A fire outbreak at the Konkomba market in Accra has led to the hospitalisation of one person who is currently in critical condition.
The incident, which happened on Tuesday evening, also led to the destruction of many properties after they were consumed by the blazing fire.
The sad incident is reported to have affected more than 200 people settling in and around the market.
READ ALSO: John Dumelo welcomes baby boy
According to a report by Accra-based Joy FM, the fire might have been caused by an electrical fault.
Also, almost half of the make-shift properties within the market have reportedly been lost in the fire.
“I live here with my two children and my wife and we don’t know where we are going to sleep this evening,” one of the affected persons said.
He explained that he was at work when he was called that his structure was on fire.
A security guard, who identified himself as Alhassan Abdul Razak, said he could only watch on as the properties burned.
According to him, he managed to save his wife and child but not any property of theirs.
“I was sleeping outside because I was on the night shift when I heard about the fire. Luckily for me, I was able to save my wife and two-weeks-old baby but my uniform and everything is gone,” he narrated.
Some affected residents also blamed the personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) for arrival at the scene rather too late.
“We won’t have lost our properties and structures if the Fire Service people had come early to put out the fire,” and aggrieved woman said.
Yenkasa: Sex Addict or Alcoholic Which Do You Prefer? | Yen.com.gh