The Nana Akufo-Addo government is fast approaching end of its second year in office, as it has already been 18 months.
The ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) made a lot of promises during the campaign period in the lead up to the 2016 elections.
Key among them was the Free Senior High School programme and of course the creation of many jobs for the youth of the country.
18 months on, the government insists it is on course with both promises and claims to have created over one million jobs.
Below is a breakdown of some sectors where the government said it has created the over 1 million jobs since January 2017:
1. Rural Enterprise Programme – 11,659 persons employed
2. Ghana Investment promotion Center – 13,108 persons employed
3. COCOBOD – 77,067 persons employed
4. NABCO – 100,000 persons employed
5. Ghana Education Service – 28,000 persons employed
6. Health sector – 16,183 persons employed
7. Youth Employment Agency – 15,700 persons employed
8. Planting for Food and Jobs – 745,000 persons employed
9. Ghana School Feeding Programme – 6,475 caterers employed
10. Ghana Armed Forces – 2,050 persons employed
Watch: Kofi Annan Farewell Ceremony: Ghana Says Goodbye to Kofi Annan - Ghana News Today
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.