Albert Einstein, a Nobel Prize Winner in Physics in the year 1921, was born on 14 March 1879. He was a German-born theoretical physicist who developed the theory of relativity. His work is also known for its influence on the philosophy of science. He is perhaps, best known for his mass-energy equivalence formula E = mc2, dubbed "the world's most famous equation" and asserted that matter could be turned into energy. This article sheds light on Albert Einstein quotes.
Albert Einstein quotes about life
These are quotes Einstein made concerning life.
- "I’d rather be an optimist and a fool than a pessimist and right."
We always harm ourselves without realizing it when we are being pessimists. Pessimists have a negative attitude that impacts their experience of life. Optimists know to enjoy the ride no matter its end.
- "Out of clutter, find simplicity."
- "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."
- “Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
- "A happy man is too satisfied with the present to dwell too much on the future."
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
- “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
- “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
- “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”
- “Never memorize something that you can look up.”
- “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
- “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
- "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
READ ALSO: List of hotels in East Legon
Albert Einstein quotes about education
The renowned physicist had something to say about education:
- "Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school."
- "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."
- "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
- "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
- "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions."
- "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
- "Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death. "
- "It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge."
- "Knowledge of what is does not open the door directly to what should be."
- "Most people say that it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong; it is character."
- "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- "Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas."
- "Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking."
- "The only source of knowledge is experience."
- "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
- "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
What Einstein seeks to tell is that we must never lose our imagination; we must never stop pushing; never stop dreaming.
Some of Einstein intelligence quotes include:
READ ALSO: Family quotes about love
- "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Creativity is intelligence having fun. Creativity is a form of play that can be both physical and mental. It is the ability to envision new things and the freedom to try them. Together with intelligence, creativity builds new worlds and constructs new realities.
- "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- "The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
- "Education is not the learning of facts, it’s rather the training of the mind to think."
Albert Einstein quotes success value
- “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.”
Albert Einstein quotes about love
- “When you are courting a nice girl, an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.”
- "Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
Most of the things in nature can be explained by a physical or biological law. Yet not everything has a clear-cut definition. We can explain how the universe works, yet we cannot say why people fall in love.
Best Einstein quotes
This group of quotes are some of the best quotes made by the genius physicist because they teach things concerning living a simple and blissful life that truly counts.
- "I am by heritage a Jew, by citizenship a Swiss, and by makeup a human being, and only a human being, without any special attachment to any state or national entity whatsoever."
- "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
- "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- "All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree."
- "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."
- "A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?"
- "A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
- "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools."
- "Concern for man and his fate must always form the chief interest of all technical endeavours. Never forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations."
- "It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."
- "Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason, mastery demands all of a person."
- "He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand in rapt awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
- "Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore."
- "A ship is always safe at the shore but that is not what it’s built for."
- "Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts."
Albert Einstein quotes live with us many decades after his passing. Not only was he a brilliant and celebrated scientist, but his outlook on things like life, love, success and education also continue to inspire us decades on.