- Man United may not have won the Premier League in the last few years, their dominance in the league cannot be underestimated
- The Jose Mourinho led side are currently topping the chart of all time goals record in the history of the league with just about 60 goals to reach the 2000 goal mark
- Though they are low on ranking on the log, the feat is achievable for the Red Devils should they improve their attack in the January transfer window
The English Premier League remains one of the best leagues in Europe owing to the glamour and the quality of players it produces every season.
Apart from being the most watched league across the world, the English topflight has also produced a lot of spectacular goals that remain in the memory of the fans for a long while.
Last season, a total of 1,018 goals were scored in the EPL with Liverpool star Mohamed Salah scoring the most goals and setting a new record with 32 goals.
YEN.com.gh however previews the top five clubs in the league with the highest number of goals since the start of the tournament.
1. Manchester United are not just the most successful club in the league with 20 EPL titles, they also rank top of the goal scoring chart.
They have scored a total of 1,944 goals since the start of the competition - about 56 more goals to reach the 2000-goal mark.
Their success also span beyond the domestic league as they also have three Champions league titles among several other trophies credited to them
2. Arsenal are the second highest scoring club with 1,798 goals in the history of the EPL - a little less 200 goals behind United.
Unai Emery's men have been under immense pressure in the last few years following their failure to win the EPL title.
However, they aren't doing badly in terms of scoring goals - ranking second on the all time Premier League top scoring clubs in history.
3. Chelsea: Maurizio Sarri's men have been a force to reckon with in the English topflight, winning three EPL titles in the last eight years.
The Stamford Bridge side are third on the top scorer's chart with 1,734 credited to the Blues since they started participating in the league.
They are one of the few clubs yet to lose an English topflight game so far this season as they rank among top three teams on the log.
4. Liverpool are one of the high scoring sides in the Premier League having scored 1,708 goals in all of their EPL games.
Though, they haven't lifted the prestigious title in close to three decades now, but that didn't stop them from netting in their games.
Meanwhile, they last won a title in 2012, following their triumph in the English Football League tournament.
5. Tottenham Hotspur are yet to win a title since 2008 when they won the English Football League title.
However, Spurs are Premier League contenders year in, year out but have failed on most occasions, but they complete the top five chart of the high scoring EPL sides.
They have netted 1,500 in the league where they currently sit fourth on the log with 27 points from 12 matches.
Meanwhile, current League champions Manchester City are missing on the chart despite their affluence in the last few years.
They are on course to win the title again if they continue the way they are currently playing at the moment.