Embattled gold dealership firm, Menzgold Ghana Limited, has been once again, hit with a fake press statement which claimed to be an update on the payment of dividends to clients, which it announced on September 27, 2018.
According to the fake statement bothered on the payment of extra values and the issues involving the gold hub, some customers are set to receive 50% of their gold deposits in cash.
This, the fake report said, was in light of the legal battle it had with the Bank of Ghana (BoG) and Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC).
The fake press statement, which is dated October 3, 2018, indicated that customers who were entitled to the said payments were those who had invested with the gold trading company before September 13, 2018.
According to the doctored release, management of the gold dealership maintained that they reached this decision because of the numerous grievances they had received from their clients and also wanted to minimize the effect their legal battle could have.
The fake statement from the gold firm went on to state that clients who wanted to terminate their investment could come for 50% of their principal after a new schedule to that effect had been drawn. and would be notified when to come for the other half.
The management of the gold dealership firm, according to the fake release, went on to urge their clients to remain calm and assured them of getting things back on track.
On Thursday September 27, management of Menzgold held a press conference announcing that it was going to resume working on September 28.
The company came out with a payment schedule and asked clients to visit their branches at the date allocated to them to receive their extra values.
The firm took to its Facebook page to indicate that the press release making rounds was fake and asked clients to ignore it.
On Friday September, 28, many customers of the gold firm besieged their offices with the hopes of receiving their extra values.
Menzgold has sued the central bank and SEC for meddling in their affairs and also putting out information in the public space.
Menzgold’s suit against the BoG and SEC is geared towards obtaining a court order to restrain the two bodies from interfering in its business.
Before Menzgold set its second date to resume operations on September 28, Ghanaian young millionaire, Ibrah One, indicated the he was going to take his life should the gold dealership firm bounce back.
Ibrah One earlier claimed that NAM1 had used Menzgold investors money on actors and musicians.
Nana Appiah Mensah however came back hard at Ibrah One and revealed why he was trying to discredit him.
Watch: Ghana News Today: President Akufo-Addo Narrowly Escapes Jet Crash | Yen.com.gh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.