- 24 Europa League matches will be played in second group games across different centers
- Some of the games kick off as early as 6pm Nigerian time
- Here are the highlights of five matches you should not miss this evening
Europa League returns to center stage this week with 24 matches to be played across different centers all across Europe.
Having witnessed impressive and disappointing results in the first round of games in the tourney, teams have another chance to get their title contention back into play.
However, YEN.com.gh have selected five key and exciting matches for football lovers to catch on Thursday, October 4.
1. Chelsea vs Vidi FC - English FA Cup champions Chelsea will hope they continue their winning streak on the continent after beating PAOK FC 1-0 in their opening Group L fixture.
The Blues welcome Hungarian topflight side Vidi FC to the Stamford Bridge this evening as Sarri's men hope to continue their unbeaten run this season.
2. Qarabag vs Arsenal - The Gunners will hope maintain their impressive run when they visit the Azersun Arena for their Europa League match day two encounter.
READ ALSO: Top 5 richest active Ghanaian footballers
The north Londoners are on a seven match winning streak after their back to back defeats to Chelsea and Man City in their opening two games.
A win for the Premier League side will see the Emirates Stadium maintain their leadership on Group E table with six points from two matches after beating Vorskla 4-2 in their opening game.
3. AC Milan vs Olympiacos - Gennaro Gattuso's men welcome their Greek topflight opposition to the San Siro Stadium on Thursday night for their second Group F clash.
They got their campaign off to a winning start away from home after beating F91 Dudelange 1-0 at the Stade Josy Barthel with Gonzalo Higuain scoring the only goal.
The Serie A side will hope they can maintain their leadership on the table with another win this evening in a bid to reach the next stage.
4. Eintracht Frankfurt vs Lazio - This is one of the biggest matches of the night as both teams are on three points and a win for either side will determine the leaders of the group.
Both sides won their opening group matches and the race to qualify for the next phase of the competition heat up as they head into the second game.
5. FC Krasnodar vs Sevilla - The Russian side will hope they can displace Sevilla at the top of Group J table as they are three points apiece on the log.
Both teams won their opening game but the Spanish League side were more convincing in their victory as they demolished Standard Liege 5-1 in Spain.
Ghana News Today: Lack of Evidence Against Former GFA President | Yen.com.gh
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN's official Facebook page.