Steven Paul Jobs, commonly known as Steve Jobs, born on February 24, 1955, was an American entrepreneur and business magnate. He was the chairman, chief executive officer (CEO), and a co-founder of Apple Inc., chairman and majority shareholder of Pixar, a member of The Walt Disney Company's board of directors following its acquisition of Pixar, and the founder, chairman, and CEO of NEXT. He passed on on October 5, 2011, aged 56 years. In this article, we will list some amazing Steve Jobs Quotes from the iconic entrepreneur.
READ ALSO: Mechanical Lloyd contacts, phone and offices
Steve Jobs Quotes on Work
“The organization is clean and simple to understand, and very accountable. Everything just got simpler. That's been one of my mantras -- focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”
“Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That's because they were able to connect experiences they've had and synthesize new things.”
“My favourite things in life don't cost any money. It's really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.”
“To turn really interesting ideas and fledgeling technologies into a company that can continue to innovate for years, it requires a lot of discipline.”
“When you’re a carpenter making a beautiful chest of drawers, you’re not going to use a piece of plywood on the back, even though it faces the wall and nobody will see it. You’ll know it’s there, so you’re going to use a beautiful piece of wood on the back. For you to sleep well at night, the aesthetic, the quality, has to be carried all the way through.”
“If you don’t love something, you’re not going to go the extra mile, work the extra weekend, challenge the status quo as much.”
“We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and everyone should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? So this is what we’ve chosen to do with our life.”
“The greatest thing is when you do put your heart and soul into something over an extended period of time, and it is worth it.”
Entrepreneur Quotes Steve Jobs
- "Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations."
- "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."
Being an entrepreneur usually means taking a lot of risks — sometimes you have to leave a great job to pursue what you love no matter how scary it may be to take that leap, following your heart is always the best course of action, and that's how you succeed.
- "I'm convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance."
Along with risks, entrepreneurship comes with a lot of challenges and obstacles. Those who are determined to make it in the business world won't let these hardships get to them
- "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle."
- “And no, we don't know where it will lead. We just know there's something much bigger than any of us here.”
- “It's not the tools that you have faith in - tools are just tools. They work, or they don't work. It's people you have faith in or not. Yeah, sure, I'm still optimistic I mean, I get pessimistic sometimes but not for long.”
- “You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.”
“Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith.”
- “My favourite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.”
- “To be truly successful, you need to be happy and to be happy, you need to do what you love every day.”
Let’s explore some self-explanatory Steve Jobs Quotes About Business
- "It's really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them."
- "Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected."
- "Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful … that’s what matters to me."
- "I’m as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things."
- “I think if you do something and it turns out pretty good, then you should go do something else wonderful, not dwell on it for too long. Just figure out what’s next.”
- “Our goal is to make the best devices in the world, not to be the biggest.”
Steve Jobs Quotes About Entrepreneurship
- “Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.”
- “Stay hungry, stay foolish.”
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
- “Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.”
- “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”
- “Let’s go invent tomorrow instead of worrying about what happened yesterday.”
- “Things don’t have to change the world to be important.”
7 Quotes From Steve Jobs on Building Your Brand
- “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. The design is how it works.”
- “You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back toward the technology – not the other way around.”
- “Details matter, it’s worth waiting to get it right.”
- “Deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do.”
- “The cure for Apple is not cost-cutting. The cure for Apple is to innovate its way out of its current predicament.”
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
- “Think Different.”
Steve Jobs Quotes for Entrepreneurs
- "Good artists copy, great artists steal."
- "I'm as proud of many of the things we haven't done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things."
- Sacrifice is a great art. When you focus on too many things, you'll do none of them well.
- "Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become."
- "The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
Entrepreneurship requires audacity to see and do things differently.
- "Stay hungry. Stay foolish."
From all the Steve Jobs quotes you’ve read, one thing stands out and that is an Entrepreneur must be tenacious and not give up. Attention to details is also a hallmark for a successful entrepreneur. Steve Jobs was always looking for newer ways to improve upon what he had already done or what he has. Let’s all be inspired by his life and works
READ ALSO: Inspirational entrepreneurship quotes