Though they serve as full-time ministers of God, some of Ghana’s popular pastors have been tagged with various political parties over the years.
They have been tagged with these political parties for various reasons, though only one of them in the person of Owusu Bempah among those listed here, has openly confessed that he is a member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP).
Some of them have been mentioned as a member of a particular political party following a statement they made, or how they have carried themselves whenever that party was in power.
READ ALSO: I was told NAM1 had room full of money to pay us – Menzgold client
Given their large following and respect accorded them, YEN.com.gh brings you five of these pastors with the political parties they are alleged to belong to.
1. Nigel Gaisie: He claims to have predicted the death of musician Ebony Reigns. Being the founder and leader of True Fire Prophetic Word Ministry, Nigel has also made a prophecy concerning the 2020 general elections which led to many people tagging him as an NDC member. According to him, President Akufo-Addo will receive the shock of his life after that election. Many people have concluded that his likeness for ex-president Mahama, and his 'hidden' affiliation to the NDC led him to make that prophecy.
2. Mensah Otabil: The leader of International Central Gospel Church (ICGC), has also been rumoured to be an NPP member. This rumour goes way back during the time when late former president Mills was ruling Ghana on the ticket of the NDC.
According to information, Otabil always rejected invitations by the late Mills whenever he invited Ghanaian pastors to the then seat of government, the Osu Castle, for prayers. Otabil was also said to be enjoying many privileges, including possessing a diplomatic passport during the era of former president John Kufuor.
3. Duncan Williams: The founder and leader of Action Chapel International (ACI) is also rumoured to be an NDC member, though he has not made such a public pronouncement. He was noted to a very good friend of the late former president Atta Mills, and he fellowshipped in his church more than any other when he was alive.
According to an old rumour, Duncan Williams was also enjoying some privileges under the then NDC governance, including holding religious events at the Independence Square, something Otabil had the privilege to under Kufuor, but lost it with the NDC coming to power in 2008.
4. Owusu Bempah: Calling himself the “prophet of the nation”, Owusu Bempah was not popular during the rule of the NDC until Akufo-Addo and the NPP came into power. He himself has said he belongs to the NPP of many occasions, and has often predicted doom for Mahama in favour of President Akufo-Addo.
For instance, when Mahama declared his intentions to contest the 2020 elections, Owusu Bempah urged him to “go ahead, contest and disgrace himself”. He has often jumped to Akufo-Addo’s defense against the NDC.
5. Badu Kobi: The self-acclaimed prophet Emmanuel Badu Kobi has been rumoured to be an NDC member. He is on record to have attacked President Akufo-Addo occasionally, and also predicted doom for him and his president.
For instance, in an earlier report by YEN.com.gh, Badu Kobi said Akufo-Addo was not meant to be president of Ghana spiritually. He also said the president’s desire to retain his seat in 2020 won’t be realized because that is not the plan of God for his life.
Recently, he also called Akufo-Addo a "fool" over plans to tax churches.
Yenkasa: Does it Matter if a Child is Named by the Mother? | Yen.com.gh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page