The following quotes about education will inspire you to seek knowledge in the most common ways. Most people today are known to seek formal education as it is believed that education is the key to success in the current world. If you want to become a professional, then it is without a doubt that education is inevitable. Education forms the basis of a good life, and therefore, all people should be educated at all cost. This article is a compilation of a collection of beautiful quotes about education that can help anyone understand and value education more.
A good education is a substantial investment that has great significance to a person and a nation at large. Education is the key to most forms of success. However, learning is not always smooth. It comes with multiple challenges that can hinder students from completing their studies. Students may be faced with family issues, problems with raising school fees or personal problems that can lead to poor results. Under such cases, students are always encouraged to read quotations about the importance of education to motivate them to move on. Read on to find out more.
READ ALSO: Trust messages for her
Famous quotes about education
Educational quotes are mind-provoking statements that motivate students not to give up on their studies. They are associated with prominent leaders, scholars and great philosophers of the world. Here is a full collection of famous educational quotes.
- The philosophy of the schoolroom in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next. By Abraham Lincoln
- The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who will get me a book I have not read. By Abraham Lincoln
- Learning is not attained by chance; it must be sought after with ardour and diligence. By Abigail Adams.
- The mark of higher education is not the knowledge you accumulate in your head. It is the skills you gain about how to learn. By Adam Grant
- Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow. By Anthony D’Angelo
- Education is the movement from the darkness to light. By Allan Bloom.
- To succeed, you will soon learn, as I did, the importance of solid foundation in the basics of education – literacy both verbal and numerical and communication skills. By Alan Greenspan.
- Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. By Albert Einstein
- Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking. By Albert Einstein
- I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. By Albert Einstein.
- Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death. By Albert Einstein.
- It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. By Albert Einstein.
- The only things that interfere with my learning are my education. By Albert Einstein.
- Education is the key to the future: you have heard it a million times, and it is not wrong. Educated people have higher wages and lower unemployment rates, and better-educated countries grow faster and innovate more than other countries. But going to college is not enough. You also have to study the right subjects. By Alex Tabarrok.
- The illiterate of the future will not be the person who cannot read. It will be the person who does not know how to learn. By Alvin Toffler.
- The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. From Aristotle.
- It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. By Aristotle.
- Education is the best provision for old age. By Aristotle
- Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in diversity. By Aristotle.
- I have never known any trouble than an hour’s reading did not assuage. By Arthur Schopenhauer
- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. By Benjamin Franklin.
- Research shows that there is only half as much variation in student achievement between schools as there is among classrooms in the same school. If you want your child to get the best education possible, it is more important to get him assigned to a great teacher than to a great school. By Bill Gates.
- For every challenge we face – unemployment, poverty, crime, income growth, income inequality, productivity, competitiveness – a great education is a major component of the solution. By Bruce Rauner.
- Education is a shared commitment between dedicated teachers, motivated students, and enthusiastic parents with high expectations. By Bob Beauprez.
- The cost of college education today is so high that many young people are giving up their dreams of going to college, while many others are graduating deeply in debt. By Bernie Sanders.
- Education promotes equality and lifts people out of poverty. It teaches children how to become good citizens. Education is not just for a privileged few; it is for everyone. It is a fundamental human right. By Ban Ki-Moon
READ ALSO: Greatest John Wesley quotes
Unique quotes on education
- Education is not solely about earning a great living. It means living a great life. By Brad Henry
- No other investment yields as great returns as the investment in education. An educated workforce is the foundation of every community and the future of every economy. By Brad Henry.
- The goal of higher education should be to champion the airing of all honest viewpoints. Nothing less is acceptable. By Bill O’Reilly.
- If you have four years to complete your college education, do it. By Bo Jackson.
- Education remains the key to both economic and political empowerment. By Barbara Jordan.
- Education is the foundation upon which we build our future. By Christine Gregoire
- Children need to get a high-quality education, avoid violence and the criminal justice system, and gain jobs. But they deserve more. We want them to learn not only reading and math but fairness, caring, self-respect, family commitment, and civic duty. By Colin Powell
- You are always a student never a master. You have to keep moving forward. By Conrad Hall
- You have to go through the falling to learn to walk. It helps to know that you can survive it. That is an education in itself. By Carol Burnett.
- Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth. By Chanakya.
- Encouragement of higher education for our youth is critical to the success of our collective future. By Charles B. Rangel.
- A quality education grants us the ability to fight the war on ignorance and poverty. Charles B. Rangel
- The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change. By Carl Rogers.
- One of the most powerful tools for empowering individuals and communities is making certain that any individual who wants to receive a quality education can do so. By Christine Gregoire.
- Education can lift individuals out of poverty and into rewarding careers. By Christine Gregoire.
- Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart of whose soil has never been loosened or fertilized by education; they grow firm there, firms as weeds among stones. By Charlotte Bronte.
- Go to school and get your education and follow your education. By Cam’ron.
- To get an education to sink deep into the minds of a nation takes a generation and more. By Cyril Ramaphosa.
READ ALSO: Insightful silence quotes
Education quotes that will evoke your thinking
- Your library is your paradise. By Desiderius Erasmus
- The foundation of every state is the education of the youth. By Diogenes.
- Inclusive, good-quality education is a foundation for dynamic and equitable societies. By Desmond Tutu.
- The most obvious purpose of college education is to help students to acquire information and knowledge by acquainting them with facts, theories, generalizations, principles, and the like. This purpose scarcely requires justification. By Derek Bok.
- For some students, especially in the sciences, the knowledge gained in college may be directly relevant to graduate study. For almost all students, a liberal arts education works in subtle ways to create a web of knowledge that will illumine problems and enlighten judgment on innumerable occasions in later life. By Derek Bok.
- I tell students that the opportunities I had were a result of having a good educational background. Education is what allows you to stand out. By Ellen Ochoa.
- A good education is a foundation for a better future. By Elizabeth Warren.
- Education is not only a ladder of opportunity, but it is also an investment in our future. By Ed Markey.
- No one has yet realized the wealth of sympathy, the kindness, and generosity hidden in the soul of a child. The effort of every few education should be to unlock that treasure. By Emma Goldman.
- To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. By Edmund Burke
- As long as you get your education and you stay focused, you can do anything. By Fat Joe
- Without education, we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously. By Gilbert K. Chesterton.
- Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom. By George Washington.
- The great aim of education is not knowledge but action. By Herbert Spencer.
- Education then, beyond all other devices of human origin, is the great equalizer of the conditions of men, the balance wheel of the social machinery. By Horace Mann.
- The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth. By John F. Kennedy.
- A child mis-educated is a child lost. By John F. Kennedy.
- The only fence against the world is a thorough knowledge of it. By John Locke.
- We are born weak, we need strength; helpless, we need aid; foolish, we need reason. All that we lack at birth, all that we need when we come to man’s estate, is the gift of education. By Jean-Jacques-Rousseau.
- Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, every family. By Kofi Annan.
- Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. By Malcolm X.
- The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Education is the most powerful weapon, which you can use to change the world. By Nelson Mandela.
- Education comes from within; you get it by struggle, effort, and thought. By Napoleon Hill.
- If a man neglects education, he walks lame to the end of his life. By Plato
- The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows. By Sydney J. Harris.
- The aim of education is the knowledge, not of facts, but of values. By William S. Burroughs.
- He that loves reading has everything within reach. By William Godwin.
Quotes about education are crucial in increasing the argument for knowledge. Education is critical for intellectual development and national development. A good education helps to develop perspectives of looking at life and building professional opinions of life. Remarkable leaders and scholars who have profound knowledge and skills show the importance of education quotes through their work and achievements. The main aim of these quotes is to motivate the student to work hard in school and exploit their potential fully to be productive in society.