The year 2018 may go down in the history of Ghana as one of the most turbulent years at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
A series of events that occurred on the campus have left sour tastes in the mouth of Ghanaians.
YEN.com.gh has sampled six instances in which KNUST appeared in the news for all the wrong reasons:
1. Demonstration: KNUST student embarked on a demonstration a few weeks ago, and it eventually resulted in the shutdown of the university.
2. Students arrested over a secret meeting: A group of students were arrested as they participated in a meeting.
3. Lecturers hold demonstration: KNUST lecturers laid down their tools and took the streets to register their grievances over the dissolution of the university's council.
4. Students turned away as school remains closed: Even after things had calmed down on the campus, some students were turned away after they reported to school, days after the demonstration.
5. Student threatens to bomb university: An unidentified student of KNUST took to a social media platform to declare an intent to detonate a bomb on campus.
Yenkasa: Some Musicians Share Thoughts on Kuami Eugene's 'Rockstar' Album| #Yencomgh