Is there a certain age when maturity sets in? Well, this is the million-dollar question. Most people assume that growing old means becoming mature. But maturity has nothing to do with age. It is more inclined to becoming conscious of your environment. We have compiled a list of some of the maturity quotes that paint a new picture when it comes to maturity. The maturity quotes define the different concepts of what constitutes it.
Below is a list where you will find the collocation of wise, funny, inspirational, educative, and life-changing maturity quotes and proverbs. The maturity quotes have been captured over the years from a variety of different sources. They include quotations on maturity from great leaders, scientists, and wise men. The quotes reveal an entirely new meaning of what it means to be mature.
Quotes about maturity
- Maturity is that stage in life that the mirrors in our minds begin to change into windows and instead of viewing the reflection of ourselves; we see the reflection of others.
- Maturity in life is attained when a person fully accepts life as it is; full of tension.
- Maturity is the high price you have to pay for growing up.
- Maturity is attained when a person calls off the pressing pleasures in life in trade of the long-term values.
- Maturity is the talent to think, speak and act with your feelings which are bound together with your dignity. The intricate measure of maturity is how spiritual a person can become in the midst of all the frustrations that life offers.
- Maturity is the ability to reckon when one is immature.
- Maturity is the talent of reaping without giving an apology and not complaining when everything in our life seems to be going unwell.
- Maturity starts to sprout when a person can sense the concern of others which outweighs their fears about themselves.
- Maturity is the power to stick to a job until it is accomplished. It is the power to withstand any injustice without thinking of getting even. It is being able to walk with money without spending it. It is fulfilling a duty without necessarily being supervised.
- Every human being is entitled to make mistakes in life. To fall while doing it is what teaches us a lesson, but being able to laugh over them eventually is what shows maturity.
Being mature quotes
The ease in forgiving is a sign of not only spiritual but also emotional maturity. It is one of the most significant values which all human beings should hold. We live in a world where people don’t apologize or accept apologies. This only tends to elongate the problems between us. It is through humility and a largeness of heart that we can do both.
- When faced with difficult situations that need your action, remember to act your age and not your shoe size.
- The first signs of maturity and wisdom are being able to humble oneself and accept mistakes. We can, after that, learn more from these mistakes and grow ourselves.
- Maintaining a friendship or a close relationship with your ex-partner portrays your level of maturity. It also shows that both of you recognize the fact that you were not made for each other.
- Maturity is not measured by age, but through the level of correspondence to your responsibilities.
- A strong man is not one who stays behind to fight all his battles and arguments that may come to his path. A strong man also does not have to respond to criticism and remarks with his strength. He does not retaliate by giving his piece of mind to people. Most times, his response is what the people yearn for. He keeps his dignity and never lowers himself to their level. The real definition of the strength of a man is the ability to walk away from the hate with his head held high.
- Our grades in school do not measure our levels of intelligence. The same way our ages does not define our level of maturity.
- Sometimes, maturity is choosing to remain silent and admitting that we were wrong. It is not giving up, but rather it is growing up.
- Maturity is all about ending the excuses and making changes.
- A critical sign of maturity is the ability to remain comfortable with other people who are entirely different from us.
- Maturity is all about delaying little pleasures in our lives for a much more significant result in the lives of others.
- Part of growing up is starting to see and understand our weaknesses. Maturity is accepting these weaknesses and building on them.
READ ALSO: Funny Robert Mugabe quotes
Quotes about growing up and maturing
- Life is all about making changes and these changes are what depict maturity. Maturity is the process of creating oneself over and over again.
- The highest level of maturity is achieved when a person hurts you. Instead of hurting them back, you take time to understand their reasons for hurting you. Being able to understand their personality eases the pain caused by their hurt.
- Growing old is not a guarantee that you will achieve maturity.
- The ability to treat someone nicely even when you dislike them does not make you fake. It just speaks on your level of maturity of controlling how you feel towards them.
- Maturity is the point where it hits you that the only person to blame for all the troubles in your life, is the person that is standing in front of the mirror.
- During my youth, I thought that I knew everything in this world. But as I matured, I realized how foolish I was to believe that.
- Being able to maintain a relationship with all the fights unlocks another level of maturity.
- Maturity is realizing that running away from the problems in your life will only cause you to fall into another trouble eventually.
- Maturity means being able to come face-to-face with something and not evading it. It is about tackling each crisis as it comes your way.
- The biggest fear in life is growing up.
- The essence of maturity is remembering and doing those childish moments just once in a while.
- Maturity starts when we are happy to feel that we are right about something, this comes without the feeling and the necessity to show that someone else is wrong.
- You cannot pass the discrete boundary between adulthood and childhood until you walk through the passive voice to the active voice. It is when we take up the blame for what we have done. It is stopping ourselves from saying “It was messed up” to say “I messed it up.”
- The different levels of maturity depend on the people we are with.
- You know you are growing when you feel like doing the wrong thing because it feels right but then you choose to do the right thing.
- In all the circumstances in life, it is a pain that forces us to grow.
- During our childhood, being no longer vulnerable was the endpoints which we looked forward to. But during our adulthood, we realize that vulnerability is what makes us alive today.
Quotes about age and maturity
- The thought of growing old can be saddening, but the fact that we are ripening makes it count altogether.
- In this lifetime, you have to do your own bit of growth despite the growth and height of your grandfather.
- Maturity is the capability of working first on yourself and then taking responsibility to work on your progress as you grow further.
- Maturity is that point of life when you accept what no longer was allowed in life and ensure that you work within the means you can.
- The mind becomes mature when it can withstand all the uncertainties that come with life.
- To live life is to experience it in all dimensions ranging from good to bad, sweet to sour, light to dark and winter to summer. It is with these experiences that we learn more and eventually, the more mature we become.
- Maturity is not feeling down when you have people talking behind your back. It is finding ways to give them more reasons for them to talk about you.
- A person is considered immature when they want to win an argument so bad even if it means losing their relationship. A mature person would rather lose the case to keep the relationship going strong.
- A mature mind is not filled with a lot of clutter.
- Immaturity is the excuse hidden from the failure to concede responsibility or the actions of another person.
- Maturity is not a measure of the number of birthdays one has had in their lives, but more of the experiences and challenges they have overcome in their lifetime.
- The rate of maturity is directly proportional to the rate of embarrassment that one can accommodate in their life
- The worst part about adulthood is realizing that the things we yearned in our childhood are no longer wonderful when we get them in life.
Growth and maturity quotes
- When you are all grown up, you will realize that the process is not fun as we thought it would be in the beginning.
- Maturity is attained when a person recognizes what is right from what is wrong.
- A mature person has their goals set in life, they know where they have been, they know where they are currently and they know where they are headed.
- I don’t know what the true definition of maturity is but it is close to being responsible for your actions, and in case anything goes wrong, it is accepting the immediate responses.
- Maturity is defined in the words of your mouth and in your actions, not your age.
- Being mature with your emotions is learning how to treat kindly, those that mistreat you. That way, they can learn the virtue from you and spread it across the world.
- In life, the growth of the physical body is compulsory, however, the mental development is optional. It is up to you to either become responsible or irresponsible.
- As for young boys, they come and go, but for men, there are there to stay. It takes a whole lot of wisdom and maturity for a woman to differentiate between a man from a line of boys.
- Sometimes, maturity is the simplest of things; it is like choosing to be quiet when others decided to argue.
- Maturing involves gaining a lot, but it also includes losing your innocence.
- Wisdom is the by-product that comes with growing up and becoming mature.
- The moment egotism ends is the moment that youthfulness also stops. Maturity starts when one starts to live for others.
- With maturity comes responsibility.
With the above maturity quotes, it is certain that age has little to do with maturing. It is common to run into young people who are mature and old people who still act childish. Being mature is possessing character traits that differentiate you from others. It forms part of your decisions in life. With the help of the above quotes about adulthood maturity, you can learn how to live up to its expectations.
- Insightful silence quotes
- Powerful Martin Luther King quotes
- Determination quotes about life and work
- Cute love quotes for her
- African proverbs about life