Wise quotes do have an impact on how you choose to approach life. Chances are that you will be beaten by life at some point and may feel discouraged. When this happens to you, consider reading through quotes on life. These wise quotes will help you see a different perspective of what you are going through. Chances are that you will get ideas of how to handle such issues. Check out these examples of wise sayings that you can read and get encouraged even at your worst moment.
Wise quotes about life will come in handy every time you need to encourage yourself and others. These quotes will remind you of the things that actually matter in life. This article will categorize the quotes depending on different situations.
READ ALSO: Inspiring wedding quotes on love and marriage
Wise quotes to live by
These are these quotes that will make it possible for you to achieve success in life. It starts by understanding how to live others. Check them out.
- You can never plan the future by the past. Edmund Burke.
- Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. Eleanor Roosevelt.
- He that respects himself is safe from others. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain.
- He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. Friedrich Nietzsche.
- My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. Maya Angelou.
- The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense. Thomas A. Edison.
- A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do. Bob Dylan.
READ ALSO: Inspirational quotes about change
Wise quotes about love
Love is a big part of life. In case you encounter low moments in life that border on matters of love, these wise quotes about life and love will come in handy. Consider them in case you are targeting to be successful in love matters. These are useful quotes about life and love. You can get the necessary inspiration from them when things are really hard on you.
- I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe
- You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. Dr. Sues
- Love is a serious mental disease. Plato
- Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. Mother Theresa
- Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. Lucille Ball
- The opposite of love is not hate; it’s indifference. Elie Wiesel
- I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love. Henry Ward Beecher
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk. Dalai Lama
- Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia
Wise quotes about success
Have you heard of quotes such as Life is a boomerang. What you give, you get? Well, success may not be so obvious. Just because it is clothed in unfamiliar garments does not mean that you should not pursue it. Consider the following quotes for the motivation you need to keep striving.
- The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you.Tony Robbins
- Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom. George S. Patton
- The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus. Bruce Lee
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Steve Jobs
- Singleness of purpose is one of the chief essentials for success in life, no matter what may be one’s aim. John D. Rockefeller
- Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. Soren Kierkegaard
- Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to you in life. John F. Kennedy
- There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still. Franklin D. Roosevelt
- I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed. Michael Jordan
- There is no passion to be found playing small--in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. Nelson Mandela
- What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer
- Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The only disability in life is a bad attitude. Scott Hamilton
- Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all. Aristotle
- Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. William James
- Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them--that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like. Lao Tzu
READ ALSO: Most Famous Robert Mugabe quotes
Funny wise quotes
Humor is part of life. Consider these funny quotes for your wise moments. You can always laugh about certain things in your life just to lighten the moment. Here are a few examples of such quotes. They make some of the best wise quotes about life lessons.
- Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it. Lou Holtz
- Almost all of the research strongly supports the benefits of using humor to maximize living. Mary Kay Morrison
- Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. Henry Ford
- It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen. Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
- When life is too easy for us, we must beware or we may not be ready to meet the blows which sooner or later come to everyone, rich or poor. Eleanor Roosevelt
- Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best. Henry Van Dyke
- Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard
Wise quotes about time
As it is said, time is one constant that keeps changing yet it really does not change. Some have said time makes everything perfect. People have written several quotes on time based on their experiences in life. Going through these quotes may help you get your timely message depending on what you are going through.
- Lost time is never found again. Benjamin Franklin
- In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln
- There is more to life than increasing its speed. Mahatma Gandhi
- When a thing is done, it’s done. Don’t look back. Look forward to your next objective. George C. Marshall
- The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That's the day we truly grow up. John C. Maxwell
READ ALSO: Bob Marley quotes on life, love and happiness
Wise inspirational quotes
True success comes after a series of hard work. In the process, it is very easy to get discouraged especially when no results seem to be forthcoming. For this reason, consider reading inspirational quotes that will give you the wisdom you need to get through whatever hard situation you could be struggling with.
- In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
- The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. Vince Lombardi
- Today is life--the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto. Dale Carnegie
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. Confucius
- If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart. Nelson Mandela
- Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. George Bernard Shaw
- Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others? Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nothing that you have not given away will ever be really yours. C. S. Lewis
- There are three constants in life...change, choice and principles. Stephen Covey
- Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner. Les Brown
- Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent. Billy Graham.
Everyone needs a set of quotes and sayings they can refer to every once in a while. These are wise quotes that will help you stay sane when all you want to do is freak out because of life’s pressures. These are the quotes that will remind to work harder or strive to achieve certain things in life. Remember to share them with friends and family.