Are you currently going through a sad moment and you need some sad quotes about life to comfort you? Or do you need to encourage someone and you are in search of the right quotes to share with them? Then this article is for you. It is true that unpleasant situations happen in life that makes us feel like giving up. However, it is worth remembering that life is not promised to be a bed of roses. This is why, having experienced the good side of life, there should be a preparation for the other side as well. Therefore, in this article, we share various deep sad quotes that can be used to express sad feelings, among others.
Sad quotes about life
While we cannot stop bad things from happening to us, we can choose how our reactions to those events will be. These are some sadness quotes about life that you need to read. They may make you bitter, but they contain some truth that will help you cope with the situation you have found yourself in.
- "Some days are just bad days, that's all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that's just the way it is!" - Dita Von Teese
- "Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water". - Christopher Morley
READ ALSO: Family quotes about love
- "Grief is never something you get over. You don't wake up one morning and say, 'I've conquered that; now I'm moving on.' It's something that walks beside you every day. And if you can learn how to manage it and honour the person that you miss, you can take something that is incredibly sad and have some form of positivity". - Terri Irwin
- "There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love". - Washington Irving
- "Experiencing sadness and anger can make you feel more creative, and by being creative, you can get beyond your pain or negativity". - Yoko Ono
- "Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness. They may not wear it on their sleeves, but it's there if you look deep". - Taraji P. Henson
- "It is sadder to find the past again and find it inadequate to the present than it is to have it elude you and remain forever a harmonious conception of memory". - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Top 10 sad quotes about life
There is no one in life who has not had or who will not have his or her share of the bad side of life. The only difference is that they may be tougher than each other. Irrespective of what brings a sorrow of heart to you, always bear in mind these top quotes about life. Knowing them will help you to appreciate life better, no matter what comes your way.
- "Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have". - Louis E. Boone
- "Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life". - Lord Byron
- "Sometimes pain is so unmanageable that the idea of spending another day with it seems impossible. Other times pain acts as a compass to help you through the messier tunnels of growing up. But pain can only help you find happiness if you remember it". - Adam Silvera
- "Sadness is a super important thing not to be ashamed about but to include in our lives. One of the bigger problems with sadness or depression is there’s so much shame around it. If you have it you’re a failure. You are felt as being very unattractive". - Mike Mills
- "You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness". - Jonathan Safran Foe
- "Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it". – Fyodor Dostoevsky
- "But grief makes a monster out of us sometimes . . . and sometimes you say and do things to the people you love that you can’t forgive yourself for". ― Melina Marchetta
- "Sometimes pain is so unmanageable that the idea of spending another day with it seems impossible. Other times pain acts as a compass to help you through the messier tunnels of growing up. But pain can only help you find happiness if you remember it". ― Adam Silvera
- "Man could not live if he were entirely impervious to sadness. Many sorrows can be endured only by being embraced, and the pleasure taken in them naturally has a somewhat melancholy character". - Emile Durkheim
- "Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it". - J. K. Rowling
Dark sad quotes about life
Being depressed can be so annoying especially when you look around all to find no shoulder to lean on. These are some sad quotations that to express one's dark and horrible moment in life.
- "I have always been alone in the darkness and sad but at the same time, it feels comforting and peaceful in the darkness but I cannot Explain it with words". - Black Rose
- "Love is like a fire...it is a beautiful thing that can help with the darkness of lonesomeness but it can also burn you". - Michaelsims
- "I think I'm ugly and nobody wants to love me. I am always all alone, no one beside me. That's why I accepted darkness, who wanted me even if it was for destruction...". - Dissentient
- "On the darkest days you have to search for a spot of brightness, on the coldest days you have to seek out a spot of warmth; on the bleakest days you have to keep your eyes onward and upward and on the saddest days you have to leave them open to let them cry. To let them dry. To give them a chance to wash out the pain in order to see fresh and clear once again". - Tahereh Mafi
- "The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it". - William Mather Lewis
- "Some of the most painful scars: the ones that hurt the most are the scars that can’t be seen". - Author Unknown
- My feeling is that there is nothing in life but refraining from hurting others, and comforting those who are sad". - Olive Schreiner
READ ALSO: Funny WhatsApp status
Cute sad quotes about life
These are beautiful sad quotes about life that can encourage you not to give up in life but move on by letting go of the past.
- "Sometimes, crying is the only way your eyes speak when your mouth can’t explain how broken your heart is". - Author Unknown
- "As the light begins to intensify, so does my misery, and I wonder how it is possible to hurt so much when nothing is wrong". - Tabitha Suzuma
- "Sadness usually results from one of the following causes either when a man does not succeed, or is ashamed of his success".- Seneca
- "Somehow, like so many people who get depressed, we felt our depressions were more complicated and existentially based than they actually were". - Author Unknown
- "No regret, no missing, no sadness. With no special feeling other than the certainty that, after all, time has passed".
- "The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest ones have the most beautiful smile. The most suffering are the wisest. All because they do not want other people to suffer as much as they have suffered". - Author Unknown
- "Half of the secular unrest and dismal, profane sadness of modern society comes from the vain ideas that every man is bound to be a critic for life". - Henry Van Dyke
- "There is some kind of a sweet innocence in being human- in not having to be just happy or just sad- in the nature of being able to be both broken and whole, at the same time". ― C. JoyBell C.
Feeling sad quotes
Are you sad and you are looking for I am sad quotes about life to convey your sorrowful emotion to others? Then, these quotes about sadness are perfect for you. However, some of them are good enough to encourage others with.
- "Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts". - Paramahansa Yogananda
- "Some days are just bad days, that's all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that's just the way it is!"" - Dita Von Teese
- "Start over, my darling. Be brave enough to find the life you want and courageous enough to chase it. Then start over and love yourself the way you were always meant to. -Madalyn Beck
- "Your feelings are valid. You have the right to feel whatever you feel. You aren’t exaggerating. You aren’t being too sensitive. You aren’t being dramatic. You’re hurting, and that’s okay".
- "I didn't want to wake up. I was having a much better time asleep. And that's really sad. It was almost like a reverse nightmare, like when you wake up from a nightmare you're so relieved. I woke up into a nightmare"". ― Ned Vizzini
- "I can't eat and I can't sleep. I'm not doing well in terms of being a functional human, you know? ― Ned Vizzini, It's Kind of a Funny Story
- "Oh, sometimes I think it is of no use to make friends. They only go out of your life after awhile and leave a hurt that is worse than the emptiness before they came". ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea
- "A feeling of sadness and longing, That is not akin to pain, And resembles sorrow only As the mist resembles the rain". - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "One of the greatest tragedies in life is to lose your own sense of self and accept the version of you that is expected by everyone else". ― K.L. Toth
READ ALSO: Verses about forgiveness in the Bible
Sad love quotes
Below are some of the saddest quotes about love that you will read about. However, the truth they present are strong enough to help you cope with the present challenge you are facing.
- "Walking alone is not difficult but when we have walked a mile worth a thousand years with someone then coming back alone is what is difficult". - Faraaz Kazi
- "There is no disguise which can hide love for long where it exists, or simulate it where it does not". - La Rochefoucauld
- "Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing". - Anais Nin
- “Absence from whom we love is worse than death, and frustrates hope severer than despair". - William Cowper
- "Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart". - Washington Irving
- "Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together". - Author unknown
- "If we must part forever, Give me but one kind word to think upon, And please myself with, while my heart's breaking". - Thomas Otway
- "One day you'll love me as I love you. One day you'll think of me as I think of you. One day you'll cry for me as I cry for you. One day you'll want me, but I won't want you". - Author unknown
English sad quotes about friendship
Here are some English sad quotes that you ever get. They also do well in expressing sad life status.
- "Everyone copes differently, some cry for the loss of a loved one, others smile because they know they’ll see them again."
- "Depression in life is like a bruise that never goes away. A bruise in your mind. You just got to be careful not to touch it where it hurts. It’s always there, though."
- "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack, a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in". – Leonard Cohen
- "Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation". - Kahlil Gibran
- "When we have no reason to be happy we often think to end ourselves, We often think we have no one in this world, it happens when our loved ones leave us and make us alone in this vast universe". - Debolina
- "We call that person who has lost his father, an orphan; and a widower that man who has lost his wife. But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence". - Joseph Roux
Being able to encourage yourself or others with the right sad quotes about life is important. This is why these quotes have been carefully selected to help you through. While you read them, remember that no condition is permanent. You will soon overcome that phase.
READ ALSO: Cute love images for her