- Saudi Arabia's prosecutor, Saud Al-Mojeb, says the kingdom has sought death penalty for suspects that were accused of murdering Jamal Khashoggi
- Khashoggi, a United-based Saudi Arabian journalist, was killed in his country's consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, on Tuesday, October 2
- He was said to have been chopped into pieces while still alive in horrifying seven-minute execution
Following the brutal killing of Saudi Arabian journalist, Jamal Khashoggi, death penalty has been sought by Saudi against five suspects that were accused of murdering the journalist in the country's consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, on Tuesday, October 2.
Daily Mail UK reports that Saudi's public prosecutor, Saud Al-Mojeb, announced charges against six other people allegedly involved in the killing.
YEN.com.gh notes that the prosecutor said Saudi believes that Khashoggi was given a lethal injection inside the country's consulate on October 2.
According to report, the prosecutor requested death sentence for the five who were charged with ordering and committing the crime and appropriate sentences for the other indicted individuals.
Twenty-one people are in custody in connection with the killing, 11 of whom have been indicted, while investigations will continue into the others.
Recall that Khashoggi was said to have been chopped into pieces while still alive in horrifying seven-minute execution in Saudi consulate in Istanbul, Turkey.
According to an anonymous source, the journalist, who wrote critically about the Saudis for the Washington Post, could be heard screaming as he was dragged from the consul general’s office to a desk in the next door study.
The source said the consul general was taken out of the room before Khashoggi was "injected with an unknown drug".
The anonymous source said Khashoggi’s cries and screams were heard by witnesses downstairs before his body was cut into pieces. He said: "There was no attempt to interrogate him. They had come to kill him."
Reactions have, however, trailed the decision to seek death penalty for the five suspects in the murder of Khashoggi.
An English journalist and television presenter, Piers Morgan, tweeted: "So the crown prince who ordered the murder is now going to kill 5 people who carried out his order. What a lovely man!"
See his tweet below:
See reactions to Morgan's tweet below:
yEN.com.gh previously reported that the United States promised to make those involved in the gruesome killing of US-based Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi, pay for their act.
The US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, made this promise during a phone conversation with the Saudi crown prince, Prince Mohammed bin Salman, on Sunday, November 11.
The promise was expedient after the pre-killing audio statement of the slain veteran journalist and critic of the Riyadh was revealed, detailing how he was begging his killers moments before he was murdered.
Earlier, President Tayyib of Turkey had revealed that the audio evidence had been sent to states interested in the case across the world.
He said: "We gave the tapes. We gave them to Saudi Arabia, to the United States, German, French and British, all of them. They have listened to all the conversation in them. They know."
Ghana News Today: Adenta on Fire as Angry Residents Protest Over Frequent Deaths| #Yencomgh
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN's official Facebook page.