Death is but the next adventure to a well-organised mind and the word "happiness" will lose its meaning if it is not balanced with sadness. One day, your life will flash before your eyes but you can make it a point worth watching. It's true we only understand death for the first time when death puts its icy hands upon one whom we hold dear. Most people fear death even more than pain itself without considering that sometimes, life hurts more than death. Due to this, this article brings up the best quotes about death and grief that are also deep quotes about death which will encourage and give you hope to your family and friends and put a smile on their faces.
READ ALSO ALSO: Value Chain Analysis:meaning and examples
Famous quotes about death
At this point, you are probably searching for some of the best famous quotes about death that will help you encourage your bereaved family, friends or group members who are mourning their loss and give them hope to move on with life. Below are some of the best most famous quotes about death:
- Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul, there is no such thing as separation. Rumi
- What would life be worth if there were no death? Who would enjoy the sun if it never rained? Who would yearn for the day if there were no night?- Glenn Ringtved
- It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives. The act of dying is not of importance, it lasts so short a time. Samuel Johnson
- Death commences too early – almost before you’re half-acquainted with life – you meet the other. Tennessee Williams
- We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. Chuck Palahniuk
- Man cannot possess anything as long as he fears death. But to him who does not fear it, everything belongs. Leo Tolstoy
- I feel monotony and death to be almost the same. Charlotte Brontë
- Do not fear death so much but rather the inadequate life. Bertolt Brecht
- I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity. Gilda Radner
- There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. Washington Irving
- Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds. Buddha
READ ALSO: list of cheat hotels in Cape Coast
Quotes on death
You might have lost someone and you wish to stop living if you have to do it without them. This article encourages you with some of the best collected quotes on death which will motivate you and others mourning a loved one who has left this life:
- There is something you must always remember; You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.- Winnie the Pooh
- If I can see the pain in your eyes, then share with me your tears. If I can see the joy in your eyes, then share with me your smile. – Santosh Kalwar
- Deep grief sometimes is almost like a specific location, a coordinate on a map of time. When you are standing in that forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place.
- But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes, this will bring hope – Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love
- When your fear touches someone’s pain, it becomes pity. When your love touches someone’s pain, it becomes compassion. – Stephen Levine
- Anything that’s human is mentionable, and anything that is mentionable can be more manageable. When we can talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, less upsetting, and less scary.
- There is an hour, a minute – you will remember it forever – when you know instinctively on the basis of the most inconsequential evidence, that something is wrong.
- You don’t know – can’t know – that it is the first of a series of “wrongful” events that will culminate in the utter devastation of your life as you have known it.- Joyce Carol Oates, A Widow’s Story
- When a friend of Abigail and John Adams was killed at Bunker Hill, Abigail’s response was to write a letter to her husband and include these words, ‘My bursting heart must find vent at my pen.– David McCullough
READ ALSO :Effects of climate change in Ghana
Philosophical quotes about death
There will be a lot of things which will go through your mind as you wonder why this friend or relative leave you at this point in life but here are some philosophical quotes about death to give you hope and put smiles on your face again.
- Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which cannot exist when I do?—Epicurus
- It is as natural to die as it is to be born. – Francis B
- All men think that all men are mortal but themselves. – Edward Young
- To fear death is to misunderstand life. – Unknown
- If life must not be taken too seriously, then so neither must death”—Samuel Butler
- Death can come at any age, but the pride of life fools a person into thinking that day is far away. – John Buttrick
- None of us knows the day of our death. However, if we knew that death is actually our acquisition, we would remove the fear of death from our lives. – Sunday Adelaja
- It is the secret of the world that all things subsist and do not die, but retire a little from sight and afterwards return again.—Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Death is but a door, time is but a window. I’ll be back!—Ghost busters II
- Death is nature’s way of saying, ‘Your table is ready.— Robin Williams
- Men fear death, as if unquestionably the greatest evil, and yet no man knows that it may not be the greatest good. – William Mitford
- I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.— Mark Twain
- The truth I have been seeking — this truth is Death. Yet Death is also a seeker. Forever seeking me. So — we have met at last. And I am prepared. I am at peace.— Bruce Lee
READ ALSO: funny jokes messages on love
We hope this article was helpful for your search on quotes about death and grief. This article covered some wonderful best accepting death quotes to send to friends, family and loved ones of whom we have been bereaved.