institute will cater for e-learning programmes to a bigger number of students and researchers.
Courses offered at Pan African University
Now PAC University offers fields 28 fields of specialization for the available Master studies and it offers 14 fields of specialization for PhD studies in their four established institutes. The courses are as follows;
Pan African university masters and the PhD programmes
PAU Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation (PAUSTI) at the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Nairobi, Kenya
- Masters in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Masters in Mathematics Financial Option
- Masters in Mathematics Computational Option
- Masters in Mathematics Statistics Option
- Masters in Civil Engineering Structural option
- Masters in Civil Engineering Arid and Semi-Arid Land option
- Masters in Electrical Engineering Telecommunications option
- Masters in Electrical Engineering Power systems option
- Masters in Mechatronic Engineering
Masters in Mechanical Engineering PhD
- PhD in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- PhD in Mathematics Financial option
- PhD in Mathematics Computational option
- PhD in Mathematics Statistics option
- PhD in Electrical Engineering Telecommunications option
- PhD in Electrical Engineering Power Systems option
PAU Institute for Life and Earth Sciences including Health and Agriculture (PAULESI) at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria Masters (MSc)
- Masters in Geosciences Mineral Exploration
- Masters in Geosciences Mineral Exploration
- Masters in Reproductive Health science
- Masters in Reproductive Biology science
- Masters in Plant Breeding
- Masters in Environmental Management
- Masters in Photochemistry and Medicinal plants
- Masters in Sport Sciences
- Masters in Veterinary medicine, Avian medicine option
- Master in Veterinary medicine, Vaccine production and Management
- PhD in Geosciences Mineral Exploration
- PhD in Petroleum Geosciences
- PhD in Reproductive Health Sciences
- PhD in Reproductive Biology sciences
- PhD in Plant Breeding
- PhD in Environmental Management
PAU Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS) at the University of Yaoundé, and the University of Buea, Cameroon
- Masters in Governance and Regional Integration
- Masters in Trans-Border languages Kiswahili option
- Masters in Conference Interpreting
- Masters in Translation
- PhD in Governance and Regional Integration
- PhD in Translation
PAU Institute for Water and Energy Sciences including Climate Change (PAUWES) at the Abou Bekr Belk aid University of Tlemcen, Algeria
- Masters in Energy Engineering
- Masters in Energy Policy
- Masters in Water Engineering
- Masters in Water Policy
Those students eligible for admissions at Pan African University also have to incur costs for their respective programmes. The fee structures differ from one course to another. Below is discussed, the tuition fee structure for Pan African University;
Pan African University tuition fees
The schedule for fees payment at Pan African University is given upon receiving the admission letter. This applies to both local and international students. Nonetheless, information provided below might prove important when seeking admission to the university.
Fees for 2018-2019 academic year
Pan African university tuition fees are applicable to the following categories:
- Main Campus
- College Of Health Sciences
- Residential Fees
- University of Ghana Business School special programmes
Notice: The minimum percentage of payable fees before students can have access to register for the first semester of 2018 - 2019 academic year are shown below:
- Academic Registration - 60%
- Residential Registration - 50%
- Academic Registration - 50%
- Residential Registration - 50%
Pan African University Admission
PAU admission is done on a fair competitive basis. Those eligible applicants are the only ones taken into consideration. Applicants are invited from all over Africa and the board of the University cannot allow more than 20% of the host country to join the University at the expense of foreign students. Gender balance is also a very important factor of consideration during and after admission. However, there are various requirements that the students aspiring to join PAC University have to meet. These requirements are stated below:
Admission requirements for masters programmes
The aspiring applicants must satisfy the following conditions set by the board of the University:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school), national I.D. card and passport personal details page;
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors;
- Clear colored passport size photograph(2cmx2cm);
- Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants.
- Applicants may be required to undergo a written/oral examination after pre-selection.
- Applicants for the Master in Conference Interpreting and Translation programmes are required to have excellent knowledge of not less than two of the African Union’s official languages (Arabic, English, French and Portuguese).
Admission requirements for doctoral programmes
Candidates must satisfy the following conditions:
- A Masters degree in a relevant field from PAU or any internationally recognized university
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts, national I.D. card and passport personal details page
- A 3 to 4-page research concept note (research questions, objectives, the significance of the research etc.)
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors
- Clear coloured passport size photograph (2cmx2cm)
- Maximum age of 35 years for male and 40 years for female applicants.
The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to the successful African candidates.
Scholarship awardees should be committed to working in Africa after graduation.
Pan African Christian University college Ghana
Pan African Christian University College Ghana is one of the best Christian faith-based universities in Ghana. It was established as an idea from Church of God world missions in Ghana. The College was established in October 2001 at Adenta, Accra Ghana with the vision of helping the students in Ghana and the entire world, in achieving their academic dreams in a holistic manner based on Biblical principles. The University has been a source of inspiration to most African students, as it has been affordable in the fulfillment of their dreams.
The University offers different courses as listed below;
Pan African University undergraduate courses
- Bachelor of Business Administration(Human Resource Management)(Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies (Biblical Studies)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Management)(Administration)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting)(Accounting)
- Bachelor of Business Administration(Banking& Finance)
- Bachelor of Business Administration(Marketing)
The mission of the University has been to be a sustainable source of leadership products all over the continent and to enhance higher education learning in Africa by offering affordable means. This has been possible through various partnership programmes with other Universities in Africa and other continents.
Contacts for the University
- College name: Pan African Christian University College
- Address: Pomadze near Winneba, Winneba, Ghana
- Phone: +233(0)332094905
- Mobile phone: 0242974688
- Fax: 0332321124
- Website: www.pacuc.edu.gh
The application process is quite simple. Below is a guide on how you are supposed to go about it:
- Applications should be filled online at pau-au.net/apply.
- Closing date for receiving applications with all supporting documents is before the deadline for application.
- All applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered
For questions on academic matters/concerns, please write to them.
Pan African University has been very important to most African students as it has taken a leading role in ensuring that African students are in a position to achieve their dreams at an affordable cost. The University's mission of ensuring that they provide the continent with a resourceful workforce has been of great importance to the African countries economies.
African education system has been theory-based for a long time but the Pan African University has been in a leading position in transforming the system to a more practical-based system. The evidence is through the many products of leadership the University has produced all over the continent.
Further enquiries regarding the applications can be made through below address: