Abedi Ayew Pele who turns 54 years on Monday, November 5, 2018, is arguably the greatest Ghanaian footballer.
Abedi during his active days captained the Black Stars from 1992 to 1998.
He was part of the Ghana team that won the African Cup in 1982 which was held in Libya. He featured 73 times for the Black Stars scoring 33 goals in the process.
READ ALSO: Youth and Sports Ministry official caught in reports of "bonking for access" with journalist
The first football club Abedi signed for was Real Tamale United (RTU) in 1980.
Abedi has played for top European clubs like Olympique Marseille, 1860 Munich, Lyon, etc.
As he celebrates his 54th birthday, YEN.com.gh brings you 5 wild photos of Abedi which prove that he was really a maestro.
READ ALSO: Andre Ayew celebrates dad's birthday (Photos)
1. In this photo, Abedi helped Olympique Marseille to win the EUFA Champions League in 1993
2. Abedi Pele outmuscled Paolo Maldini in a game between Marseille and AC Milan
3. He has always been there when the nation needs him
4. Abedi Pele and his son, Andre Ayew who currently plies his trade in the Turkish top-flight for Fernerbahche
5. Abedi Pele is now a football administrator. He is the owner of Nania FC, a second-tier side in Ghana
Xandy Kamel Interview on Star Gist: 'Benedicta Gafah Has No Womb' Xandy Drops Bombshell| #Yencomgh:
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN's official Facebook page.