The managing editor of the New Crusading Guide newspaper, Abdul-Malik Kweku Baako Jnr, has challenged the ex- GFA president, Kwesi Nyantakyi, to name those who collected the $100,000 alleged bribe money the former GFA head claimed to have paid to try to stop the public release of the Anas "No 12" investigative video.
Reacting to the explosive claim, which was recently renewed by Nyantakyi's wife, Christine-Marie Nyantakyi in an interview, Baako said that Anas did not send anybody, at anytime, and anywhere to go and ask for any money from Nyantakyi to stop the premiere of the video.
The editor, who was speaking on Metro TV’s Good Morning Ghana on Thursday, November 8, 2018, stressed that Anas and his Tiger eye PI team did not request or receive any money from any quarter in exchange for "killing" the video, as alleged by Christine-Marie Nyantakyi.
Baako reiterated his earlier claim that it was rather Nyantakyi who worked with a lawyer to try and bribe Anas with $100,000 to stop the release of the damning video.
He revealed that a prominent lawyer acted as a facilitator in the payment of the $100,000 to stop the Tiger Eye PI team from showing the Number 12 video.
He said that the facilitator, who is a private law practitioner, and other high profile individuals who were privy to the transaction, had been angered by the actions of the embattled former GFA boss for allowing his wife to go public to speculate lies.
The newspaper editor added that the said lawyer returned the money to Nyantakyi because Anas had not asked any money from anybody and was not interested in it.
Yen.com.gh earlier reported that Nyantakyi's wife admitted to paying the $100,000 to stop the premiere of "No. 12" video.
In an interview on Metro TV’s Good Evening Ghana, she stated that they gave out the money after they were approached by some people who claimed they would ensure that the video was not released.
She however added that the money was returned to them in two tranches of $60,000 and $40,000, after the video was released in June 2018.
Ghana News Today: Mensa Otabil and 12 Others Sued / Prince Charles Arrives in Ghana | #Yencomgh
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.