Menzgold Ghana Limited has dragged the Bank of Ghana (BoG) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to court in what looks like it will be a long legal battle.
The gold dealership firm has been in the news in recent months following disagreements with the BoG and SEC regarding its operations.
Earlier this week, the company explained that it cannot make any payments due to the SEC’s directive to have it halt its gold trading activities.
This has so far led to brewing tension among some customers who fear losing their investments with the gold dealership firm.
However, Menzgold has now addressed the issue of how customers will receive their dividend payments.
At a press conference on Thursday, the company answered some troubling questions which seemed to have been on the minds of their customers.
Below are 5 key things that were addressed at Menzgold’s presser:
1. Menzgold is ever ready to attend to needs of customers.
2. The company has offered to pay the dividends of customers starting from Friday, September 28, 2018.
3. Menzgold affirmed its genuineness and said it has never defaulted in payments in its five years of operation.
4. There will be no returns on deposits from Wednesday, September 12, 2018 since the SEC suspended Menzgold’s Gold Vault operations.
5. Customers will receive notifications on when they are to get their payments.
Ghana News Today: Drivers angry over hike in Fuel price | Yen.com.gh
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN's official Facebook page.