Bill Gates quotes are a breath of life to any aspiring businessperson. He is a perfect example of what passion, hard work and self-belief can yield. Throughout his life, Bill has been on his toes to make sure that he achieves his dreams through passion and hard work. Many are the times he had all the reasons to give up but he pressed on nevertheless.
Bill Gates had to beat all odds including being banned from Harvard University for being caught exploiting bugs, to become what he wanted to be. He later went ahead to drop out of Harvard University to pursue his dream in Business, though he was ready to go back to school in case his business did not go through. As a result of the belief he had in himself, his venture went ahead to become a worldwide brand! Bill Gates has gone ahead to establish many charity organizations, especially on health and education for the less fortunate in the society. This article states various quotes by Bill Gates which might be of great help to any business-oriented person.
READ ALSO: Inspirational Islamic quotes and sayings
Bill gates quotes on life
Check out the following inspiring quotes by Bill Gates to keep you encouraged even when life tries to get the best of you.
- Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world…if you do so, you are insulting yourself.
- If you are born poor, it’s not your mistake, but if you die poor it’s your mistake.
- We make the future sustainable when we invest in the poor, not when we insist on their suffering.
- Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.
- Life is not fair, get used to it.
- If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.
- I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.
- Don't make the same decision twice. Spend time and thought to make a solid decision the first time so that you don't revisit the issue unnecessarily. If you're too willing to reopen issues, it interferes not only with your execution but also with your motivation to make a decision in the first place. After all, why bother deciding an issue if it isn't really decided?
Success quotes by bill gates
Below are various quotes on success by Bill Gates:
- To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks
- Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
- Everyone needs a coach. It doesn't matter whether you're a basketball player, a tennis player, a gymnast, or a bridge player.
- It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.
- Effective philanthropy requires a lot of time and creativity – the same kind of focus and skills that building a business requires.
- Patience is a key element of success.
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning
- Intellectual property has the shelf life of a banana.
- The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.
- We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next 10. Don't let yourself be lulled into inaction.
- If you show people the problems and you show people the solutions, they will be moved to act.
- Our success has really been based on partnerships from the very beginning.
- People always fear change. People feared electricity when it was invented, didn’t they?
READ ALSO: Good afternoon love messages for girlfriend
Bill gates quotes about money
Bill Gates is rich and wealthy. He has a vast experience in handling loads of cash in billions of dollars. This has made him inspire people with the best quotes of all time on issues about money. Examples of these quotes are:
- We’ve got to put a lot of money into changing behaviour.
- Money has no utility to me beyond a certain point.
- When you have money in hand, only you forget who are you. But when you do not have any money in your hand, the whole world forgets who you are.
- I can understand wanting to have a million dollars...but once you get beyond that, I have to tell you, it is the same hamburger.
Wise saying about life
Bill Gates has had a vast experience in the business world. He has developed various investments from the ground up to their great heights. He talks of what he has done to achieve what he has achieved, not learning from other people’s experience. On this note, Bill Gates has various wise sayings about life which are discussed below:
- Treatment without prevention is simply unsustainable.
- We start life with many big dreams–things we want to accomplish, create, build and experience. But if you ask anyone past the age of 40 what happened to all the dreams they had, they will most likely answer; Life.
- Discrimination has a lot of layers that make it tough for minorities to get a leg up.
- I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think that a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.
- The general idea of the rich helping the poor, I think, is important.
- Life has a tendency to just happen. But it happens because we make choices. The life you create and design for yourself is going to accumulate from the choices you make over time. Sure, there are unexpected things that can derail dreams. But we can control where we put our focus, and if we choose to put one dream ahead of another.
- I never took a day off in my twenties. Not one.
- Legacy is a stupid thing! I don’t want a legacy.
- I don’t think there’s anything unique about human intelligence.
- Find yourself.
- What’s amazing is, if young people understood how doing well in school makes the rest of their life so much interesting, they would be more motivated. It’s so far away in time that they can’t appreciate what it means for their whole life.
- Exposure, from a young age, to the realities of the world is a super-big thing.
READ ALSO: I don't care quotes and sayings
Motivational messages on success
Everyone needs to be encouraged to keep striving especially if they are on the right track. Things may get hard and many may despair and be tempted to quit. However, this should not be the case. Here are a couple of motivational quotes by one of the world's most achieved individuals that will keep you inspired.
- Expectations are a form of first-class truth: If people believe it, it’s true.
- The belief that the world is getting worse, that we can’t solve extreme poverty and disease, isn’t just mistaken. It is harmful.
- In business, the idea of measuring what you are doing, picking the measurements that count, like customer satisfaction and performance ... you thrive on that.
- Reward worthy failure - experimentation.
- This is a fantastic time to be entering the business world because business is going to change more in the next 10 years than it has in the last 50.
- A bad strategy will fail no matter how good your information is, and lame execution will stymie a good strategy. If you do enough things poorly, you will go out of business.
- Customers want high quality at low prices and they want it now.
- Of my mental cycles, I devote maybe 10 per cent to business thinking. Business isn't that complicated. I wouldn't want to put it on my business card.
- Intelligence is an elusive concept. There's a certain sharpness, an ability to absorb new facts. To walk into a situation, have something explained to you and immediately say, "Well, what about this?" To ask an insightful question. To absorb it in real time. A capacity to remember. To relate to domains that may not seem connected at first. A certain creativity that allows people to be effective.
- Business people need to shake off the notion that information is hard to get.
Bill Gates quotes are undoubtedly the greatest of all time. They are suitable for anyone in any generation and if taken into consideration, they can make the biggest impact on the Universe. They are real quotes of life and possible to everyone especially those aspiring to be successful in life and those who are already successful in life. They bring the difference between those with real success and those who think that success is all about the monetary value in life. Bill gates quotes are the best for anyone on the Planet!
READ ALSO: Inspirational Easter quotes Bible