Inspirational prayer quotes and sayings go a long way in changing the way we feel about life as Christians. We all at a point in time need inspiration when passing through difficult situations. For those who have issues with academics, work, church, or relationships, try meditating on prayer quotes and see how much of a difference it will make in your life!
When you find yourself in any problem which gets you stuck in your own head with negative thoughts and self-doubt, just read inspirational prayer quotes to encourage and inspire yourself. We have listed in this article, some of the best inspirational prayer quotes, Pray to God quotes and heart prayer quotes that you can use to end the year and set new goals to begin a fresh new year.
READ ALSO: Ghanaian engagement list for Ga-Adangbe
Now read these best inspirational prayer quotes, Christian quotes on prayer and heart prayer quotes which will inspire and encourage you to achieve greater things which you might have thought were impossible. These will enable you to face life’s problems with boldness and courage.
- "Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the One who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference." - Max Lucado
- "She (my mother) became a warrior far superior to an epic hero. She became a giant on her knees. With a sword in one hand, she battled the enemies of death and disease, and with her other hand stretched toward heaven, she kept beseeching God’s help and His mercy." - Bishop T.D. Jakes
- "There are parts of our calling, works of the Holy Spirit, and defeats of darkness that will come no other way than through furious, fervent, faith-filled, unceasing prayer." - Beth Moore
- "The reality is, my prayers don't change God. But, I am convinced prayer changes me. Praying boldly boots me out of that stale place of religious habit into authentic connection with God Himself." - Lysa TerKeurst
- "The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, 'O God, forgive me,' or 'Help me.'" - Billy Graham
- "True prayer is neither a mere mental exercise nor a vocal performance. It is far deeper than that - it is a spiritual transaction with the Creator of Heaven and Earth." - Charles Spurgeon
- "If you believe in prayer at all, expect God to hear you. If you do not expect, you will not have. God will not hear you unless you believe He will hear you; but if you believe He will, He will be as good as your faith." - Charles Spurgeon
- "Let no one profess to trust in God, and yet lay up for future wants, otherwise the Lord will first send him to the hoard he has amassed before He can answer the prayer for more." - George Muller
- "I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right, but it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation may be on the Lord's side." - Abraham Lincoln
- "Prayer is simply talking to God like a friend and should be the easiest thing we do each day." - Joyce Meyer
- "Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays." - Soren Kierkegaard
- "God is looking for people to use, and if you can get usable, he will wear you out. The most dangerous prayer you can pray is this: 'Use me.'" - Rick Warren
- "Rather than set aside daily time for prayer, I pray constantly and spontaneously about everything I encounter on a daily basis. When someone shares something with me, I'll often simply say, 'let's pray about this right now.'" - Thomas Kinkade
- "Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden." - Corrie Ten Boom
READ ALSO: Long love messages for her
Prayer quotes for strength
Prayer, as we know, is the act of communicating with God and it is the key to open doors in our lives as Christians. So when we find ourselves weak and feel all hope is lost in life, we as Christians need some Christian quotes on prayer and prayer quotes from the Bible to inspire us not to give up no matter the circumstances surrounding us. Also, this is where we need God to strengthen us, and this can be achieved through prayer. Due to that, we have compiled the best prayer quotes for strength and prayer quotes from the Bible that you can use to pray to God for strength.
- ‘The waters closed in over me to take my life; the deep surrounded me; weeds were wrapped about my head at the roots of the mountains. I went down to the land whose bars closed upon me forever; yet you brought up my life from the pit, O LORD my God. When my life was fainting away, I remembered the LORD, and my prayer came to you, into your holy temple”. Jonah 2:5-7
- "O LORD, how many are my foes! Many are rising against me; many are saying of my soul, There is no salvation for him in God.” Selah. But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the Lord, and He answered me from His holy hill. Selah. I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me. I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around". Psalms 3:1-6 ESV
- "[Hannah] was deeply distressed and prayed to the LORD and wept bitterly. And she vowed a vow and said, O LORD of hosts, if you will indeed look on the affliction of your servant and remember me and not forget your servant, but will give to your servant a son, then I will give him to the LORD all the days of his life, and no razor shall touch his head".1 Samuel 1:10-11 ESV
- "Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned and done what is evil in Your sight, so that You may be justified in Your words and blameless in Your judgment." Psalms 51: 1-4 ESV
- "Now, therefore, O our God, listen to the prayer of Your servant and to his pleas for mercy, and for Your own sake, O Lord, make Your face to shine upon Your sanctuary, which is desolate. O my God, incline Your ear and hear. Open Your eyes and see our desolation and the city that is called by Your name. For we do not present our pleas before You because of our righteousness, but because of Your great mercy. O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive. O Lord, pay attention and act. Delay not, for Your own sake, O my God, because Your city and Your people are called by Your name". Daniel 9: 17-19 ESV
READ ALSO: Good afternoon love messages for boyfriend
Prayer quotes for healing
There are a number of Christian quotes on prayer and prayer quotes from the Bible that talk about healing. Below are some of the best prayer quotes for healing that help in time of sickness, disease, and ailments. You will find a number of the best prayer quotes for in the old and new testaments.
- "Heal me o lord and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise." Jeremiah 17:14 ESV
- “Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power in it's working.” James 5:14:15 ESV
- “And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction.” Matthew 10: 1 ESV
- “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up” Ecclesiastes 3:1-2 ESV
- “To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. Blessed is the one who considers the poor! In the day of trouble, the Lord delivers him; the Lord protects him and keeps him alive; he is called blessed in the land; you do not give him up to the will of his enemies. The Lord sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness, You restore him to full health.” Psalms 41:1-3 ESV
- “Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves; therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty. For He wounds, but He binds up; He shatters, but His hands heal.”Job 5:17-18 ESV
- “And Peter said to him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ heals you; rise and make your bed. And immediately he rose.” Acts 9:34 ESV
- “He touched her hand, and the fever left her, and she rose and began to serve Him." Matthew 8:15 ESV
Prayer quotes for friends
Friends are gifts that have been given to us and must be recognized and appreciated. Some friends may be new and others may have been with us for years. Whatever way it is, as Christians, we need to always give thanks for them for their support, care, love, and faithfulness. This is why we have listed the most famous prayer quotes for friends to wish our dear friends well and also let them know we care about them.
- "May you receive what you've been praying for."
- "Want you to say a prayer of thanksgiving, for the Lord has restored your body and soul."
- "May Lord give you the grace to eat from the works of your hands".
- "One thing I'm sure of is this; heaven has heard you, help is on the way."
- "Season after season, may God's favour never depart from you".
- "You are not alone, God's grace speaks for you."
READ ALSO: African print pencil skirts for office
Being able to encourage yourself and your friends with the right prayer quotes and sayings is important. This is why these quotes have been carefully selected to help you through. While you read them, remember that with God, all things are possible through prayer. Always remember to pray to the father in the name of Jesus. For He will see you through life and make your existence beautiful.