A six-week-old child simply called baby Benedicte has survived the deadly Ebola outbreak in Congo. This is after tens of grown-ups with much stronger immune systems have died from the outbreak.
The six-week-old infant has been dubbed “a miracle’’ by Congo’s Ministry of Health for surviving Ebola which she caught as a newborn.
“The little girl is called Benedicte and she was born on Oct. 31, so she’s about one and a half months old,’’ Jessica Ilunga, a spokesperson for the ministry told dpa on Friday.
Sadly, Benedicte’s mother died during childbirth while also infected with Ebola which has so far killed more than 300 people in eastern Congo.
Benedicte received 24-hour care throughout her hospitalisation and is the youngest person to recover from the virus in this outbreak, the ministry said.
Meanwhile, President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has removed three judges of the High Court from office after they were caught in corruption investigations.
The three judges are Justice Ayisi Addo, Justice Uuter Paul Dery, and Justice Mustapha Habib Logoh.
The decision to sack the three judges came following Anas Aremeyaw investigations in 2015.
Justice Story: The 'Untypical' Barber - Faces of Ghana| #Yencomgh
Click here to get the latest exciting English Premier League news. Get match highlights, reports, photos & videos all in one place.