Robert Mugabe is the oldest and most famous African leader of Zimbabwe in southern Africa since 1980 and was the country’s only leader since they gained independence from Britain. Robert Mugabe, Africa’s oldest leader, was born in 1924 and became the president in 1987. Due to his reign as president, he was criticized for practising corruption and abusing human rights. He recently left power but has certain famous quotes which he uses when addressing situations which are now recorded in the top books of the western world. Robert Mugabe famous quotes are now even more popular than the veteran themselves. Even though he is no more the president, we have a lot of people celebrating him still. An example is Buzzkenya. There are also people who called him a dictator, a tyrant, and even the “Hitler of our time but truth be told he is very okay and totally fine with all the names he is being addressed with. Another thing to note is among all of this, which is his controversial leadership style, Robert Mugabe was very strong on his decisions, views and ruling when it came to leading. Below are 30 of the best most famous Robert Mugabe quotes.
READ ALSO: I am sorry messages for boyfriend
President Robert Mugabe quotes on lifestyle
In the race of life, we don't have everything working smoothly that's why Robert Mugabe gave some wonderful funny quotes on lifestyle and relationship and there are some wise quotes of Robert Mugabe which serve as a motivation and an encouragement to us. Below are some of them which you will love and laugh over when you are not in the mood:
1. “My dear ladies, if your boyfriend didn’t wish you a happy Mother’s Day or sing Sweet Mother for you, you should stop breastfeeding him".
2. “If you are ugly, you are ugly. Stop talking about inner beauty because men don’t walk around with X-rays to see inner beauty".
3. "If you have attended over 100 weddings in your life and are yet still you are single, then you are not different from a canopy."
4. "Any man who successfully convinces a monkey that honey is sweeter than a banana is capable of selling condoms to a Roman Father."
5. "Whenever things seem to start going well in your life, the devil comes along and gives you a ‘girlfriend’".
6. "Dear sisters, don’t be deceived by a man who texts you “I miss you” only when it’s raining because you are not an umbrella."
7." It’s hard to bewitch African girls these days. Every time you take a piece from her hair to the witch doctor, either a Brazilian innocent woman gets mad or a factory in China catches fire."
8. "Dating a slim/slender guy is cool. The problem is when you are lying on his chest then his ribs draw Adidas lines on your face.
9. "Respect pregnant women because it’s not easy walking around with evidence that you’ve had sex."
10." Some of the girls of today can’t even jog for five minutes but they expect a guy to last in bed with you for two hours? Your level of selfishness demands a one-week crusade."
11. "I stopped trusting ladies when my class three girlfriend left me for another boy all because he bought a sharpener with a mirror."
12." Nothing makes a woman more confused than being in a relationship with a “broke” man who’s extremely good in bed."
Robert Mugabe quotes on gay marriage
Now let's look at some of the quotes he made about homosexuality
14. "If President Barack Obama wants me to allow marriage for same-sex couples in my country (Zimbabwe), he must come here so that I marry him first.
15. "Even Satan wasn’t gay; he approached naked Eve instead of naked Adam. Say no to same-sex marriage.
16. "Archbishop Tutu said it is nice to be gay, yet he has a wife, he should have begun by getting himself a man for a woman… When you are a bishop and cannot interpret the Bible, you should resign and give it to those who can. We will not compromise our tradition and tolerate homosexuality. We need continuity in our race, and that comes from the woman, and no to homosexuality. John and John, no; Maria and Maria, no…I keep pigs and the male pig knows the female one.”
17. "If you take men and lock them in a house for five years and tell them to come up with two children and they fail to do that, then we will chop off their heads."
Funny Robert Mugabe quotes
Read carefully this category because it comprises Robert Gabriel Mugabe famous quotes; there are a lot of them but we have selected out the best 5 that will interest you. Robert Mugabe quotes might seem funny but they carry inspiration. Now Let’s look at some of them
18. "I am still the Hitler of the time. This Hitler has only one objective: justice for his people, sovereignty for his people, recognition of the independence of his people and their rights over their resources. If that is Hitler, then let me be Hitler tenfold. Ten times, that is what we stand for.” – March 2003.
19. "I have died many times. I have actually beaten Jesus Christ because he only died once."
20. "A brave man is he who has a running stomach and still wants to ease himself."
Robert Mugabe quotes on alcohol indulgence
21. "A cigarette is a pinch of tobacco rolled in a piece of paper with fire on one end and a fool on the other end."
22. "Don’t drink at all, don’t smoke, you must exercise and eat vegetables and fruit"
Mugabe best quotes on leadership
In ranking some of Robert Mugabe’s quotes, it can be compared to the likes of it Martin Luther Jr, Confucius and Mahatma Gandhi for its inspirations and knowledge. Below are some he gives on leadership:
23. “Was it not enough punish intelligence gives a history that we were uprooted and intelligence gives not only in new colonial outposts but intelligence investigated."
24. "When one’s goat gets missing, the aroma of a neighbour’s soup gets suspicious."
25." When neighbour's intelligence gives leaves, you don’t take a goat as a friend."
26. "Only God who appointed me will remove me."
27. "The white man is not indigenous to Africans. Zimbabwe is for Zimbabweans."
28 "Neighbours fought for our land, we have fought for our sovereign and we have won our independence and we are prepared to shed our blood… So, Blair, keep your England and let me keep my neighbours".
29. "If the choice were made, one for us to lose our sovereignty and become a member of the Commonwealth or remain with our sovereignty and lose the membership of the Commonwealth, I would say let the Commonwealth go".
Finally, there are quotes by Robert Mugabe relating to the corruption in Nigeria and below is one:
30. “Are we now like Nigeria where you have to reach your pocket to get anything done? You get on a plane in Nigeria and you sit there and the crew keeps dilly-dallying without taking off as they wait for you to pay them to fly the plane” – March 2014.
Below are some pictures of Robert Mugabe
READ ALSO: True love messages for him
From the above, including Robert Mugabe quotes about life, we see how famous Robert Mugabe quotes are and how funny and inspiring they are. Above are also pictures of Robert Mugabe quotes. Don't forget to leave your comments after reading.