Understanding how to restore iPhone without iTunes can come in handy at times. It is possible for your iPhone to be disabled after several attempts of unlocking it with a wrong PIN. It is also possible for it to get stuck at the recovery mode or DFU mode. This can be stressing. However, that should not mean that you give up on your iPhone, there are several ways you can factory reset or restore data of an iOS gadget without iTunes, when the device is dead, locked or frozen. This article looks at how to restore iPhone without iTunes because sometimes iTunes could fail to deliver on your expectations. Well, let us look at the alternative approaches.
Having your phone serve you effectively is something that everyone desires. Unfortunately, even the best quality of gadgets sometimes fail. When this happens, it is important to find effective ways to sort out the issue as fast as possible. Check out the following solutions for the iPhone.
READ ALSO: How to hard reset windows phone
iTune- iPhone solutions
iTunes has been at the forefront in assisting to restore data in our iPhones. It is possible to factory reset them when they are either frozen, dead or locked. However, there come situations when the iTunes fails to do so. You may have to resort to other available alternatives. Well, the good news is, there are several alternative approaches to restoring your iPhone without iTunes but before that, let us take a glimpse at the circumstances where you are required to restore iPhone without iTunes.
- Failure to get iTunes backup.
- Failure of iTunes to restore locked iPhone or get it out of DFU mode.
- When seeking to extract contacts and photos instead of restoring the whole iTunes backup.
- When the iTunes shows errors 3194, 4013, 4014, 9, 51 et cetera when you are trying to restore the iPhone with iTunes.
Restoring iPhone without iTunes
Factory reset iPhone without iTunes
Is it possible to restore iPhone without iTunes? One would wonder. Or could it be that you want to restore iPhone 6 because it is locked or disabled, but you do not want to use iTunes because it is hard and stressing to use. Well, the above cases can be solved to your satisfaction.
Situations where you could need to factory reset your iPhone:
- If you are upgrading your phone and you want a fresh start
- When configuring the device to its default settings
- When you want to sell the iPhone or give it away, and you want to remove personal details and information
- When taking the iPhone for repair
- When you want to clear memory on your iPhone
- When eliminating viruses and deleting files
- When fixing a malfunctioning iPhone device
READ ALSO: How to screenshot on a laptop
How to factory reset iPhone without iTunes
There are several methods you can use to factory reset your iPhone without iTunes. In this article, we are going to subdivide the ways into parts for easy differentiation.
The method is a quick one and does not need a computer until you want to synchronize your data with the computer. The process does not require iTunes at all. This method can be used on iPhones that are not locked.
The steps below can be used to factory reset your iPhone without iTunes
- Go directly to ‘Settings’ > General > Reset
- Then select the option ‘Erase all content and settings’
- Enter your password and click on ‘Erase iPhone.'
Hard reset iPhone without iTunes
- Press and hold the sleep/wake and home buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
- Once the Apple logo emerges, let go off the buttons.
- The phone will reboot and you will be done with the process.
Using the third party tool to reset iPhone without iTunes
Other than iTunes, there are other applications which can be used to factory reset your iPhone. One of these software is dr.fone-Erase (iOS). This software has a good, clear and easily understandable interface. Hence, it can be easily used to factory reset your iPhone.
Factory reset locked iPhone
If your iPhone is locked or disabled, you can as well restore it by factory reset without iTunes.
Let us look at the steps to follow.
- You will be required to download and install the software on your computer. Launch the application and select 'erase'
- Then, connect your iPhone to the computer. When the software detects the iPhone, choose ‘Erase All Data’ then click 'erase'. The software will begin to wipe your phone
- Because the operation you intend to follow will erase all data and leave your iPhone as a brand new one, you will be required to confirm that you intend to do it. Make sure to enter ‘delete' to confirm that.
- Once you approve, your iPhone will start being erased. The erasing will take a while. Wait until you get a confirmation message that the process is done.
iPhone recovery mode without iTunes
An iPhone becomes entirely useless in its recovery mode. At this point, the ineffectiveness of the iPhone becomes costly and frustrating since you may lose all your data if you have no backup. It can be even more frustrating if you have no clue on how to go about iPhone recovery mode without iTunes. Well, this article will guide you on the two ways of circumventing the recovery mode with the iTunes recovery and without iTunes.
This is the first option when restoring an iPhone in recovery mode. Therefore, always make sure you have the most updated version of iTunes on your computer before going this route. Well, after ensuring that follow these steps cautiously:
- Connect your USB to the computer only
- Hold the power button until a notification to slide power off emerges on your iPhone screen
- Hold down the iPhone’s home button and connect it to the USB cable already connected to the computer. The Apple logo will emerge which will then change to the recovery logo as shown below
- Immediately you see the recovery logo above release the home button. The iPhone will be in recovery at this juncture.
- Which your attention to iTunes. iTunes should display a dialogue box confirming that you are in recovery mode. Click ‘Restore’ to restore the device to a previously saved backup file.
Well, one man’s meat is another man’s poison. There are those who think using iTunes is the best way to go about a phone in the recovery mode. However, some will not listen to that, and they want other methods to go about it because they think iTunes is tedious.
This article has this group in mind too. We provide you with a way to restore your iPhone in recovery mode without iTunes. Let us have a look.
- Download iOS system recovery to your computer and launch the program then use ‘iOS recovery.'
- Connect iPhone to computer
If your iPhone is in recovery mode, the program will detect it by informing you that it is in an abnormal state. Click confirm to continue. Supposing the iPhone is disabled click Advanced mode to continue
- Enter recovery mode or DFU mode
If you have selected advanced mode, you will be required to follow instructions to put your iPhone in DFU mode. If not, then follow direction to enter recovery mode on your iPhone.
Note: If your iPhone is stuck at recovery mode or DFU mode, you are to skip this step
- Enter information on your phone
The following information will be required the name of the device, and the model of the iPhone. Make sure that the information you are providing is the correct one about the phone.
- Restore the iPhone
Click repair on the phone. The program will start downloading suitable firmware according to the information provided. Once the program is done, the program will be finished.
Important points to understand beforehand;
- If you restore the disabled iPhone in advanced mode, then all your data will be gone after resetting your iPhone.
- If your restore I regular mode, all your data will be fine on your iPhone.
READ ALSO: How to write a song for beginners
Backup iPhone without iTunes
Supposing you deleted essential data such as videos, contacts or SMS on your iPhone, is there a way you could recover all these? Well, the good news is, FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery can help us do that.
These are the amazing benefits we can get form FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery.
- Restoring data selectively from iTunes backups
- Work with iPhones on the latest iOS 11
- Recover files from iPhone directly which does not require iTunes backups
- Can be used to recover all kinds of files from iTunes back up when the iPhone is water damage, locked, frozen or lost
Follow these steps:
- Launch FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery
Once you have downloaded and installed the program, run it on your PC. An interface will emerge, connect iPhone to the computer v using a USB. Select ‘Recovery from iOS Device' and then click on ‘Start Scan.' There are important points to note here as well.
- If you have an iTunes back up, choose ‘Recovery from iTunes Backup File’ to restore iPhone from iTunes backups without iTunes.
- If the iPhone is backed up to iCloud restore by entering your Apple ID and password in ‘Recovery from iCloud Backup File.'
- Scan the iPhone data on your computer
The program will scan all the iPhone data
- Make a preview then restore the iPhone data
When all the menu has been listed, you will be required to mark by selecting them for a deep preview. Hit the ‘Recover button' to save all the marked files on your computer.
Restore IPSW without iTunes
An IPSW is an iPhone firmware file.
How to install IPSW without iTunes
Many situationst will require us to install IPSW in our iPhones.
The circumstance would include;
- When we want to update our iPhone’s iOS from iOS 10 to iOS 11
- Install iOS 11.4 on our iPhone
- When we want to downgrade our iPhone’s iOS from 11 to 10.3.3
- Fix the software update failed error
- When we are to get iPhone out of recovery mode
- Fix your iPhone stuck at Apple logo or in the black screen of death
- Repair an iPhone stuck at looping on the start of the device abnormal system issue
- Failed to restore the device to factory reset
A better way to use IPSW file to restore iPhone without iTunes is to install IPSW file on the iPhone. When using this, there will be no data loss form the iPhone.
IPSW File installation tools- iOS system recovery correctly helps install IPSW file on the iPhone without iTunes so that you can use the auxiliary tools to update or downgrade the device without losing data. As if that is not enough, the program enables you to restore deleted data from iPhone after losing data under any circumstance.
That said, let us now look at the steps required in installing IPSW file on iPhone without iTunes.
- Run the IPSW files installation tools and connect iPhone to the computer
- Select iOS 11/10/9 firmware files and download to iPhone. Note that The program gives iOS 10.3.3 and the newest version iOS 11. However, if you want to install 10 directly, click the download button to download iOS 10.3.3 firmware to your iPhone. If you want to install iOS 10 or iOS 9 or other older IPSW files on the iPhone, select and install IPSW file through IPSW Files installation Tools then save is on your computer.
- Locate the downloaded iOS. IPSW form your Computer to program. Click the select button.
- Install the iOS 11/10/9 IPSW without data loss. Once you are done with the above step, your iPhone will be updated to the iOS version which you selected.
Restore iPhone 6
How to restore locked iPhone 6 without iTunes
Factory reset iPhone 6 without iTunes- Full data Eraser
- Install Tenorshare iCareFone Cleaner – Full data Eraser on your computer and launch it.
- You will be required to confirm if indeed you want to delete your iPhone
- After a few minutes, your iPhone will be factory reset successfully
How to reset your iPhone 6 directly without iTunes
- Tap on settings app on your then select general then reset.
- Many options of resetting the iPhone 6 will pop up
- Reset all settings
- Erase all contents and settings
- Reset network settings
How to reset your iPhone 6 without iTunes and passcode
- Run the tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer then select factory reset on the iPhone in the menu option.
- Click ‘fix now’ to start downloading firmware
- Click ‘download’ to download the firmware online
- The software will begin restoring your iPhone to factory setting with the firmware, and once it is done, your iPhone would have been reset to factory settings.
If you have been wondering how to restore iPhone without iTunes? This article has provided you with many ways of restoring them. The article has delved deeper into restoring iPhone without iTunes, factory resetting iPhones without iTunes and also installing and using IPSW to restore iPhones. Feel comfortable to apply any of the above methods to implement the operation on your iPhone.
READ ALSO: How to write an article