Myles Munroe quotes give you an idea of what the powerful Christian minister was like during his lifetime. For those that are familiar with his work especially in the books that he wrote, it is easy to testify that Munroe was one of the brightest minds to ever live. His perspective on life and leadership and other crucial views were so interesting that it would be refreshing to listen to him. His was a story of moving from grass to grace and conquering poverty the right way. The man was loaded with wisdom which when adhered to can help people grow and become better people. The following powerful quotes will make you think about life in a new way.
Reading and listening to some of Myles Munroe’s quotes and sayings can be a simple act that transforms your life. During his lifetime, Munroe had a lot to say about life, purpose, leadership and relationships in general among other things. The following are but a few reminders of how rich this powerful man was as far as wisdom is concerned. Several years after his demise, his powerful legacy still lives on through his books and quotes. Check out some of his famous quotes on different life issues.
Myles Munroe leadership quotes
- Leadership is not about control, but service. It’s not about power, but empowerment. It’s not about manipulation, but inspiration.
- Character in leadership is the most important balance for leadership. Without character, leaders have no safety. Leadership has no protection without character.
- The more faithful we are with our stewardship, the more resources God will entrust to us. That is a biblical principle.
- Don’t ever make the mistake of telling God that you have nothing to offer. That simply is not true. God does not create any junk.
- Solid character will reflect itself in consistent behavior, while poor character will seek to hide behind deceptive words and actions.
- Your existence is evidence that this generation needs something that your life contains.
- People generally fall into one of three groups: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen, and the overwhelming majority, who have no notion of what happens. Every person is either a creator of fact or a creature of circumstance. He either puts color into his environment, or, like a chameleon, takes color from his environment.
- Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.
- Kingdom citizenship is a spiritual reality, but it is also a mentality. As believers, we already have the Spirit of God, but we need to learn the mind and the heart of God.
- I think leadership is not something you learn; it's something you discover.
READ ALSO: I am sorry messages for wife
My purpose in life quotes
- I discovered who I was when I discovered God. You are just like your father God.
- The wealthiest places in the world are not gold mines, oil fields, diamond mines or banks. The wealthiest place is the cemetery. There lies companies that were never started, masterpieces that were never painted. In the cemetery there is buried the greatest treasure of untapped potential. There is a treasure within you that must come out. Don’t go to the grave with your treasure still within YOU.
- Myles was also very keen on teaching people about purpose in life. He believed that finding one’s purpose is the essence of existence. Here are some of his quotes on the subject.
- Circumstances and crises are God’s tools to move you into your purpose and the maximizing of your potential.
- Purpose is when you know and understand what you were born to accomplish. Vision is when you see it in your mind and begin to imagine it.
- By refining your gift, you make room for it in the world. The more refined your gift, the more in demand you will be.
- The people who have impacted the world didn't live long. Martin Luther King. John F. Kennedy. These people who impact the world were not old people, but they lived so effectively that we cannot erase them from history.
Principles of life quotes
- Friendship is not a gift, but is the result of hard work.
- The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but a life without a purpose.
- When purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable.
- Whenever they sang a certain song in church, I used to sing it the loudest: 'Lead me, guide me, along the way!' One day, as I was singing this song, I felt as if the Lord was saying to me, 'Lead you along what way?' I realized then that if you don't have a plan, God doesn't have anything specific to direct you in.
- You must decide if you are going to rob the world or bless it with the rich, valuable, potent, untapped resources locked away within you.
- We live in a disposable, 'cast-off and throw-away' society that has largely lost any real sense of permanence. Ours is a world of expiration dates, limited shelf life, and planned obsolescence. Nothing is absolute.
- Being open to correction means making ourselves vulnerable, and many people are not willing to do that.
- A wedding is and event, but marriage is a life.
- The first basic need of a male is sexual fulfillment; for a female, affection. The second most basic need of a male is recreational companionship; for a female, communication and conversation. The third basic need of a male in a relationship is an attractive woman; for a woman, honesty and openness. The fourth basic need of a male is domestic support; for a female, financial support. The fifth basic need of a male is admiration and respect; for a woman, family commitment.
- God’s will and desire—His pleasure—is that we love Him. We cannot please God unless we love Him. We cannot love Him unless we know Him, and we cannot know Him unless we have faith in Him.
- We are a sum total of what we have learned from all who have taught us, both great and small.
- God did not create woman from man’s head, that he should command her, nor from his feet, that she should be his slave, but rather from his side, that she should be near his heart.
- Desire is craving enough to sacrifice for.
- God is the source and giver of our prosperity: “But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth.
READ ALSO: Quotes about death and grief
Useful quotes by Myles Munroe
- When you believe in your dream and your vision, then it begins to attract its own resources. No one was born to be a failure.
- The value of life is not in its duration, but in its donation. You are not important because of how long you live, you are important because of how effective you live.
- Our life is the sum total of all the decisions we make every day, and those decisions are determined by our priorities.
- Nothing is more difficult than trying to correct history.
- So what do you desire to do? What do you really want to do as a person? You need to stop and document that; write it down; make a plan; and then God says, 'I'll direct your steps.
- I think that the greatest gift God ever gave man is not the gift of sight but the gift of vision. Sight is a function of the eyes, but vision is a function of the heart.
- You weren't born just to live a life and to die; you were born to accomplish something specifically. Matter of fact, success is making it to the end of your purpose; that is success... Success is not just existing. Success is making it to the end of why you were born.
- Trust is a product of test over time.
READ ALSO: Sad love quotes for him
As a woman thinketh quotes
- For a woman, language spoken is an expression of what she is feeling. For a man, language spoken is an expression of what he is thinking. A woman says what is on her heart while a man says what is on his mind.
- A man leads with his mind while a woman leads with her heart.
- Marital faithfulness involves more than just sexual fidelity. Being faithful to your wife also means defending her and affirming her beauty, intelligence, and integrity at all times, particularly before other people. Faithfulness to your husband means sticking up for him, always building him up and never tearing him down. Marital fidelity means that your spouse’s health, happiness, security, and welfare take a higher place in your life than anything else except your own relationship with the Lord.
- The man is the protector, the woman is an encourager. He is a teacher, She is a Prophet . He is the provider, and She is the Producer.
- A woman builds a house with her hand, but destroys it with her mouth. So as a woman, if you want to build your house, just shut up.
- A wise woman helps her husband succeed. She keeps asking him questions, studies her husband. Struggle to get his vision and his dreams. A stupid woman criticizes her husband. An ideal woman is a helper, and you cannot help someone without knowing his vision. Help the man.
- Here are a few important principles to remember with regard to the giving and receiving between males and females. When a male demands, a female reacts; she doesn’t respond. When a male gives, a female responds. When a male commits, a female submits. Nothing is more precious to a female than a committed male. Nothing is no more depressing to a female than an uncommitted male. Here’s the secret, guys: If you want a submitted female, be a committed male. It’s that simple. When a male abuses, a female refuses. Whenever a man abuses a woman, she refuses to respond.
The above Myles Munroe quotes will get you thinking and reconsidering what your life should be like. It is important sometimes to stop and reevaluate your life.